• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The PAC12 THREAD v.2

Status
Not open for further replies.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How did Graham not take the USC job? Still shocked he didn't get offered or no reports yet of him getting offered.

I think USC stressed the idea of having someone with ties to the school/area take the job, one of the reasons they went after Sark. I don't believe Todd Graham has any connections to USC or SoCal so that could be a reason.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,000.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd be happy with Mora but at this point I actually think my favorite candidate for the UW job is someone that has not been mentioned much, Gary Pinkel. He has had success everywhere he has gone and is a guy who I believe could really lead UW to national prominence. Just a matter of if he is willing to come back to UW.

In all honesty I would be happy with most of the names that have popped up so far. The one thing I would stress is finding a guy who will be dedicate to the region, that is why Mora really feels like a good fit.

Obviously as Gary is a student of Don James his is always an interesting name, but he is 61 years old. How much gas is left in that tank?

JahiiCarson_SqodGeneral

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Obviously as Gary is a student of Don James his is always an interesting name, but he is 61 years old. How much gas is left in that tank?

As much as Dennis Erickson as an hc when he came to asu being old his heart may be out of it.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For my last post of the night regarding how Sark will do at USC:

Unfortunately I think he is a terrific fit. I want to see him fail but cannot realistically see it happening. Sark did average/above average with average/above average talent at UW. With the recruits and resources that will be at his disposal at USC I don't see how he does not succeed. USC is one of those programs that even an average head coach (IMO) can lead them to 9+ win seasons. Not to mention by hiring Sark you get Wilcox and Tosh Lupoi. I hold Wilcox in very high regard as a defensive coordinator and I have heard Tosh Lupoi is one of the best recruiters in the country.

I understand why some USC fans may be not happy about the hiring but I think it will work out well for you guys. Sark is no Lane Kiffin. I'm not saying Sark is a great coach, just Kiffin was a terrible one. With the talent and resources of USC I cannot imagine how Sark could fail down there. He is not a bad head coach, just a very average one, which I believe can get the job done at USC.

I wish for Sark to fail more than anything but see it as highly, highly unlikely.

Hook'Em0608

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 623.24
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Texas isn't keeping shit. I don't know where that rumor came from. Mack is done but obviously they won't say anything for negative recruiting reasons. Jim Mora Jr. is the only Pac 12 coach being whispered as a potential target for Texas. Todd Graham isn't even on the radar. You are safe man. Graham burned a lot of bridges while he was at Rice with high school coaches. I don't think he ever coaches in Texas again. He is a damn good coach though so enjoy him. Texas is going to go hard after multiple big name coaches. If they all say no so be it. But put that fat check in front of them, show them around Austin, show them the facilities, let them meet all the billionaire boosters willing to donate even more money, and then let them walk away if they want to. Got to give it the old college try.

JahiiCarson_SqodGeneral

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder what Sarks style of play will be spread offense and uptempo? USC has always had the pro style offense to me it's like them giving LA the closest thing to an NFL team that's why I doubt he changes the system it's tradition at USC to run that pro style offense but could he run what he ran in Washington?

JahiiCarson_SqodGeneral

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Texas isn't keeping shit. I don't know where that rumor came from. Mack is done but obviously they won't say anything for negative recruiting reasons. Jim Mora Jr. is the only Pac 12 coach being whispered as a potential target for Texas. Todd Graham isn't even on the radar. You are safe man. Graham burned a lot of bridges while he was at Rice with high school coaches. I don't think he ever coaches in Texas again. He is a damn good coach though so enjoy him. Texas is going to go hard after multiple big name coaches. If they all say no so be it. But put that fat check in front of them, show them around Austin, show them the facilities, let them meet all the billionaire boosters willing to donate even more money, and then let them walk away if they want to. Got to give it the old college try.

Thanks man he's our dream coach we have always been a sleeping giant with a couple great years but now consistent years since the Kush era, and for the first time we have got over the hump lets see if we can do it consistantely and really wake up as a program he truely is our modern day Kush. He would be great in Texas though but people don't like him and Texas would never hire him he would be a hell of a coach at Texas but like you said to many burned bridges. I hope he stays though I hope he's here for the next 20 years I know this won't happen but it seems like he maybe loyal to us but if he gets a top notch coaching job he's leaving unfortunately.

Hook'Em0608

Hoopla Cash
$ 623.24
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can run pro style up tempo. NFL teams are even starting to do it some. I would imagine he would do some of that when the situation warrants. He would be a fool to spread it out and waste all the TE and FB talent California produces. Stanford would lick their chops as being the only game in the state for it.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 10,000.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder what Sarks style of play will be spread offense and uptempo? USC has always had the pro style offense to me it's like them giving LA the closest thing to an NFL team that's why I doubt he changes the system it's tradition at USC to run that pro style offense but could he run what he ran in Washington?

