• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The PAC12 THREAD v.2

Status
Not open for further replies.

asu_08

HIGH OCTANE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not to disrespect the ASU fans, but why does everyone think Stanford is gonna lay an egg in the CCG?
They have time and time again proven to show up for big games and they win, sure times they play down to the level of there opposing team, but they get the job done???

I don't know fella's even with ASU at home, I think Stanford goes in and wins a close game....

I don't think anyone believes Stanford is going to lay an egg. We know what we are going to get from them. The question is how will ASU play. The worst football ASU played all year happened in the first half of the game @ Stanford. If ASU even plays half as bad as they played then they have no shot.

But ASU is a different team at home, and a different team that played Stanford in week 3. After the ND loss Graham switched around the starting D-line and the moves have proved to be very effective. Our starting free safety was also out the first 5 weeks of the season. The #2 corner played free safety against Stanford and the nickel back had to start at corner.

I was giving ASU about a 50% chance to win before last week. I'm slightly more confident now after seeing our #2 TE take some carries at RB and more than make up for the loss of Marion Grice in the redzone.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't know about everyone else. Mamba is picking ASU and ASU fans are as well, I think most people believe as you do.

I'll repost my thoughts since you quoted me;

No I read them Iron, and I just don't see Shaw losing this game, I think he doesn't get the credit as a head coach and I really think he game plans well , its gonna be a close game either way....

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tie for 1st and a 3 way tie for 3rd.

***WhiteMamba 53-35-2
**TrojanFan12 53-35-2
*WizardHawk 48-40-2
*4down20 48-40-2
VitaMike 48-40-2
OlyDuck 47-41-2
RegentDenali 47-41-2
***NotNeutral 46-37-2
*Wallace 46-37-2
*Native Webfoot 44-36-2
*Yeodonie 42-46-2
963BUSC 41-47-2
*DayMan 40-36-2
ArizonaSting 22-34-2
Doc Krieger 1-5
(No recent entries)
IronBreaker 10-20-1
UtahUte 7-6-1
GeneH 3-5-1

Tiebreaker should go to the poster who's team OD isn't a fan of!!:laugh3:

Ironbreaker

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,116.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No I read them Iron, and I just don't see Shaw losing this game, I think he doesn't get the credit as a head coach and I really think he game plans well , its gonna be a close game either way....

I really like Shaw and how he didn't miss a beat when Harbaugh left.

I don't really think they'll lay an egg even with my score prediction. I think it will be more about the improvement of ASU over the season and their drive. These kids and the coach are really hungry.

People are going to be saying damn ASU is looking like a title contender for next year.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Quick update on the USC Coaching search: Coach O has been told that he will not be the next Head Coach, but the school wants to retain him (my guess would be as Recruiting Coordinator/D-Line Coach). Chris Peterson from Boise has apparently removed his name from consideration. Jon Gruden appreciated being flirted with, but will return to the broadcast booth.

It appears that it's between Vandy's James Franklin and Steve Sarkisian from Washington who was apparently interviewed over the weekend. I also think that Del Rio is in the running still as well.

An announcement is expected this week. I believe that the decision has already been made and it's just a matter of getting all of the i's dotted and the t's crossed before an announcement is made.

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont think Stanford will lay an egg.

I just think ASU will make it appear so.

They are just playing the best right now. THey are playing and look like a top 5 National CFB team right now.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^^^ Keep in mind, all teams get a bump up in Bowl pairings if N. Illinois gets beat by Bowling Green.

Highly likely Oregon gets Fiesta invite if Bowling Green wins.

So... alllllll together now......

#GOOOO DUCKS!!!!

Damn, I hate when OD hacks Mamba's account!!:lol:

WhiteMamba

Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We represented far better as a group than any of us could have expected.

Hell of a year.

1 game left for tiebreaker purposes.

I will put something together for PAC title game.

WhiteMamba

Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
PAC CCG pickem

Stanford @ Arizona State - 3 1/2

Pick Score.

In doing so you are also picking the over/under which is part of pickem.

O/U 56 1/2

team with most......

- Most Total Yards

- Most Sacks

- Most INTs

The yearly pickem standing will only reflect the game. Not the bonus picks.

If it still is a tie for the 5 posters contending for 1st..... Comes down to this games total points tie breaker.

Good Luck....

Ironbreaker

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,116.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Steve Sarkisian from Washington who was apparently interviewed over the weekend.

Noooooo. say it aint so!

Regent posted earlier from a radio interview that Sark said he wasn't interviewed, but was contacted and talked about it. Not sure what the difference is. But umm yeah... :gaah:

SUBuddha

Stanford Nerd
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 84,965.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The issues for Stanford on the road have been Hogan and defensive adjustments in the first half.

Hogan has been erratic, at best, on the road. His road QBR is half of what it is at home.

Defensively, in both of the losses this year, Stanford has fallen behind early, due to teams going completely against the tendencies they have shown on film. It takes about the first quarter or so for Mason to make adjustments. That said, Stanford has made the adjustments and clamped down in the second half, with the exception of bizarre events against Oregon, the rule has been broken only by ASU. However, part of the ASU comeback was Shaw taking out starters in the 3rd, then reinserting them after they had cooled off.

