• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The PAC12 THREAD v.2

Status
Not open for further replies.

SUBuddha

Stanford Nerd
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 84,965.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would UW go after Scott Frost?

I like DeRuyter at Fresno, he's an up and coming coach.

Also, what about Stanford's DC for those of you Defensive minded guys....

Just some thoughts....

As I said earlier, LEAVE MASON ALONE. I think he would jump to a DC job in the NFL, rather than a college HC, and I do not see him stabbing Shaw in the back by going in conference. But, I could be wrong.

Doctor Krieger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lmao

[ame="[MEDIA=twitter]407728884184920064[/MEDIA]"][/ame]

Last edited by a moderator:

TheDayMan

Day Butt Ass the sadgaydayboy
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm happy with the hire, but I like the Huskies fans on here, so I feel bad for you guys. I think Sark is a great fit at USC. I do wish he had handled it a little differently with Huskies, though. Been more honest. In his defense (partially), when he made the Don James comments, I don't think he expected that USC would come calling. However, he's been around long enough to know how these things work and he never should have mentioned the Dawgfather.

Some of my fellow Trojans are mixed about the hiring. They like Sark, but would prefer that he got UW to a Rose Bowl or 2. As I pointed out to them, he took over a program that was 0-12 the previous season and returned it to respectability within 2 years. Considering that he did this while dealing with 2 top 5 national programs in the same division, he has done an excellent job, imo.

I also think you guys have an excellent shot a Mora (sorry Vita) and that should scare the hell out of the Ducks and Trees. It's no secret that Mora has wanted the UW job. The only question is whether or not he would leave UCLA after only 2 years.

Couldn't blame him if he did, since it seems UW is his dream job and how often do you get a shot at that? And don't worry, you guys aren't hiring Kiffin (unless your AD is a former Duck or Tree).

In all seriousness I can see Sark doing well at USC. Though I can also see this being a blessing in disguise for our program. I was torn on Sark and would have swung real hard one way if next year wasn't a very clear step forward.

As far as Sark being a dick, I don't blame him for wanting to go back to USC, and I don't blame him for bailing now instead of hanging out through the bowl. But as you pointed out TF12, there were plenty of comments he has made that could have just as easily been left unsaid and he would look like much less of a douche at this point.

Anyway, good luck with your new guy, and let's hope we get ours (you know who I'm talking about). :suds:

asu_08

HIGH OCTANE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guys know the conference awards and all conference teams came out today right? Seems like all the talk is about the Washington HC position.

Pac-12 football awards and all-conference teams announced | Pac-12

I was surprised Sutton won Pat Tillman DPOY again. I think at this point in the season he's playing better than he did last year but expected the coaches to vote in somebody with better numbers like Barr.

I also think Coyle should switch places with ASJ and Nelson should switch places with Irabor.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In all seriousness I can see Sark doing well at USC. Though I can also see this being a blessing in disguise for our program. I was torn on Sark and would have swung real hard one way if next year wasn't a very clear step forward.

As far as Sark being a dick, I don't blame him for wanting to go back to USC, and I don't blame him for bailing now instead of hanging out through the bowl. But as you pointed out TF12, there were plenty of comments he has made that could have just as easily been left unsaid and he would look like much less of a douche at this point.

Anyway, good luck with your new guy, and let's hope we get ours (you know who I'm talking about). :suds:

Thanks. I think he'll do well too. I understand why he made the comments that he did (recruiting), but I think he could have made his point without bringing up the Dawgfather. It would be the same as a USC coach saying he wants to be here longer than McKay.

I hope you get your coach too. It would be great to see some USC/UW CCG's in the near future (especially at the Coliseum).:lol:

Not Neutral

Cross Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes I would expect it and obviously it is a major topic of discussion. Just thinking the post season awards would get some discussion as well.

Pretty substantial discussion in the South of the conference: Coach Graham, Coach of the Year; Kadeem, OPY and Will Sutton, DPY. All in the borders of AZ. CCG about to be played here as well. Lots to talk about ...in the South. :rollseyes:

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,000.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well we do at least know Mora is getting his chance to make his pitch and go for the job if he is interested.

Mora will be in town for a charity event later this week and sources are saying a decision one way or another should be hammered out by then.

Of course we don't know what is being offered (if anything) and how much interest Mora has. But where there is smoke there is fire in these things and it is safe to say both sides are at least measuring out their respective interest right now. Is there a higher candidate? Is Mora just listening out of courtesy? No one knows.

Reports are Sark was offered somewhere between 3.5 and 4.5 million a year for 5 years from USC which is a major raise over his salary at UW. I don't know how much Mora is making, but I'd bet Woodward will have to write a bigger check to get him to come here if indeed they are actually offering.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well we do at least know Mora is getting his chance to make his pitch and go for the job if he is interested.

Mora will be in town for a charity event later this week and sources are saying a decision one way or another should be hammered out by then.

