• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

THE PAC 12 THREAD v.5

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am just mind boggled that you seem to not care if UW gets snubbed.
Because there's nothing I can do about it. Not everyone sits around obsessing over this shit like you do. In fact you are the only ducks fan I have ever met that does.

In '84 a one loss UW was passed up for the national title (came in 2nd) over a no loss BYU team that didn't play against a single ranked opponent their entire season. And we all know they got jobbed in '91 with the clear title they earned. Both of those had direct impact on the creation of the BCS. It takes people getting screwed to fix things. That's how this works.

963BUSC

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's actually correct, talking heads on ESPN/TMZ talked about it last night, well minus Galloway, he believes a 1 lose UW still makes the playoffs...

I believe a 1 loss UW would make the playoff over a 1-Loss Big 12 champion and a non-conference champion from any other P5 conference (except maybe Alabama but they'll win the SEC anyway).

1- B10 Champ
2-SEC Champ
3- ACC Champ

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Someone ask a Boise State fan how it is trying to get into the big game with a perceived weak conference.
Admit you are only obsessing over this because of how bad your team is doing. It's a consolation prize that you believe UW will get screwed out of a playoff bid. I refuse to worry about it. Win out and they are in. Period. And yet I don't have much faith they will do that. One loss means they didn't earn it. So why on earth would I feel that's a snub? :L

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe a 1 loss UW would make the playoff over a 1-Loss Big 12 champion and a non-conference champion from any other P5 conference (except maybe Alabama but they'll win the SEC anyway).

1- B10 Champ
2-SEC Champ
3- ACC Champ

Well if they do drop 1 I hope you are correct, would love to see them get a shot....

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
UW won't make the playoffs, the last image the committee will have of them in 2016 is getting beat in Pullman.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He didn't beat anyone up for beer. One of his buddies did and he didn't stop it. It's another one of the stories blown up by the media that will get egg on everyone's faces. How the front door does someone get jumped by 4 guys and go to the hospital with concussion like symptoms. He will get probation at the most and ready to come back for Colorado.

Barbers expulsion hearing is the bigger story.

TheDayMan

Day Butt Ass the sadgaydayboy
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No bud, east coast bias. No one past the Rockies has seen a UW game this year, and they look at the standings and see Oregon and USC where they are at and immediately assume the conference is down.

When you are constantly in the national title conversation for about 9 years there is an image you portray to the rest of the country.
Don't care, as long as they keep voting for us. :thumb:

And there's plenty of West coast folks on the committee. In fact, there's one who owes this program big time. I've said since it first started to come up that UW needs to go undefeated to get in the playoff, so you're not offering anything new here...

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not to come off as a homer, but Washington is kicking ass in recruiting. The Huskies will be landing two 5* recruits for the class of '18. That would be Jacob Sirmon (QB) and Jaiden Woodbey (Safety). If Washington lands Elijah Molden this year it means they will have pulled the two best recruits in the state of Oregon.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't care, as long as they keep voting for us. :thumb:

And there's plenty of West coast folks on the committee. In fact, there's one who owes this program big time. I've said since it first started to come up that UW needs to go undefeated to get in the playoff, so you're not offering anything new here...
This is OD we are talking about here. He's only bringing this up to insult us and I don't think he is happy that it isn't working. Sure the conference is down. Hell, didn't we predict it before the season started? :noidea: There were only 4 teams that had a returning starting QB and two of them were on not so good teams. This was going to be a massive youth movement year and literally everyone knew that.

And it doesn't take one thing away from what's going on here. He's trying like mad to connect these dots suggesting everyone else will be back next year and magically UW will fall back down. I mean his team is a grade A dumpster fire right now, but somehow UW's rise will fall and his team will take over at the same time.

UW's defense will be a question next year for sure. Half that unit will be graduating or coming out early. But that offense will stay largely intact outside of Ross and Pettis, which are not trivial, but come on. UW will have FAR less things to work on next year than any other team in the North based of returning players.

TheDayMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not to come off as a homer, but Washington is kicking ass in recruiting. The Huskies will be landing two 5* recruits for the class of '18. That would be Jacob Sirmon (QB) and Jaiden Woodbey (Safety). If Washington lands Elijah Molden this year it means they will have pulled the two best recruits in the state of Oregon.
Hell yeah, we own northwest recruiting again. Love it.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Although I'm not that optimistic, getting Sarell from Kapowsin would make this next class a blow out. UW is his #2 right now behind Stanford, but who knows. Keep him home.

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Although I'm not that optimistic, getting Sarell from Kapowsin would make this next class a blow out. UW is his #2 right now behind Stanford, but who knows. Keep him home.
Sarrell would be a great get although is footwork isn't all that great imo but that can be easily fixed. If they don't land him I'd like to see them land 4* OT Henry Bainivalu from Skyline. I think he's actually better than Sarrell and he has the size to be an NFL shoe in at OT.

TheDayMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is OD we are talking about here. He's only bringing this up to insult us and I don't think he is happy that it isn't working. Sure the conference is down. Hell, didn't we predict it before the season started? :noidea: There were only 4 teams that had a returning starting QB and two of them were on not so good teams. This was going to be a massive youth movement year and literally everyone knew that.

And it doesn't take one thing away from what's going on here. He's trying like mad to connect these dots suggesting everyone else will be back next year and magically UW will fall back down. I mean his team is a grade A dumpster fire right now, but somehow UW's rise will fall and his team will take over at the same time.

UW's defense will be a question next year for sure. Half that unit will be graduating or coming out early. But that offense will stay largely intact outside of Ross and Pettis, which are not trivial, but come on. UW will have FAR less things to work on next year than any other team in the North based of returning players.
He's not quite as dumb as he acts. He knows there's some potential for UW to do something great, and he's just trying to lay some groundwork for excuses. It's hilarious that he has to fall back on "well, my team's terrible, that's why yours isn't."

The thought that the conference somehow needs oregon to be on top to get respect is laughable, seemed to work out okay for everyone the 100 years before oregon did anything. And even now, I'm sure they've really commanded everyone's respect falling on their asses when they've got a chance to win a national title...

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sarrell would be a great get although is footwork isn't all that great imo but that can be easily fixed. If they don't land him I'd like to see them land 4* OT Henry Bainivalu from Skyline. I think he's actually better than Sarrell and he has the size to be an NFL shoe in at OT.
I've watched Sarrell play when my daughters team beat them earlier this year. He's a beast, but raw to some extent. Plays both ways. Actually like him on the D line, but he's going to stay offense for sure. He'll just end up a guard if he can't get his technique down, but he's going to be solid either way.