For ASU the opening line of 3.5 is telling us more about where people want the money put. That indicates the odds makers give them a .5 advantage on a neutral site. I think that is just plain wrong. They should be favored by more given their home record and Stanford's road record. The loss of Grice, statistically costs ASU about 2.3 points a game. But even a 6 point line is too small in my opinion.

I think overall ASU is a better team now than they were at the start of the year, the run defense has stepped up, and that is important against Stanford. Kelly is slinging it, and with Stanford having trouble in single coverage (especially Lyons). That could be an issue.

My guess is Shaw will stick with the body blow theory with Gaffney up the middle repeatedly. With a few quick throws deep to test the waters. The key will be Stanford getting to Kelly early and often. Last week Stanford blitzed very few times, and I think that was for a reason. Expect Mason to throw some things at ASU they have not seen on film.

My guess is the final score will be close and not very high. I am going with Stanford 31- ASU 24.

It could easily though be a 14 point ASU win if Hogan cannot keep his head straight though.:gaah:

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is how Schlabach and Edwards at ESPN have it.

Shlabach

Rose: ASU vs Michigan State

Alamo: Oregon vs Oklahoma

Holiday: Stanford vs Texas Tech

Sun: UCLA vs Duke

Vegas: USC vs Fresno

Kraft: Washington vs BYU

New Mexico: Arizona vs San Jose

Poinsettia: Oregon State vs Utah State

AdvoCare: WSU vs North Carolina

Edwards

Rose: ASU vs Michigan State

Alamo: Oregon vs Oklahoma

Holiday: Stanford vs Kansas State

Sun: UCLA vs Duke

Vegas: USC vs Fresno

Kraft: Washington vs BYU

New Mexico: Arizona vs Colorado State

Heart of Dallas: Oregon State vs North Texas

He has WSU not getting invite.:lame:

Poinsettia has back up contract to take MAC if one of its contracted cant fill

Ironbreaker

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,116.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
More bowl notes, hook'em has stated that the B12 isn't going to fill all of their tie ins so the pac shouldn't have anything to worry about at all concerning WSU and the Beavers.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Pick Score.

O/U 56 1/2

team with most......

- Most Total Yards

- Most Sacks

- Most INTs

If it still is a tie for the 5 posters contending for 1st..... Comes down to this games total points tie breaker.

Good Luck....

I'm confused.

BeaverShaver

Blocked, Ignored, and Hated in equal parts (12)
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tough not to "nut swing" on one of the Nation best passers, if not the best one. Yeah he accounted for alot of bad throws and INTs but thats the way the ball bounces when the rest of the offense accounts for zip. Imagine what would have happened IF Mannion had blockers who could fuckin block when blitzed. #4 would have ate up even the best secondarys they faced even more. Imagine IF Mannion had a running game that average 240 yards a game like in the Civil. You want to point fingers at 1 guy but not the other 10 or even at the defense which fuckin blew ALL year. How bout pointing your wavey gravey finger at some one else other than #4 as you "nut swing" on out going Cody Vaz.

Thank god Mannion played in that Civil THIS year, an instant "classic" from this Beaver fans eyes. He did his job and ya can hang the "L" on someone elses lack there of.

In this point, I agree with you Wallace. I know I have talked a lot of trash about Mannion, but all of your points are correct. Mannion's inability to check down related directly to his confidence in nobody but Cooks, his lack of protection, and the mentality that he has to do things himself. He has a great arm and a bright future.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
More bowl notes, hook'em has stated that the B12 isn't going to fill all of their tie ins so the pac shouldn't have anything to worry about at all concerning WSU and the Beavers.

True and not true

True they will not fill all their spots. they have 6 eligible teams and 7 spots. However their last spot is the New Era Pin Stripe bowl against the American. This bowl is played in New York. In the event that the Big 12 does not fill its spot Notre Dame will get an invite. Even if ND opts for a different bowl, it is more likely that 1 of the 11 ACC teams gets the invite here over a 6-6 Pac school.

BeaverShaver

Blocked, Ignored, and Hated in equal parts (12)
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any time a coaching job comes up Peterson is always on the list from what I've seen. He's never leaving though. Oregon and Cal were two places he said he would consider at one time, but he turned them both down since then.

I think if Franklin is offered the job he will jump all over it. Youngish coach making a name for himself with an offer from one of the premiere cfb jobs in the nation. Yeah. He'd take it imo.

I don't think we've heard all the names in the hat and wouldn't be surprised at all if someone is hired that no one saw coming.

Got a source on that? I don't remember him being offered either job. I know he was not offered Oregon, in fact not even interviewed. Not sure about Cal.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,000.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Pick Score.

O/U 56 1/2

team with most......

- Most Total Yards

- Most Sacks

- Most INTs

Good Luck....
Unless I missed something the yearly pick'em came down to Mamba and TF12 tied for first and 3 of us tied for a distant 3rd. The tie breaker should just be you two, but I have no problem adding my picks for the CCG for shits and giggles or to break the tie between 3-5 if that's what you meant.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

However, if 2 Big 12 teams get a BCS bid, and that is possible, then the eligible teams move up and that opens up the Meineke Car Care Bowl of Texas.

Status
Not open for further replies.