• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The PAC12 THREAD v.2

Status
Not open for further replies.

BeaverShaver

Blocked, Ignored, and Hated in equal parts (12)
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In terms of location I think UW and Sun Devil Stadium are the nicest. Right near a real lake and a stadium between 2 buttes? How many stadiums have that?

I never said anything about location. I love the look of Husky stadium near the lake. And Sun Devil Stadium is a beautiful sight. But kids don't really care about that. They want ipod hookups and flat screens in their locker, a world class weight room and workout facility and they want to be on TV a lot. Ask any recruit if they care about a lake and a desert hill.

BeaverShaver

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sark: "Whoever gets that job at the University of Washington is walking into a great situation. .. They're going to reap some of the benefits of my hard work."

:sick:

What a dick....

JahiiCarson_SqodGeneral

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never said anything about location. I love the look of Husky stadium near the lake. And Sun Devil Stadium is a beautiful sight. But kids don't really care about that. They want ipod hookups and flat screens in their locker, a world class weight room and workout facility and they want to be on TV a lot. Ask any recruit if they care about a lake and a desert hill.

Recruits love the Lake and the fireworks shooting off, or the crowd noise and stadium design Autzen has trust me recruits do care about that shit.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,000.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My point is that you say they have the best facilities which is not true. Stadium does not equal facilities. Oregon's Moshofsky center and the new Death Star are by far and away the best in the West. Anyone will tell you that, and the jelly that spews from most Oregon haters will confirm it. It just is what it is. Yes, they were built with Nike money...deal with it.

UW has a great stadium location and upgraded facilities, but not the best. You get to look at pictures on the internet, I go there every other year and have been watching games there for almost 20 years. Yes, its a nice stadium, but not the best. And with what they have done to the parking lot situation, the tailgating experience is worse than it was before. Just a fact.

ASU is not even in the discussion. The stadium is nice, but hell, the one in Glendale is far superior. ASU is a few years and a few upgrades away from being in the mix. It will happen if they keep winning and drawing good crowds though.

Don't get your panties in a bunch, and spit UW's cock out of your mouth. Give credit where credit is due.

Um, if what Mamba texted me as your lot is true you weren't in the tailgating lot when you were up here so... Not sure you are qualified to say one way or the other lol.

The north lot is freaking huge and PACKED with tailgaters for every game. Thousands of cars with every type of party going on all at once. You guys were at one of the smaller campus lots.

The parking is slightly worse than it was before because they are building a light rail station right in front of the stadium and of course that construction zone eats up some of it, but they are all still there doing what they always did. The Tyee club people are on the south side and that's where all of the very rich tailgaters are and there are lots of them.

Then you add the Zone which is a big outdoor party area where you can buy drinks and it is right by the lower entrances to the stadium.

From my memory there are more parking spaces at UW than what I remember of Autzen. Just saying.

BeaverShaver

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Um, if what Mamba texted me as your lot is true you weren't in the tailgating lot when you were up here so... Not sure you are qualified to say one way or the other lol.

The north lot is freaking huge and PACKED with tailgaters for every game. Thousands of cars with every type of party going on all at once. You guys were at one of the smaller campus lots.

The parking is slightly worse than it was before because they are building a light rail station right in front of the stadium and of course that construction zone eats up some of it, but they are all still there doing what they always did. The Tyee club people are on the south side and that's where all of the very rich tailgaters are and there are lots of them.

Then you add the Zone which is a big outdoor party area where you can buy drinks and it is right by the lower entrances to the stadium.

From my memory there are more parking spaces at UW than what I remember of Autzen. Just saying.

I couldn't get into any of the main lots, so yes I was in some shitty small lot. There was construction and shit everywhere and the lots looked smaller, isn't something being built there? I was told twice to turn around because I did not have a pass. How in the hell are visiting fans supposed to tailgate? Usually you just pay as you go in.

Autzen has less stadium parking, but right across the street the entire north side of the stadium is where all the real tailgating is. And its not on a cement lot, there are huge fields with lots of trees for shade and stuff and this is where the real parties are.

Trust me I am not bashing Husky stadium, I love it up there and always have a blast. But tailgating on cement sucks and the lots looked different to me this year, that's all.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 10,000.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I couldn't get into any of the main lots, so yes I was in some shitty small lot. There was construction and shit everywhere and the lots looked smaller, isn't something being built there? I was told twice to turn around because I did not have a pass. How in the hell are visiting fans supposed to tailgate? Usually you just pay as you go in.

Autzen has less stadium parking, but right across the street the entire north side of the stadium is where all the real tailgating is. And its not on a cement lot, there are huge fields with lots of trees for shade and stuff and this is where the real parties are.