Of course we don't know what is being offered (if anything) and how much interest Mora has. But where there is smoke there is fire in these things and it is safe to say both sides are at least measuring out their respective interest right now. Is there a higher candidate? Is Mora just listening out of courtesy? No one knows.

Reports are Sark was offered somewhere between 3.5 and 4.5 million a year for 5 years from USC which is a major raise over his salary at UW. I don't know how much Mora is making, but I'd bet Woodward will have to write a bigger check to get him to come here if indeed they are actually offering.

I don't know how much Mora is making either, but I do know that UCLA is historically one of the lowest paying jobs in the PAC. My guess is that given his well known love for UW and UCLA being a historically low paying job, it shouldn't cost UW too much more than they were paying Sark.

I'd expect that a decision at UW will come quickly. Usually, when that first domino falls, the rest fall pretty quickly.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,000.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know how much Mora is making either, but I do know that UCLA is historically one of the lowest paying jobs in the PAC. My guess is that given his well known love for UW and UCLA being a historically low paying job, it shouldn't cost UW too much more than they were paying Sark.

I'd expect that a decision at UW will come quickly. Usually, when that first domino falls, the rest fall pretty quickly.

Mora has some butt hurt over his beloved UW and money often heals that. I'm sure he thought he should have been offered ahead of Sark and now that we are coming to him after that one bailed he would likely want a real increase just to rub their noses in it.

Jim was not only a UW alum, but his wife is a former UW cheerleader. They both have deep roots here, but Mora also has a few bad memories. I'm sure he'd love to return here and build a championship team right next door to the NFL team that couldn't give him more than one season to turn things around here.

Again, I'm kind of disappointed if Mora is the best guy they could find, but I won't complain if we get him. I understand the intangibles. Mora can bring replacement staff with him, has been recruiting heavily in the most fertile recruiting grounds in the conference, and can hit the ground running. I just don't know if he is going to take them to championship runs.

JahiiCarson_SqodGeneral

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its best to hire a coach right away to maintain commited recruits before national signing day, but I still think UW needs a discipline coach to many penalties and missed tackles this season, Mora is the same type of coach.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mora has some butt hurt over his beloved UW and money often heals that. I'm sure he thought he should have been offered ahead of Sark and now that we are coming to him after that one bailed he would likely want a real increase just to rub their noses in it.

Jim was not only a UW alum, but his wife is a former UW cheerleader. They both have deep roots here, but Mora also has a few bad memories. I'm sure he'd love to return here and build a championship team right next door to the NFL team that couldn't give him more than one season to turn things around here.

Again, I'm kind of disappointed if Mora is the best guy they could find, but I won't complain if we get him. I understand the intangibles. Mora can bring replacement staff with him, has been recruiting heavily in the most fertile recruiting grounds in the conference, and can hit the ground running. I just don't know if he is going to take them to championship runs.

The problem these days is that no one (not even USC) can just go hire whoever they want. Top coaches are typically already in top jobs and it's very hard to get them to leave. The top schools can afford to give them long extensions and fat increases in pay to keep them.

Heck, USC backed away from Sumlin and he still turned that into a 6 year extension. Watch how quickly Saban gets a raise and extension if Texas comes calling.

The best thing these days is to get an up and coming guy or a guy like Sark or Mora who are willing to move laterally or who are coming from a less prestigious program.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Today's PAC-12 quote of the day comes from the brilliant, always smiling Keith Price. On coach Sark leaving for USC:

“At the end of the day, his family gotta eat,” UW senior quarterback Keith Price said moments after the meeting. “I’m sure if you were offered a lot of money to leave, I’m sure you would take that job, too. I’m not mad at him. It was just a business decision, and he made the right decision for his family.”

Because you know, it is extremely difficult for Sark's family to eat on his $2.9 million dollar annual salary.

Fucking idiot.

JahiiCarson_SqodGeneral

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Best decision for his family? Do they have family in Southern California or family members near by? Or is Keith Price just being a dumbass he makes plenty of money lmao! Is he serious?

JahiiCarson_SqodGeneral

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How did Graham not take the USC job? Still shocked he didn't get offered or no reports yet of him getting offered.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd be happy with Mora but at this point I actually think my favorite candidate for the UW job is someone that has not been mentioned much, Gary Pinkel. He has had success everywhere he has gone and is a guy who I believe could really lead UW to national prominence. Just a matter of if he is willing to come back to UW.

In all honesty I would be happy with most of the names that have popped up so far. The one thing I would stress is finding a guy who will be dedicate to the region, that is why Mora really feels like a good fit.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Best decision for his family? Do they have family in Southern California or family members near by? Or is Keith Price just being a dumbass he makes plenty of money lmao! Is he serious?

I believe Sark grew up in SoCal. But judging by the context it appeared he was talking about the financial aspect of it, since Price said "if you were offered a lot of money..."

Starting to think all those hits have finally damaged his brain.

Status
Not open for further replies.