• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The PAC12 THREAD v.2

Status
Not open for further replies.

JahiiCarson_SqodGeneral

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Homerun coaches are landed for desperation. Peterson is the safest homerun coach that mother fucker needs to leave im interested to see how he does outside of Boise State.

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry Mamba I don't think Ucla is as great of a job as it's hyped to be UW seems more attractive at the moment.

UW is an extremely attractive job. Not more attractive than UCLA. Equal to possibly.

But this hire could swing some power in the future of the PAC.

This feels like one of the biggest hires the conference has seen even more so than the last few years.

And again, I cant keep my mouth shut about who I am certain would work.

Dave Doeren or Tim DeRuyter.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,000.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Out of curiosity is none of the current Seahawks staff possible? Quinn? Bevell? Seto?

I think recruiting is so important that you can't really go from the NFL down unless it is someone with prior college coaching and recruiting experience.

And Mamba, I've been saying all along that Mora wouldn't be my first choice and that I hope they aren't looking at him just because he can bring staff and recruits and plug that hole left by Sark quickly. That is no reason to invest a program's long term future. I do think they could do better, but they could also do worse.

WhiteMamba

Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Homerun coaches are landed for desperation. Peterson is the safest homerun coach that mother fucker needs to leave im interested to see how he does outside of Boise State.

I think with his boy battling cancer and all he is quite content with his slow paced lifestyle in Boise vs a Seattle or LA media market.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, Jahii just cracked on our coach. Now I KNOW we made the right hire. The only way I could feel better about it is if OD comes on and guarantees that we will finish in the bottom half of the conference for the next several years.

I dont think he would say you would be bottom half but would probably tell you USC will be 7-6

WhiteMamba

Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think recruiting is so important that you can't really go from the NFL down unless it is someone with prior college coaching and recruiting experience.

And Mamba, I've been saying all along that Mora wouldn't be my first choice and that I hope they aren't looking at him just because he can bring staff and recruits and plug that hole left by Sark quickly. That is no reason to invest a program's long term future. I do think they could do better, but they could also do worse.

I agree.

JahiiCarson_SqodGeneral

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Who is your first choice? Peterson?

WhiteMamba

Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not saying Mora is a slouch. He is not. He is a very good HC. He can make things happen way easier in LA than at the current UW program.

They have got to think outside the box and find that hidden gem.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 10,000.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
UW is an extremely attractive job. Not more attractive than UCLA. Equal to possibly.

But this hire could swing some power in the future of the PAC.

This feels like one of the biggest hires the conference has seen even more so than the last few years.

And again, I cant keep my mouth shut about who I am certain would work.

Dave Doeren or Tim DeRuyter.

See there are your green and yellow colored glasses at work.

There is no reasonable way to say UCLA and UW are equally attractive as a head football coach. Honestly Oregon is attractive right now because of their facilities and recent success, but outside of USC there isn't a more attractive job in the Pac than UW and you really don't need me to lay out the reasons why.

Hook'Em0608

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 623.24
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was not a fan of Tim at A&M as defensive coordinator. For the record I watch more A&M games than any other school in the nation because I work for Texas A&M. He started off strong in 2010. In 2011 they were a bad defense. He then left and the defense got much better in 2012. Now they have zero talent in the upperclassmen ranks because he didn't recruit anything worth mentioning in his two years at A&M. He is a pretty good X and O coach but is a terrible recruiter. I wouldn't hire a guy like that at a school serious about winning conference titles. He is a Colorado, Iowa St, Purdue type of hire.

JahiiCarson_SqodGeneral

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not saying Mora is a slouch. He is not. He is a very good HC. He can make things happen way easier in LA than at the current UW program.

They have got to think outside the box and find that hidden gem.
Hire that 500 Big Eaet coach like Graham lmao, its really risky especially when UW has a head start on facility rennovations....

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Bevell was a position coach at Uconn and grad assistant at Iowa State
Quinn was a d coordinator at Hofstra and Florida
Seto climbed through the ranks at USC going from grad assistant, safeties, linbackers, secondary, def coordinator

WhiteMamba

Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Ya, ask stupid ass LSU for going out on limbs hiring the Mad Hatter and that red ass Saban.

Worked out well.

And Florida hiring that guy from Bowling Green and Utah ol Urban Meyer.

Oregon taking a chance on a New Hampshire then Oregon Offensive Coordinator that never coached as HC in his life, Kelly.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 10,000.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who is your first choice? Peterson?

I really don't get too involved in those things. I don't have a favorite. I expect that the people making those decisions have far more information and a much better idea of what they are looking for than I ever could.

I do have opinions about specific people, but all I want is someone who can get discipline back into the program which is exactly why Mora isn't as high for me as for some other fans. His teams have just as many penalties and I've seen them getting chippy and throwing punches around etc. That's not what I'm looking for. I want strong defense and a keen eye for building solid lines on both sides of the ball. I really don't care who they get as long as they fill those desires of mine.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

There is no reasonable way to say UCLA and UW are equally attractive as a head football coach. Honestly Oregon is attractive right now because of their facilities and recent success, but outside of USC there isn't a more attractive job in the Pac than UW and you really don't need me to lay out the reasons why.

Sorry but thats your purple glasses on.
UCLA right now is easily on par with UW and Stanford would likely trump both if it were open

JahiiCarson_SqodGeneral

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ya, ask stupid ass LSU for going out on limbs hiring the Mad Hatter and that red ass Saban.

Worked out well.

And Florida hiring that guy from Bowling Green and Utah ol Urban Meyer.

Oregon taking a chance on a New Hampshire then Oregon Offensive Coordinator that never coached as HC in his life, Kelly.
Dude Peterson would be a great coach especially with his reputation at Boise, hes good with kids, discipline (something UW needs), and is very loyal.

WhiteMamba

Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

And I have the school colored homer glasses on. I would like to see the reasoning, but i would read a half of a typed line of drivel then stop reading.

You are reaching very hard saying UW is a superior destination and or job to UW. I can buy equal. But no further.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 10,000.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry but thats your purple glasses on.
UCLA right now is easily on par with UW and Stanford would likely trump both if it were open

I can give you reasons why UW is attractive. What are yours for those being attractive? Just recent success? Oregon is attractive because of facilities AND their success. They have to have both to be that attractive. They have something to draw recruits in with besides just that they have some W's.

Stanford has special recruiting issues with their very stringent academic requirements and a rather apathetic fan base. UCLA is in the shadow of USC and they have been a more dedicated basketball school for most of their history. Their pay scale isn't nearly what UW's is and they share their recruiting grounds with a big brother they can never hope to dominate.

JahiiCarson_SqodGeneral

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
UW is right now because with the money from the Pac 12 network there the first ones to use it on facilitys and new stadium or stadium rennovation. Ucla and Asu, and more schools are planning there rennovations but UW has a head start, and honnestly have the coolest stadium, and best facilitys.

Status
Not open for further replies.