Trust me I am not bashing Husky stadium, I love it up there and always have a blast. But tailgating on cement sucks and the lots looked different to me this year, that's all.

The north lot is cement and I'm not sure why you would have been turned away from that area. There are always tons of visiting fans around. There are also lots near the lake where you have water, trees, and bit more privacy, but you need to know they are there and I would guess most visiting fans wouldn't know about them.

Where we party has grass and trees, but it's kind of exclusive parking. It is actually in the exit lane from the north lot, not an actual parking slot. The guys I go with have been going there on the same bus for over 35 years and have some special privileges. We have tons of room to setup our chairs and tents. Random people stop by every game and have a few drinks or just want their picture taken by the bus.

The north lot is just north of the basketball arena and the more private party spots are just east of the arena. Next time you come up just ask the other dawgs were the party is. We all know. :suds:

BeaverShaver

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The north lot is cement and I'm not sure why you would have been turned away from that area. There are always tons of visiting fans around. There are also lots near the lake where you have water, trees, and bit more privacy, but you need to know they are there and I would guess most visiting fans wouldn't know about them.

Where we party has grass and trees, but it's kind of exclusive parking. It is actually in the exit lane from the north lot, not an actual parking slot. The guys I go with have been going there on the same bus for over 35 years and have some special privileges. We have tons of room to setup our chairs and tents. Random people stop by every game and have a few drinks or just want their picture taken by the bus.

The north lot is just north of the basketball arena and the more private party spots are just east of the arena. Next time you come up just ask the other dawgs were the party is. We all know. :suds:

Shit man, I wish I would have known that. I have been there 10 times (I think) and never partied on grass or near trees. Same old cement. I think they see me coming and force me into that area, lol.

I will follow your advice for sure next time. Like I said, I always have a blast up there, win or lose. Seattle is a fun city and has lots to offer. I also love Mariner games, what a great freakin stadium. Lots of fun bars close by also.

BeaverShaver

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder how this will figure in for Brett Hundley?

That could make him close to a first rounder.

Hundley needs to come back IMO. He is a little rough, like MM. Not saying they wouldn't be high picks, but both need another year.

Could be a great matchup next year in the PAC CCG if Oregon and UCLA meet huh?

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 10,000.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shit man, I wish I would have known that. I have been there 10 times (I think) and never partied on grass or near trees. Same old cement. I think they see me coming and force me into that area, lol.

I will follow your advice for sure next time. Like I said, I always have a blast up there, win or lose. Seattle is a fun city and has lots to offer. I also love Mariner games, what a great freakin stadium. Lots of fun bars close by also.

Mamba has said I should ask about you and Dick's drive inn sometime? :noidea:

As for Mora, the question should be put to bed now. He used the situation to get a nice fat raise, more money for his coaches, and a promise for improvements to the infrastructure.

So that's 2 HC's with nice paydays and one didn't even have to pack up his furniture to get it.

Happy they will be going in another direction.

Ironbreaker

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,116.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hundley needs to come back IMO. He is a little rough, like MM. Not saying they wouldn't be high picks, but both need another year.

If what I heard on Rome today proves to be accurate Hundley will be back especially with the retention of Mora.

From Hundley himself.

Ironbreaker

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,116.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here you go Wiz

Most interesting thing I've heard today re: UW search is that Chris Petersen is intrigued enough to listen. That alone says something
— FootballScoop Staff (@footballscoop) [ame="https://twitter.com/footballscoop/statuses/407967079954792448"]December 3, 2013[/ame]​

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 10,000.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Most interesting thing I've heard today re: UW search is that Chris Petersen is intrigued enough to listen. That alone says something
— FootballScoop Staff (@footballscoop) December 3, 2013

Yeah, I saw that, but he listens to everyone and never seems that interested in what he hears.

I do think he would be a great story that likely would shock quite a bit of the college football world, but it wasn't as much about him as someone like him. You said there aren't guys like him but I say there are plenty. You do have to take risks on up and comers to grab one, but if woodward is worth what he is making he will find one.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, and Vita, if you really think that 'rich history' only means conference titles then I'm wasting my time even talking to you about it.

I did clearly say I don't think UCLA is a bad job, but that UW is a better one.

There are lots of lists out there with rankings in terms of desirability and the only thing consistent across all of them is USC at #1. I don't hold current records as high as it would seem some of them do. After all a HC coming in shouldn't really care that much about what the outbound coach was doing, but rather how easy is it going to be to get kids to come here and what obstacles are there to building a top 10 team in this market. Is the school I'm looking at a place I think I can win and build a dynasty at.