He will run the pro with power elements. That's not even a question. He only ran uptempo because he couldn't recruit the same on both lines as USC does and you must have that to beat those teams running it. He did what he thought would get him the closest to taking away that gap.

USC has no problems getting the line play they need. Part of their ability to get national 5 stars is the draw of playing a style that gets them ready right away for the NFL. That isn't going to change at all. Not a chance in hell.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Great point. Completely forgot to take that into consideration while thinking of him.

Even considering his age I think it still would not be a bad hire. Mostly because I think he is a guy who can at least get us through this transition period and coach the team for another 5-10 years before he retires. That way we can have a smoother transition to a younger, more long-term coach.

I just want to see someone they can bring in that will stop the bleeding. At this point I worry about the repercussions this will have not only on the recruiting class but on the continued progression of the team going into next year.

Chris Peterson is also a really, really interesting option. I love what he has been able to do without great recruits but I worry if he can do it on a larger scale with the Huskies. At UW he would have A LOT more talent to work with than Boise State did, but he will also be going up against MUCH tougher opponents.

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jim Mora to UW talk is so amateur hour.... LOL... Seriously... on all fronts it reeks of stupidity.

Hook'Em0608

Hoopla Cash
$ 623.24
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Todd Graham is yours for at least 4 years. He already has a reputation as a school hopper and nobody will want him until he proves he is willing to stay the course a little. What happens if he goes to a traditional power and has success and the NFL calls? Every AD in America has to be considering that with Graham.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Texas isn't keeping shit. I don't know where that rumor came from. Mack is done but obviously they won't say anything for negative recruiting reasons.

Even if UT wants to can Mack Brown I hope they at least get him to either resign or retire instead of having to fire him.

The program obviously has gone down hill but Mack Brown did amazing things for UT and I hope that it can end on a high note, without them having to fire him.

JahiiCarson_SqodGeneral

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Peterson would be perfect for the job. UW right now is a hot destination for recruits, with the new stadium, and shiny new facility's along with it being in a great location in Seattle. Peterson>Mora by far IMO Peterson has discipline which is critical to win on the road.

WhiteMamba

Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Ignore Jahii, he is the village idiot. He actually fears Texas going after Todd Graham...:laugh3::laugh3::laugh3::laugh3:

:wtf2:

WhiteMamba

Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is a brilliant move of Wilcox going and sticking with Sark for a few years at USC.

THe job offers he gets now are MWC HC at very best.

Few years with USC athletes at defense... He looks like Muschamp as DC and gets any HC job he wants outside of a handful.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 10,000.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great point. Completely forgot to take that into consideration while thinking of him.

Even considering his age I think it still would not be a bad hire. Mostly because I think he is a guy who can at least get us through this transition period and coach the team for another 5-10 years before he retires. That way we can have a smoother transition to a younger, more long-term coach.

I just want to see someone they can bring in that will stop the bleeding. At this point I worry about the repercussions this will have not only on the recruiting class but on the continued progression of the team going into next year.

Chris Peterson is also a really, really interesting option. I love what he has been able to do without great recruits but I worry if he can do it on a larger scale with the Huskies. At UW he would have A LOT more talent to work with than Boise State did, but he will also be going up against MUCH tougher opponents.
The part about Pinkles age is do you up and start over/move when you are at that point in your career and does he have incentives to do so and I don't think the answer is yes to either of those.

Petersen is a great option. He can recruit, has great discipline, gets the most out of his players, always has an emphasis on defense, and is very respectable. Those are the traits of someone that could translate his game anywhere IMO.

What Mora brings is recruiting RIGHT NOW. He could fill most of the holes Sark is taking with him in staff and recruits. I just hope we aren't offering him the job because of that over what his ceiling may be on where he can take the program.

I'd rather find a guy who isn't going to plug those short term holes, but is going to be a long term force in the conference than to take a guy who is simply filling in the short term needs without much hope of reaching a championship.

JahiiCarson_SqodGeneral

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Todd Graham is yours for at least 4 years. He already has a reputation as a school hopper and nobody will want him until he proves he is willing to stay the course a little. What happens if he goes to a traditional power and has success and the NFL calls? Every AD in America has to be considering that with Graham.

He's the best coach we have had in years. Snyder was probably the last decent one but most HC like Cooper hop out of Asu once they got an offer from Ohio State, he really didn't hop that much Pitt was just a really dumb decision by him. His wife always wanted to move to Arizona and they loved the State. Graham also really loved Frank Kush as a coach and really marveled at how he coach it was a great situation for him obviously he really can't afford to leave this early but in 4-5 years he will get a big offer especially with recruits were getting. Hail Graham! :suds:

Status
Not open for further replies.