• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The PAC12 THREAD v.2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ironbreaker

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,116.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:wtf:

So you think someone in the nation would rather stay at a small program that can get the table scraps left over from when the big boys go recruiting in with easy academic requirements versus a big boy program that recruits from a MUCH larger pool, but has to make sure the ones they target can actually spell and add? :laugh3:

Seriously, Petersen is exactly the kind of coach UW should be going after. One who is happy where they are at and loyal to their school and fan base. Someone who has discipline and commands respect. With his family situation I'm sure he isn't going anywhere, but finding someone to be like him for us should be a high priority. I don't think Mora is that, but that's my opinion and it would seem most of my fellow dawgs are totally in love with him coming back home.

I would love to have Peterson. I just know he is never leaving BSU. Except for maybe if Cal or Oregon comes calling.

He loves it there. He hates media events and that only increases when you step up.

Outside of Peterson I don't think there is anyone like him.If so, then yeas make it a priority to go after him.

BeaverShaver

Blocked, Ignored, and Hated in equal parts (12)
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:wtf:

So you think someone in the nation would rather stay at a small program that can get the table scraps left over from when the big boys go recruiting in with easy academic requirements versus a big boy program that recruits from a MUCH larger pool, but has to make sure the ones they target can actually spell and add? :laugh3:

Seriously, Petersen is exactly the kind of coach UW should be going after. One who is happy where they are at and loyal to their school and fan base. Someone who has discipline and commands respect. With his family situation I'm sure he isn't going anywhere, but finding someone to be like him for us should be a high priority. I don't think Mora is that, but that's my opinion and it would seem most of my fellow dawgs are totally in love with him coming back home.

You are totally missing my point Wiz. I never slammed Peterson, nor did I say he would not be a good fit. In fact, I was hoping he would consider the Ducks after CK left.

I was very simply pointing out that there were some flaws in the idea that Peterson may be a better recruiter SIMPLY by being in a bigger market. Maybe he would, maybe he wouldn't. Maybe we will never know. My point was simple, BSU has no academic requirements and UW does. Do you ever consider that someone as smart and successful as Peterson knows what he has in BSU and chooses to stay?

BeaverShaver

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have a strong source who tells me that Marcus Mariota had along talk with Chip Kelly over the weekend and Chip urged him to play one more year. Nice job Chip!!!!!

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,000.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, and Vita, if you really think that 'rich history' only means conference titles then I'm wasting my time even talking to you about it.

I did clearly say I don't think UCLA is a bad job, but that UW is a better one.

There are lots of lists out there with rankings in terms of desirability and the only thing consistent across all of them is USC at #1. I don't hold current records as high as it would seem some of them do. After all a HC coming in shouldn't really care that much about what the outbound coach was doing, but rather how easy is it going to be to get kids to come here and what obstacles are there to building a top 10 team in this market. Is the school I'm looking at a place I think I can win and build a dynasty at.

In that regard you can say USC is far and away #1 on the list with basically no obstacles of any kind. When I look at the list of schools after that I temporarily put Oregon #2 because wins do matter when you are on the national stage, but it is the fact they have the best facilities in probably all of football, even the pros. After that for the reasons I've already stated I put UW #3. I think if you lined up 100 guys and told them to take your pick of UW or UCLA if both were open and both had more or less the same level of kids already in the program I think 60 of them take UW.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
CBSsports reporting UCLA has agreed to whatever demands Mora made today and he'll be staying. I'm fine with this call. Mora is one of a few names I think would make a great coach at UW. There are others out there. And it would of been crummy to leave UCLA after only 2 seasons. I respect Jim for that.

So the search continues.....sigh.

JahiiCarson_SqodGeneral

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
CBSsports reporting UCLA has agreed to whatever demands Mora made today and he'll be staying. I'm fine with this call. Mora is one of a few names I think would make a great coach at UW. There are others out there. And it would of been crummy to leave UCLA after only 2 seasons. I respect Jim for that.

Dont turn this into a fiasco like we did. :L

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 10,000.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I actually think this is good news for us. Now they can go after someone who has a chance to be much better than Mora and Sark.

BeaverShaver

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You show anyone UWs stadium and they will say its sick................ The truth hurts. Sun Devil Stadium and UW have the best location for a stadium in the Pac.

My point is that you say they have the best facilities which is not true. Stadium does not equal facilities. Oregon's Moshofsky center and the new Death Star are by far and away the best in the West. Anyone will tell you that, and the jelly that spews from most Oregon haters will confirm it. It just is what it is. Yes, they were built with Nike money...deal with it.

UW has a great stadium location and upgraded facilities, but not the best. You get to look at pictures on the internet, I go there every other year and have been watching games there for almost 20 years. Yes, its a nice stadium, but not the best. And with what they have done to the parking lot situation, the tailgating experience is worse than it was before. Just a fact.

ASU is not even in the discussion. The stadium is nice, but hell, the one in Glendale is far superior. ASU is a few years and a few upgrades away from being in the mix. It will happen if they keep winning and drawing good crowds though.

Don't get your panties in a bunch, and spit UW's cock out of your mouth. Give credit where credit is due.

JahiiCarson_SqodGeneral

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with Wiz Mora=Sark imo, Mora really lucked out with Noel Mazzone and his work with Brett Hundley. UW needs discipline without it you cant win on the road this was Ericksons problem when he was with us. When UW played @ ASU they kept a drive together after a late hit when it was 29-14 and UW was gaining momentum, cant have that shit need to be discipline.

BeaverShaver

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey everyone, do you think Jahii thinks that UW needs a coach who preaches discipline? I cant figure that out. Can someone point me to a post where Jahii talks about UW needing discipline?

JahiiCarson_SqodGeneral

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My point is that you say they have the best facilities which is not true. Stadium does not equal facilities. Oregon's Moshofsky center and the new Death Star are by far and away the best in the West. Anyone will tell you that, and the jelly that spews from most Oregon haters will confirm it. It just is what it is. Yes, they were built with Nike money...deal with it.

UW has a great stadium location and upgraded facilities, but not the best. You get to look at pictures on the internet, I go there every other year and have been watching games there for almost 20 years. Yes, its a nice stadium, but not the best. And with what they have done to the parking lot situation, the tailgating experience is worse than it was before. Just a fact.

ASU is not even in the discussion. The stadium is nice, but hell, the one in Glendale is far superior. ASU is a few years and a few upgrades away from being in the mix. It will happen if they keep winning and drawing good crowds though.

Don't get your panties in a bunch, and spit UW's cock out of your mouth. Give credit where credit is due.

In terms of location I think UW and Sun Devil Stadium are the nicest. Right near a real lake and a stadium between 2 buttes? How many stadiums have that?

JahiiCarson_SqodGeneral

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey everyone, do you think Jahii thinks that UW needs a coach who preaches discipline? I cant figure that out. Can someone point me to a post where Jahii talks about UW needing discipline?

I think you need to shut the fuck up! :suds:

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 10,000.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sark: "Whoever gets that job at the University of Washington is walking into a great situation. .. They're going to reap some of the benefits of my hard work."

:sick:

JahiiCarson_SqodGeneral

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

But I guess in terms of most known stadium and loudest the nod goes to Autzen.

Status
Not open for further replies.