In that regard you can say USC is far and away #1 on the list with basically no obstacles of any kind. When I look at the list of schools after that I temporarily put Oregon #2 because wins do matter when you are on the national stage, but it is the fact they have the best facilities in probably all of football, even the pros. After that for the reasons I've already stated I put UW #3. I think if you lined up 100 guys and told them to take your pick of UW or UCLA if both were open and both had more or less the same level of kids already in the program I think 60 of them take UW.
It IS a 'rich history' whether you want to acknowledge it or not and besides I only used that phrase in rebuttal to being called a 'basketball first school'.

I have already said that I have much respect for the UW football history, I hope that counts for something in your book. To me this is not a competition but to say that UW is ONLY behind USC discounts a lot of factors.

I think my post was fair and accurate. 17 IS > 15 and UW is NOT behind ONLY SC in conference titles. Sorry if that hurts or bothers you brother, be done with it if you will but it is, just what it is.

Oh and by you putting Oregon after USC you yourself dispute your own point. The same point you have exception that I commented on. :L

You do realize I never argued whether UW was a better job or not.

I'll tell you what, I'll even concede that! :omg:

Can you believe that!! :lol:

My whole contention was whether it was a better job for Jim Mora Jr. or not. :noidea:

If he was uncommitted as a lead role to an organization, like he was when we hired him, I'd say he'd go in a heart beat.

But things have changed, Jim has something going on here in Westwood. He has built it and I'm sure it's a source of pride for him. It's hard to abandon those aspirations and it could be a little :finger: too going on since UW passed on him to get Sark and now Sark has left them high and dry. Oh and what better way to show them how they screwed up than to take back LA from the great USC with Sark at the helm. I think Mora has enough ego to think this way. :lol:

Oh and line up a 100 guys but make sure to tell them what they are currently doing and what they have done in the short time while they've been there.

I think that is important and matters in your scenario. Otherwise I'd have to agree with you, unrestricted I can totally understand the UW pick over UCLA just not for Jim Mora Jr. at this point and time.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mamba has said I should ask about you and Dick's drive inn sometime? :noidea:

As for Mora, the question should be put to bed now. He used the situation to get a nice fat raise, more money for his coaches, and a promise for improvements to the infrastructure.

So that's 2 HC's with nice paydays and one didn't even have to pack up his furniture to get it.

Happy they will be going in another direction.
He should have asked for Guerrero resignation too! :laugh3:

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A couple of interesting developments and possibilities re: UCLA and UW.

1.) While it appears that Mora may be staying, it is apparently not a "done deal" by any stretch. UCLA has agreed to meet his demands, but the school apparently does not have final say (Vita may know more about this). Since UCLA is a UC system school, the state of California may not be willing to pay him whatever he wants. So, it seems that what he has demanded, may not be what he gets when all is said and done. This could result in him still ending up in Washington.

2.) KSPN LA presented an interesting scenario based on Mora staying that makes a lot of sense. Brace yourselves Huskies because it's based off of one of Mamba's suggestions. The scenario was DeReuyter to Washington and Orgeron to Fresno.

Makes a lot of sense when you think about it.

Washington basically gets what they had in Sark. An up and coming coach who is becoming a hot commodity and will get snapped up by a bigger program sooner rather than later. He also comes with something Sark didn't......head coaching experience.

DeReuyter gets a nice step up to a bigger program that he may decide is home. Particularly when compared to where he came from.

Fresno gets the credibility with recruits of having a coach who came from a major program and who is one of the most well respected recruiters in the country. He also has relationships with high schools all over California. Fresno could see themselves getting a few kids that they would never get otherwise.

Orgeron gets a chance to sharpen his head coaching skills and work on things like in game decisions and halftime adjustments without the pressure that he would face at USC.

Seems like a good deal for all involved.

Last edited by a moderator:

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The one thing and its a big thing is I don't think you can lure Doeren away from NC State. This is only his second season there, sure he might think about it , but I don't think he would leave...

The other name that keeps coming up and this is exactly a guy I would like to see here ( Iron as well) is Pat Narduzzi the defensive cord/ asst head coach at Michigan St. He's been there 7yrs now, and the guy has top 10 units every year, the possible problem of luring him away is the simple fact they could have a side deal in line for him as the next head coach at MSU if the head coach leaves, also he's a midwest guy, would he make the move the west????

I think Narduzzi would be a fantastic coaching choice.

TheDayMan

Day Butt Ass the sadgaydayboy
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For my 1000th post, I would like to give one of these :finger: to Sark for ever mentioning himself in the same breath as Don James.

While I'm at it here's one for Oregon.:finger:

And one just because... :finger:

Status
Not open for further replies.