• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The PAC12 THREAD v.2

Status
Not open for further replies.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Slick Ricks done a solid job on the PAC net. Very unbiased. Very knowledgable about PAC football and what's going on with all programs. Explains the Xs and Os well.

BeaverShaver

Blocked, Ignored, and Hated in equal parts (12)
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would UW go after Scott Frost?

I like DeRuyter at Fresno, he's an up and coming coach.

Also, what about Stanford's DC for those of you Defensive minded guys....

Just some thoughts....

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like him on there. And at least he can't ruin a program as an analyst...
Oh yeah!

He picked against us in every big game of the season (3-2)

At least he was wrong a couple of times! :lol:

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Slick Ricks done a solid job on the PAC net. Very unbiased. Very knowledgable about PAC football and what's going on with all programs. Explains the Xs and Os well.
I really wanted to give this post 'two' thumbs up but it only allowed 'one'!!!!!

:clap::suds::clap::suds::clap:

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would UW go after Scott Frost?

I like DeRuyter at Fresno, he's an up and coming coach.

Also, what about Stanford's DC for those of you Defensive minded guys....

Just some thoughts....

Think Frost is like Wilcox. Up and coming guy, but not quite ready to take over HC duties for a major conf program.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,000.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know why some love Mora, but to me he is a slightly improved Sark to be honest.

What was my biggest issue with Sark? Penalties. Isn't UCLA back to worst in the conference?

We need someone who commands respect, has a vision on how to navigate the many different types of offenses around the conference, is very strong on defense ans FFS play with discipline as well as fire!

Honestly if I could have either Petersen or Mora I'd take Petersen all day. Yes, we know he likely isn't in play, but it points out that guys from lower schools who don't have ties can be desirable and if you are looking around at lower guys who might be better why would we settle for Mora?

The reality is Sark wasn't USC's first option. In fact reports are that the job was first offered to several other candidates. Sumlin was likely the first choice and we know they were interested in Petersen among others.

If Mora is just a slight improvement over Sark why not take more time and look around for a major upgrade. A diamond in the rough. A guy who will be around long enough to build something special in a place that has been easy to build quality programs all throughout history?

I won't cry if Mora gets the nod, but he isn't my first choice.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Think Frost is like Wilcox. Up and coming guy, but not quite ready to take over HC duties for a major conf program.

Wasn't Sark and up and comer too? I don't think we can think its gonna be an existing HC, they got to get this right, cause if they get the right guy, he doesn't have to spend five years rebuilding, he could very easily have this program in the CCG in two years....

JahiiCarson_SqodGeneral

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who ever is hired the new facilitys will really help............ I say bring in the most impressive after the interview get someone who preaches discipline.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wasn't Sark and up and comer too? I don't think we can think its gonna be an existing HC, they got to get this right, cause if they get the right guy, he doesn't have to spend five years rebuilding, he could very easily have this program in the CCG in two years....
Hope they get the right guy dawg fans, cause it's anywhere from that to, well, you know... in the negative. The wrong guy puts you behind the starting point.

Honestly, what do you guys think of Coach O?

:noidea:

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,000.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hope they get the right guy dawg fans, cause it's anywhere from that to, well, you know... in the negative. The wrong guy puts you behind the starting point.

Can't understand half of what he says. But seriously, I'm not looking for more retreads. USC didn't do better because he is some genius coach. He did better because the players had checked out on Kiffin and after they left O let them play free, kept it light, and the players let loose and just played.

TheDayMan

Day Butt Ass the sadgaydayboy
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know why some love Mora, but to me he is a slightly improved Sark to be honest.

What was my biggest issue with Sark? Penalties. Isn't UCLA back to worst in the conference?

We need someone who commands respect, has a vision on how to navigate the many different types of offenses around the conference, is very strong on defense ans FFS play with discipline as well as fire!

Honestly if I could have either Petersen or Mora I'd take Petersen all day. Yes, we know he likely isn't in play, but it points out that guys from lower schools who don't have ties can be desirable and if you are looking around at lower guys who might be better why would we settle for Mora?

The reality is Sark wasn't USC's first option. In fact reports are that the job was first offered to several other candidates. Sumlin was likely the first choice and we know they were interested in Petersen among others.

If Mora is just a slight improvement over Sark why not take more time and look around for a major upgrade. A diamond in the rough. A guy who will be around long enough to build something special in a place that has been easy to build quality programs all throughout history?

Because Mora being only a slight upgrade over Sark is an opinion that some people (including myself) don't agree with. Petersen would be an exciting hire, but I don't think he is on the table.

With Mora we would get a guy who we know can recruit, who word is is great at working with and developing young players, and a guy who we know loves UW and UW football.

Ironbreaker

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,116.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The main reason I want Mora is he won't use UW as a stepping stone. Do we want to do this again 4-5 years down the road? I don't.

The more I think about it, the more Mora moves himself back to the top of my list. I think Mora and Sark are about the same quality of coach. Sark would have succeeded here. I'm not sure if anyone else would have done better than he did.

I know this, if we get Mora it's not a step backwards and it's a guy that WANTS to be here.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The main reason I want Mora is he won't use UW as a stepping stone. Do we want to do this again 4-5 years down the road? I don't.

The more I think about it, the more Mora moves himself back to the top of my list. I think Mora and Sark are about the same quality of coach. Sark would have succeeded here. I'm not sure if anyone else would have done better than he did.

I know this, if we get Mora it's not a step backwards and it's a guy that WANTS to be here.
Honestly feel it could be as easy as this...

Hundley announces he staying, Mora stays in LA, if not he bolts for UW but until then I wont give it much thought because I think/hope (idk) CJM stays in Westwood CA.

It's a nice place Coach!

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By the way, how long do you guys think your AD is gonna want to wait?

We see SC didn't waste a second!

TheDayMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By the way, how long do you guys think your AD is gonna want to wait?

We see SC didn't waste a second!

The Seattle sports media guys seem to think a decision will be made quickly.

TheDayMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why rush a decision like that? You have the whole off-season to decide.

Not really. A quick decision needs to be made for the same reasons Sark left for SC today.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He would have been my first call, hell I would have had him on a plane as soon as he resigned...

Status
Not open for further replies.