• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The PAC12 THREAD v.2

Status
Not open for further replies.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Steve Sarkisian just did an interview on KJR sports radio.

"I didn't interview for the job. They (USC) reached out and I talked to them (this weekend).

Christ, this is supposed to be a big recruiting week for the Dawgs with all the coaches hitting the road to work it. I really wish just like Peterson, we would hear a solid announcement from Sark that's he's also taking his name out of consideration. It's still sounding wishy washy from him, damnit.

Ok before I start a shit storm, read the first sentence again, "I didn't interview for the job, I talked to them."
Which could mean SC reached out and asked his thoughts on possible coaches...

Or ( here comes the big cuss storm)

The cock sucker is trying to wiggle his little sneaky ass in the postion, in which case I hope we beat the shit out of SC everytime we play them, fuck the Ducks, SC is public enemy number 1....

Ok I'm done:suds:

mrwallace2ku

Treehugger
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
YES!!!

:clap:

The 6-6 Beavs are turning on each other....:lol:

I have "no respect" for that douchebag Native. Points his finger at 1 guy, but not the other 80 guys or even a coach.

BTW Mamba...Hellva last drive by Mariota for the winner (great catch by Huff), sure your nutsac was in your throat thruout the 2nd halfer of that Civil. :whistle: :clap:

Ironbreaker

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,116.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hate to say it but I agree.

Oregon State usually plays very well in bowl games, even when over matched. This year with the level of competition OSU plays, they should cruise.

I think overall the PAC12 could have a scary good showing in Bowl Games this bowl season.

Would be outstanding to match our 2008 results, except with almost double the amount of teams. 9-0!!!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R32yXgCBI80]Starsky & Hutch DO IT!!! - YouTube[/ame]

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^^^ Keep in mind, all teams get a bump up in Bowl pairings if N. Illinois gets beat by Bowling Green.

Highly likely Oregon gets Fiesta invite if Bowling Green wins.

So... alllllll together now......

#GOOOO DUCKS!!!!

1ST off before I chant Ducks what exactly is the injury there listing for Mariota? To me that kid is hurt, and he's being a serious player still going out there, but my question is if its a knee they why the hell keep putting him out there only to damage it even more? Screw knee braces and drugs that crap only masks it, (trust me I've done that and have the scars and pain from that approach)....

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1ST off before I chant Ducks what exactly is the injury there listing for Mariota? To me that kid is hurt, and he's being a serious player still going out there, but my question is if its a knee they why the hell keep putting him out there only to damage it even more? Screw knee braces and drugs that crap only masks it, (trust me I've done that and have the scars and pain from that approach)....

sprained MCL he has been playing with since 2nd half of UCLA.

Tough kid, I would have thought they shut him down, but what do I know....

mrwallace2ku

Treehugger
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no shocker I suppose. At least I am not.

Pete is the most loyal guy in CFB hand down... No? Riley close second.

thx for updates...

Watch Bob DeC (Beaver AD) buck up and give Riley what he deserves this year after bowling season, a BIG FAT raise and lifelong contract extension. Riley will retire from coaching as the BEST FSB COLLEGE COACH ever seen in the State of Oregon.

Take that and deposit in the Bank of Bellotti Smuck fans...:laugh3: :yahoo:

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There we go. Looks much better. Swap around ASU and Stanford and I think we got a winner!

Not to disrespect the ASU fans, but why does everyone think Stanford is gonna lay an egg in the CCG?
They have time and time again proven to show up for big games and they win, sure times they play down to the level of there opposing team, but they get the job done???

I don't know fella's even with ASU at home, I think Stanford goes in and wins a close game....

trojanfight

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No shock Peterson withdrew. Franklin might be the guy and it may turn out to be a good fit, but I really want to see Del Rio get it. I'd rather see coach O keep the job then Franklin getting it to be honest.

now heres something was there ever any interest from Peterson? is there any from franklin? will we see a similar statement from frankin in a few days? not blown away by and of candidates..rather give orgeron a shot

mrwallace2ku

Treehugger
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Heisman material and the ONLY reason your club hasn't lost more games this year.

I stick by what I have said all year...Terrific kid and QB who should head out and stake his claim in this year's NFL draft. He'll get sucked up in a heartbeat. 1st rounder for sure, despite his injury this year.:suds:

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

:L As much as it pains me to say this, I'm really looking forward to watching this kid play on Sundays, there thinking on this and not shutting him down for a few weeks to let him heal blows my mind. Sure he can get it now waiting on the Bowl, but that's a big risk to take him taken a serious shot to that knee could've hurt hime even more...

