• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

THE PAC 12 THREAD v.5

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's true. look at the conference.

The image across the country is that too, without Oregon and USC atop the conference the PAC looks weak.
I didn't say any of that was wrong, I said you keep whatever conversation with yourself you need if it eases the pain. You are clearly still on one of your delusions about this being just a bump in the road and the ducks will be in the natty next year again trips.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Remember there is no football outside of the mecca of the sport, Eugene. When the ducks are down the interwebz should stop and all sports chat be banned. Didn't you get the memo? :noidea:

Um that's not true, they have a pretty good women's softball team! :thumb:

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's true. look at the conference.

The image across the country is that too, without Oregon and USC atop the conference the PAC looks weak.

He's actually correct, talking heads on ESPN/TMZ talked about it last night, well minus Galloway, he believes a 1 lose UW still makes the playoffs...

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe to clueless millennials.
No bud, east coast bias. No one past the Rockies has seen a UW game this year, and they look at the standings and see Oregon and USC where they are at and immediately assume the conference is down.

When you are constantly in the national title conversation for about 9 years there is an image you portray to the rest of the country.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Washington is good, but they wont get any respect outside the PAC.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who really cares what the image of the Pac is? And why should we apologize or care that other programs in the Pac aren't able to put up a better fight this year. Only thing I give any shits to is how our team plays. Fuck the rest of the conference.

Of course UW could still lose a game. I've literally said that the whole year. I'd put their chances of running the table at 20% maybe. Particularly if WSU keeps improving the way they have lately, but I wouldn't rule out USC or Utah getting a win.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No bud, east coast bias. No one past the Rockies has seen a UW game this year, and they look at the standings and see Oregon and USC where they are at and immediately assume the conference is down.

When you are constantly in the national title conversation for about 9 years there is an image you portray to the rest of the country.
Jesus man. Your team got blown out and are having the worst year they have seen in more than 20 years. Get over it. Why should anyone care what people on the east coast think about the conference?

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who really cares what the image of the Pac is? And why should we apologize or care that other programs in the Pac aren't able to put up a better fight this year. Only thing I give any shits to is how our team plays. Fuck the rest of the conference.

Of course UW could still lose a game. I've literally said that the whole year. I'd put their chances of running the table at 20% maybe. Particularly if WSU keeps improving the way they have lately, but I wouldn't rule out USC or Utah getting a win.

Um you should care, this severely hurts washingtons chances of getting into the CFP.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jesus man. Your team got blown out and are having the worst year they have seen in more than 20 years. Get over it. Why should anyone care what people on the east coast think about the conference?
I know you haven't been in this situation in almost 20 years, but let me help you out. IF the rest of the country, particularly the Committee, feels the PAC is weak and Washington's good record season was a product of a down conference, it can hurt the huskies chances of getting into the CFP.

A 1 loss UW team could have a very difficult time getting in over other 1 loss teams out there if the conference is perceived weak.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Um you should care, this severely hurts washingtons chances of getting into the CFP.
I don't give a flying fuck. I won't sit here and obsess over that stuff. I really don't care if Oregon falling off the face of the earth impacts that AT ALL. Not one single bit.

IF UW loses a game they haven't earned a right to be a final 4 team. Those that still get in with one loss, good on them. Let them enjoy it. Just go win every game in front of you and it all works out.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know you haven't been in this situation in almost 20 years, but let me help you out. IF the rest of the country, particularly the Committee, feels the PAC is weak and Washington's good record season was a product of a down conference, it can hurt the huskies chances of getting into the CFP.

A 1 loss UW team could have a very difficult time getting in over other 1 loss teams out there if the conference is perceived weak.
Let me say this so you get it this time.

I DON'T GIVE A FUCK

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Washington is good, but they wont get any respect outside the PAC.
e9263419e3.jpg

e928666524.jpg

e92ab574cc.jpg

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't give a flying fuck. I won't sit here and obsess over that stuff. I really don't care if Oregon falling off the face of the earth impacts that AT ALL. Not one single bit.

IF UW loses a game they haven't earned a right to be a final 4 team. Those that still get in with one loss, good on them. Let them enjoy it. Just go win every game in front of you and it all works out.

Are you prefacing an upcoming loss to try and make it sound like it is OK and was expected?

You should care how the conference is perceived or how it is doing because your season is impacted by it....I am confused, do you not want or expect at this point in the season to be in the CFP? Jesus you're #5 and undefeated with not many tough games left.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He doesn't care?

:L Oh boy, they really have been in the cellar for a long long time. It's OK bro, good chance the Huskies end up knocking on the door of the CFB, embrace it, enjoy it. Live a little and have some faith in your team.

I would be top 5 watching real hard right now pulling for everyone to lose so my team could jump up and secure at least a top 4 spot.

I would be saying, I DONT CARE IF WE LOSE OR DONT GET INTO THE CFP.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Someone ask a Boise State fan how it is trying to get into the big game with a perceived weak conference.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Most fans don't sit around obsessing over that stuff. Only 4 teams get to play for the title. Maybe UW runs the table and gets an invite, maybe they don't. It's a flawed system they have. Arguing and bitching over it won't change a thing.

OD actually wants UW's stock to go down so we win out and don't make it in and why wouldn't he want it that way? I wouldn't want Oregon to get in either. That's rivalry.

I would NEVER root for another team in the pac to win a game just because of what some dipshit in NY might think about us. That's not how this works for normal people.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Most fans don't sit around obsessing over that stuff. Only 4 teams get to play for the title. Maybe UW runs the table and gets an invite, maybe they don't. It's a flawed system they have. Arguing and bitching over it won't change a thing.

OD actually wants UW's stock to go down so we win out and don't make it in and why wouldn't he want it that way? I wouldn't want Oregon to get in either. That's rivalry.

I would NEVER root for another team in the pac to win a game just because of what some dipshit in NY might think about us. That's not how this works for normal people.
I am just mind boggled that you seem to not care if UW gets snubbed.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you prefacing an upcoming loss to try and make it sound like it is OK and was expected?

You should care how the conference is perceived or how it is doing because your season is impacted by it....I am confused, do you not want or expect at this point in the season to be in the CFP? Jesus you're #5 and undefeated with not many tough games left.
I'm not a blind ignorant fuck like you are.

Only 7 times in the last 37 seasons has any team ran the table in the Pac. That's a fact. Oregon did it exactly once. Even Carroll's team only did it twice and one was later vacated. It just doesn't happen. That's the rule.

I understand college football. I've been sitting in Husky stadium watching it since your parents were probably still in diapers. You don't run the table in the Pac. That's reality.

This is also a young team. There is 1 senior starter on offense and 3 on defense. They have never played with a target on their back when the spotlight is shining on them. They are still learning how to play top flight football on the road as well. They have a lot of growing to do to reach the very elite level. That's reality.