• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The PAC12 THREAD v.2

Status
Not open for further replies.

BeaverShaver

Blocked, Ignored, and Hated in equal parts (12)
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At this point, I don't really care about a bump from the Kraft to LV bowl. Maybe everyone else in the program would because you always want the best bid possible, but it's not like the payout for PAC teams ends up any different. We were at the LV game last year. Plus SF would be great for recruiting.

LOL. How is playing in a bowl game that nobody knows about, attends, or cares about going to help recruiting?

Just kidding man, I am really just trying to get my last minute Husky bashing in before another LONG off season. I am happy for the PAC in general, and here's to continuing this rivalry!! As much as I talk shit, I really do like it when both Oregon and Washington are good. In fact, I prefer an overall awesome NW squad of teams!!

:suds:

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,000.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Got a source on that? I don't remember him being offered either job. I know he was not offered Oregon, in fact not even interviewed. Not sure about Cal.

He was never interviewed for any of them. He did come out publicly about all of those openings and said he wasn't interested. Not sure if that is because the schools were contacting him behind the scenes, or just to shut the media up as they seem to hound him on every high profile job opening.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Phil Steele bowl projections:

Rose: Stanford / Mich St.
Alamo: Oregon / Oklahoma
Holiday: ASU / Kansas St.
Sun: UCLA / Duke
Vegas: USC / Fresno St.
Fight Hunger: Washington / BYU
New Mexico: Arizona / Utah St.
Advocare: Oregon St. / Boston College
Heart of Dallas: Washington St. / North Texas

Heart of Dallas is the 7 bowl for Big 10 and Little Caesers is #8.
Little Caesers is open due to only 7 eligible teams. Little Caesers has an alt team agreement to replace the Big 10 with a team from the Sun Belt.
Heart of Dallas will only be open if 2 teams get BCS bids. If Ohio State wins that is not a guarantee as MSU could fall out of at large ranking. if MSU wins they will likely get it.

Ironbreaker

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,116.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Got a source on that? I don't remember him being offered either job. I know he was not offered Oregon, in fact not even interviewed. Not sure about Cal.

nah. I've read more than one place that Cal and Oregon were the only places he'd consider. True I can't cite where he turned either down. I know this though when a college is looking for a new coach Peterson is always considered. Nothing official but I assumed they talked and Chris said thanks, but no.

I know Chris Petersen's name ALWAYS gets tossed out. Heard from a source close to him 2 jobs that'd tempt him: Oregon & Cal.
— Bruce Feldman (@BFeldmanCBS) [ame="[MEDIA=twitter]270959743206567936[/MEDIA]"]November 20, 2012[/ame]​

Last edited by a moderator:

BeaverShaver

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was never interviewed for any of them. He did come out publicly about all of those openings and said he wasn't interested. Not sure if that is because the schools were contacting him behind the scenes, or just to shut the media up as they seem to hound him on every high profile job opening.

That's kind of what I thought. Like Gruden, he always gets mentioned.

WABLTY

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no fucking way

why? Is it so Orgeron will stay and they keep both?

Ironbreaker

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,116.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no fucking way

why? Is it so Orgeron will stay and they keep both?

Earlier in the thread someone mentioned that Hayden told O he wasn't getting the HC job but he wants to retain him in some aspect.

NativeWebfoot

Live to race-Race to live
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your a complete idiot Native...hard to even image your a Beaver fan...Maybe you should watch Vaz again in LAST years Stanford game and the Alamo Bowl...yeah, good decisions as he lost both those games he should have won. Tell me again who is the #2 passer in the nation AFTER 12 games THIS year. Whose nutbag are ya gonna swing on next year now that you given up on the Beavers #1 QB. You sound alot like wazzy gazoo and his Leach rants but with another team. Are you just a bandwagon fan of this team or did you even go to college in Corvallis. Your probably wanting Riley to be fired too, either way.

Call Riley and tell him all about Vaz would ya and spare me of your constant bullshit. Get back to me next year when Mannion and HIS offense gets another season with pretty much the same guys they have this year. Maybe Banker's defense finally gets their head outta their asses when this years injuries are a thing of the past.

Mannion had an epic year...:clap:
If there's an idiot Beaver fan, you're it. I haven't heard ANY other Beaver fans (At ASU game or sports bars watching) that share your sentiments about Mannion. They've ALL voiced the same things I've said. How many TDs/INTs did Mannion get against UW in 3 3/4 of the game? (1 TD/4 INTs) How many TDs/INTs did Vaz get in the half of the 4th qtr that he got in? (3 TDs/ 0 INTs) You can rant all you want and you calling me an idiot is the most laughable thing you could say. ANY noob QB the Beavs have with half the attention Mannion gets from the QB coaches would be better than Mannion. Check the other boards and you'll find all the other Beaver fans asking why Mannion wasn't benched.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow. This just keeps getting worse. Reports claiming he's attempting to take Wilcox, Tosh, and Sirmon with him and already contacted Joe Mixon, to commit to USC. If Wilcox goes, good chance the entire staff implodes and we have to start from scratch with a bowl coming up. Team meeting at 2pm. Multiple husky players already tweeting about how fucked up this is. Jojo Mathis who is a freshman indicating he already wants to transfer.

And I can't see Mora jumping to UW after just 2 years at UCLA. I think the Huskies are truly fucked bigtime with this one. We're put in a position of weakness and scrambling 2-3 weeks to put together even a temp coach crew for the bowl game.

Mr. "I'm going to be here longer than Don James and this is my dream job."

While I can understand the allure of USC, you don't spend the summer saying stuff like "I'm going to be here longer than Don James" and then bail. If USC was in your heart, a grown man still doesn't do that. You keep your mouth shut. You don't burn bridges like that. Real men don't. Adios and FO Sark. :L

BeaverShaver

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dear Husky recruits,

Come on down to Oregon. We will welcome you with open arms, as long as you are good.

Sincerely,

The Ducks

Ironbreaker

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,116.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow. This just keeps getting worse. Reports claiming he's attempting to take Wilcox, Tosh, and Sirmon with him and already contacted Joe Mixon, to commit to USC. If Wilcox goes, good chance the entire staff implodes and we have to start from scratch with a bowl coming up. Team meeting at 2pm. Multiple husky players already tweeting about how fucked up this is. Jojo Mathis who is a freshman indicating he already wants to transfer.

And I can't see Mora jumping to UW after just 2 years at UCLA. I think the Huskies are truly fucked bigtime with this one. We're put in a position of weakness and scrambling 2-3 weeks to put together even a temp coach crew for the bowl game.

Mr. "I'm going to be here longer than Don James and this is my dream job."

While I can understand the allure of USC, you don't spend the summer saying stuff like "I'm going to be here longer than Don James" and then bail. If USC was in your heart, a grown man still doesn't do that. You keep your mouth shut. You don't burn bridges like that. Real men don't. Adios and FO Sark. :L

ahhh man. That was my next question. If he'd stay through bowl season.

I lost a shit ton of respect for Brian Kelley when he dumped on Cincinnati. I was hoping Sark would have some class about this.

Status
Not open for further replies.