• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The PAC12 THREAD v.2

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I know Wisconsin's Brett Beilema left Madison last season for Arkansas before their Rose Bowl game and they didn't hire a head coach til like halfway through the off-season. Wisconsin finished 9-3 and almost made a BCS bowl had they won their last game. So its not like you have to be rushed into hiring a HC. Lots of hidden gems out there.

Ironbreaker

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,116.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I know Wisconsin's Brett Beilema left Madison last season for Arkansas before their Rose Bowl game and they didn't hire a head coach til like halfway through the off-season. Wisconsin finished 9-3 and almost made a BCS bowl had they won their last game. So its not like you have to be rushed into hiring a HC. Lots of hidden gems out there.

I honestly don't think it's being rushed. I believe UW knew this was going to happen and have been working behind the scenes getting shit done.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,000.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why rush a decision like that? You have the whole off-season to decide.

LOI day is in two months. You can't afford to lose out on an entire recruiting class and without a HC how many kids are you going to get? They need a HC and staff in place within a few days to help keep a class going.

As for Mora, I guess we will all have to agree to disagree. I said I wouldn't be upset with him as at least he is a Seattle guy with deep roots in this program, but I do think they could do better.

IB you are worried about being in this same boat 4-5 years from now if we don't get Mora? I already posted this but the last time a HC left UW to go somewhere else was Royal in '56. This isn't normally a stepping stone job. It is a destination, but SC is a different breed and Sark was always a Cali guy.

I say get the very best guy you can get here and not worry about how long they may stay. Enjoy them while they are yours.

TheDayMan

Day Butt Ass the sadgaydayboy
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I honestly don't think it's being rushed. I believe UW knew this was going to happen and have been working behind the scenes getting shit done.

Yeah. It seems like they have their guys already in mind. And with the way the staff will be gutted, leaving a shell of a staff with no one in charge moving into the off-season wouldn't be a good thing.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,000.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, the awards were posted several pages back, but why wouldn't the talk be about the HC changes today? It isn't just UW, but USC as well with possible implications on UCLA. Wouldn't you expect those kinds of changes to be a major topic of discussion? I mean we could always go back to basketball chat if that's more appropriate.

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, the awards were posted several pages back, but why wouldn't the talk be about the HC changes today? It isn't just UW, but USC as well with possible implications on UCLA. Wouldn't you expect those kinds of changes to be a major topic of discussion? I mean we could always go back to basketball chat if that's more appropriate.

Yes I would expect it and obviously it is a major topic of discussion. Just thinking the post season awards would get some discussion as well.

JahiiCarson_SqodGeneral

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You dont want to take your sweet time when hiring an HC look what happened to Asu it was a mess 2 years ago we got lucky af with Graham though.

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guys are legit but there overrated Jabari could be a chucker he was really selfish, anyway go to the Pac12 Basketball thread.

Jabari only seemed selfish because Arizona made him force difficult shots. Our defense is elite. But yeah ill go to the basketball thread.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Smart ass....:suds:

What do you think of your new head coach?

I'm happy with the hire, but I like the Huskies fans on here, so I feel bad for you guys. I think Sark is a great fit at USC. I do wish he had handled it a little differently with Huskies, though. Been more honest. In his defense (partially), when he made the Don James comments, I don't think he expected that USC would come calling. However, he's been around long enough to know how these things work and he never should have mentioned the Dawgfather.

Some of my fellow Trojans are mixed about the hiring. They like Sark, but would prefer that he got UW to a Rose Bowl or 2. As I pointed out to them, he took over a program that was 0-12 the previous season and returned it to respectability within 2 years. Considering that he did this while dealing with 2 top 5 national programs in the same division, he has done an excellent job, imo.

I also think you guys have an excellent shot a Mora (sorry Vita) and that should scare the hell out of the Ducks and Trees. It's no secret that Mora has wanted the UW job. The only question is whether or not he would leave UCLA after only 2 years.

Couldn't blame him if he did, since it seems UW is his dream job and how often do you get a shot at that? And don't worry, you guys aren't hiring Kiffin (unless your AD is a former Duck or Tree).

JahiiCarson_SqodGeneral

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sark is Lane Kiffin 2.0 no discipline and his teams play with no heart. Why didnt you guys hire Graham? Thank you so much though.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sark is Lane Kiffin 2.0 no discipline and his teams play with no heart. Why didnt you guys hire Graham? Thank you so much though.

Well, Jahii just cracked on our coach. Now I KNOW we made the right hire. The only way I could feel better about it is if OD comes on and guarantees that we will finish in the bottom half of the conference for the next several years.

Status
Not open for further replies.