• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The PAC12 THREAD v.2

Status
Not open for further replies.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,000.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In what regard?

Really? Do you care what a Duck thinks about our coaching search? Do you really thing you will get a candid and thoughtful discussion with any of them about it? Would we give them that if they were looking for a coach? I know I probably wouldn't.

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In what regard?

all of them. As a fan of UW why even mention Mora?

1 He isnt leaving LA.

2 They can do much much better than a retread PAC coach.

The answer is so obvious. Tim DeRuyter.

JahiiCarson_SqodGeneral

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ducks need to get a coach that toughens em up crying on national tv was really embarrassing and will stick with the program for years to come. Haha!

WhiteMamba

Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think of Graham as the best coach in the PAC......... Im a homer.

He may be. My comment isnt to knock Graham as I am a huge fan of his.

Just mentioning him as a Texas candidate is funny.

It is Texas. A coach jumper like Texas wouldnt get past the small boosters let alone the billion dollar donors and athletic department.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really? Do you care what a Duck thinks about our coaching search? Do you really thing you will get a candid and thoughtful discussion with any of them about it? Would we give them that if they were looking for a coach? I know I probably wouldn't.

I'm just curious why he thinks it reaks of stupidity. It makes sense to me. Strong UW connection, has done very well at UCLA. Only reason I can see it "reaking" of stupidity is if he thinks Mora would not leave.

JahiiCarson_SqodGeneral

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

1 He isnt leaving LA.

Mora would have better facility's and better game day atmosphere along with more alumni support at UW. Bruce Snyder left Cal for Asu........ It's all about the facility's.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

1 He isnt leaving LA.

1. Why wouldn't he? At one point he said he would leave the Falcons (NFL team) in the middle of a playoff run to coach the Huskies. It is his dream job.

2. I guess we disagree on Mora's abilities.

I do not believe DeRuyter has beat a ranked opponent with Fresno State.

JahiiCarson_SqodGeneral

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just drop a fat 3.0 million dollar contract for Peterson man he needs to leave Boise State I know he stays because he is guranteed a job for life and we saw what happened to Rich rod lost his job in 3 years but with new facility's and UW being attractive for recruits with the new stadium and other things it would make sense throw down a fat contract.

WhiteMamba

Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jim Mora isnt leaving 2 years into a Los Angeles U job that he was just crowned CFB king of SoCal.

He has unbelievable classes stacked up in what will be a 3rd class upcoming.

He wont go start over at UW.

Its not a knock on UW, just a praise of what he already has.

It is a pipe dream at best, dont care about his ties to Seattle and I doubt he does either.

To me as a Husky that is totally settling for a HC anyways.

Hook'Em0608

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 623.24
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even if UT wants to can Mack Brown I hope they at least get him to either resign or retire instead of having to fire him.

The program obviously has gone down hill but Mack Brown did amazing things for UT and I hope that it can end on a high note, without them having to fire him.

Mack has acted like a spoiled baby all year long. He has media personnel fired if they speak a negative word about the program. He shuts them out of the program where they have no choice but to fire them. These are former Texas players to and some that played under him. He constantly complains about the fans not supporting the team like we want to pay thousands of dollars to watch our team lose for the 4th year in a row when the players have the talent to win.

Mack admitted he went to sleep at the wheel back in 2009 and promised he was turning things around. He admitted he let recruiting stars drive his recruiting decisions. He refused to fire a defensive coordinator that had the worst defense in Texas history last season. Then turns around and fires him 2 games into the season. Greg Robinson of all people who sucked at Michigan has been able to turn the defense around to the point they only have given up around 350 yards a game under him and are first in the nation in sacks and tackles for loss since he took over. Thats how much talent the defense possesses. It just needed a semi competent person calling the shots and I'm not even sure Robinson would have been called that until now lol.

Mack said Texas would be good again this year and they aren't. 8-3 isn't good at Texas and he knows it. Not when you went 5-7, 8-5, and 9-4 the 3 years prior. Mack was given a chance to turn things around and he hired a terrible defensive coordinator who had never proven anything and then failed to correct his mistake. He was given a ton of free passes and now he needs to go and he will go. Whether he leaves on good terms or kicking and screaming out the door. It's his choice…

P.S. A big 12 title and BCS game could possibly buy him another year with the new AD but that isn't going to happen. Texas won't beat Baylor and also have Oklahoma St lose. Not with Case McCoy at QB.

WhiteMamba

Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. Why wouldn't he? At one point he said he would leave the Falcons (NFL team) in the middle of a playoff run to coach the Huskies. It is his dream job.

1. Didnt Sark have a similar comment?

2. He has abilities but UW can do better. They are do for a homerun coach. Mora is not a homerun coach in Seattle. I just dont see it turning around for at least 2 to 3 years.

3 DeRuyter hasnt played very many ranked teams. He also has shit facilities in shit Fresno. Seattle is infinite better than Fresno in several ways. How many ranked wins does Mora have as a CFB HC? None???:noidea:

JahiiCarson_SqodGeneral

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ucla is living in USCs shadow, bad crowds, decent alumni, horrible facility's. UW>Ucla until Ucla gets there renovations UW is a good job because all of there new facility's and new offices.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 10,000.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Mora is reportedly interviewing for the job so the notion that he wouldn't leave is just silly and Mamba has to know that.

As for beating ranked teams for DeRuyter how many other WAC teams beat ranked teams? What I mean is you measure them by how well they recruit against other teams at their level and how much do they get out of them compared to others around them. If a coach is dominating their own level of play you have to project what they might be able to do with better talent. You can get way better kids at UW than Fresno State.

I don't know much about him so I won't make a comment, but if he has strong discipline and a focus on defense I'd at least be open.

But again, he's a duck so I wouldn't listen to him about UW's coaching search. They don't have our best interest at heart.

JahiiCarson_SqodGeneral

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry Mamba I don't think Ucla is as great of a job as it's hyped to be UW seems more attractive at the moment.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Out of curiosity is none of the current Seahawks staff possible? Quinn? Bevell? Seto?

WhiteMamba

Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But again, he's a duck so I wouldn't listen to him about UW's coaching search. They don't have our best interest at heart.

You are right, I dont. But I cant keep my mouth shut at obvious choices.

Dave Doeren is another guy I would be HEAVILY pursuing if I were UW.

They need to think outside the box and get a homerun potential coach...

Doeren, DeRuyter, Adazzio and an outside longshot Golden.

THose are the game changers that I would be eyeballing.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 10,000.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well overall UW is a much better job than UCLA with much higher potential, but a good coach can build a program just about anywhere. I mean Mike Price was able to shine a huge turd on the palouse. UCLA suffers from what it always has and that is the program across the town with all the history, prestige, and recruiting advantages.

Status
Not open for further replies.