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another scenario where Ducks are in BCS.

As of now, Clemson is #13 in BCS. Need to be top 14 to qualify for BCS.

Even if N Illinois wins, they likely jump Clemson as they are only a spot behind them now.

So, if N Illinois and UCF both win conference titles, every BCS nerd that projects have these wins giving both teams enough to jump Clemson. Placing Clemson at 15 in final BCS Standings. Leaving them outside. Oregon could be 12-14 in final standings.

The only two teams that could possibly jump Clemson sit right behind them in BCS.

So if N Illinois loses, Ducks are a lock in Fiesta. N Illinois wins and UCF beats SMU. Likely Ducks are in Orange.

I think we are all going to be surprised when Oregon lands in a BCS. Not even deserving this year.... But there are the likely scenarios of Oregon getting bid #5 in a row.

With all that said, rumblings out of South Beach are that no matter the scenario, they are taking Bama vs Oregon matchup.

We shall see.

Ironbreaker

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,116.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
now heres something was there ever any interest from Peterson? is there any from franklin? will we see a similar statement from frankin in a few days? not blown away by and of candidates..rather give orgeron a shot

Any time a coaching job comes up Peterson is always on the list from what I've seen. He's never leaving though. Oregon and Cal were two places he said he would consider at one time, but he turned them both down since then.

I think if Franklin is offered the job he will jump all over it. Youngish coach making a name for himself with an offer from one of the premiere cfb jobs in the nation. Yeah. He'd take it imo.

I don't think we've heard all the names in the hat and wouldn't be surprised at all if someone is hired that no one saw coming.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At this point, I don't really care about a bump from the Kraft to LV bowl. Maybe everyone else in the program would because you always want the best bid possible, but it's not like the payout for PAC teams ends up any different. We were at the LV game last year. Plus SF would be great for recruiting.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any time a coaching job comes up Peterson is always on the list from what I've seen. He's never leaving though. Oregon and Cal were two places he said he would consider at one time, but he turned them both down since then.

I think if Franklin is offered the job he will jump all over it. Youngish coach making a name for himself with an offer from one of the premiere cfb jobs in the nation. Yeah. He'd take it imo.

I don't think we've heard all the names in the hat and wouldn't be surprised at all if someone is hired that no one saw coming.

Even if Vandy is part of the SEC, it would be a huge move upward for Franklin. I'm sure he would take the job if he gets the offer.

mrwallace2ku

Treehugger
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Based on what I saw Sat nite...Trojans need a top notch D and their next HC better be at the top of that game. UCLA ate up that T-D all nite long. Mobile QBs are hard to defend aint they?

Tinkle Pat H knows that and will hire with that side of the ball in mind first.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
UCLA just fired their tailbacks coach Steve Broussard.

Ironbreaker

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,116.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not to disrespect the ASU fans, but why does everyone think Stanford is gonna lay an egg in the CCG?
They have time and time again proven to show up for big games and they win, sure times they play down to the level of there opposing team, but they get the job done???

I don't know fella's even with ASU at home, I think Stanford goes in and wins a close game....

Don't know about everyone else. Mamba is picking ASU and ASU fans are as well, I think most people believe as you do.

I'll repost my thoughts since you quoted me;

Gonna be a new pac12 Champ I think.

It's @ ASU, Stanford has struggled on the road in conference games this season. They've already lost twice to the south on the road. It's difficult to win the rematch especially on the road. ASU is playing much better now then when they went to Stanford imo.

All that said I believe Stanford is the better team, but not by much and they have a lot of mojo to overcome in this one.

Sun Devils coming up Roses!

Stanford 30
ASU 41

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At this point, I don't really care about a bump from the Kraft to LV bowl. Maybe everyone else in the program would because you always want the best bid possible, but it's not like the payout for PAC teams ends up any different. We were at the LV game last year. Plus SF would be great for recruiting.

Personally I would like to see them head to the Kraft, Im just thinking ahead as to the comments from the Duck fans that sit in the peanut section , "Huskies are in the Purple Lube bowl," :L Smart ass jokes will be endless from them...

Status
Not open for further replies.