• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

THE PAC 12 THREAD v.5

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really the only way UW is in the playoffs AND ASU is going to the RB would be for ASU to win the CCG against an undefeated UW team and the committee to still take UW anyway and I'm not really buying that scenario.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Weather in Corvallis this weekend is going to be wild and windy wet...Beaver weather.
You aren't getting the worst of that one wally. They are warning us up here that the super typhoon in the pacific could hit us directly and literally tear the city up. We are all gearing up for a wet and wild weekend. Expect mass power outages and lots of damage.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't worry about the UW projections, we got the Rose Bowl. Pray for the Holiday Bowl (or whatever number 2 is)

And Wiz go up 410 about 4 miles, beats Bonney Lake anyday.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
your stealing my mojo...
:alvarez:
If it tracks more north it will do most of it's damage to Canada (because even god hates the canucks) which then just makes it a normal wind storm for us and probably nothing more than a little rain for you. So pray the canadians get this one.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't worry about the UW projections, we got the Rose Bowl. Pray for the Holiday Bowl (or whatever number 2 is)

And Wiz go up 410 about 4 miles, beats Bonney Lake anyday.
I'm not worried about any projections, just like I told OD earlier. I just didn't find USA today's very viable. If UW ends up playing in the bowl against Bama it would be more likely to me that WSU ends up going roses and wouldn't that be a real kick? Both Washington schools representing the conf in the two biggest games?

You have a thing for Buckley do you? :noidea: I don't live in Bonney Lake, we are closer to Buckley as it is. Unincorporated Pierce county.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
  1. The Rose Bowl Game has sole discretion on a replacement team (talking about if PAC12, Big10, or boths champs are selected to the playoff) , and will generally select the highest‐rated available team, but will take into consideration final College Football Playoff rankings, head‐to‐head competition, division champions and most recent Rose Bowl Game appearances.
Its still very early to be talking about bowl games, but given that were about halfway through the season, we're getting a better sense of who will potentially be going to games, and who won't.

That bowl projection of ASU Michigan Rose is not some terrible call as they projecting at this time, that ASU would be the south champs. As for the Cougs, ASU, and Washington, plenty more foot ball left to play.

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can only imagine what Washington's recruiting will be like after the Dawgs win the natty this season.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can only imagine what Washington's recruiting will be like after the Dawgs win the natty this season.

A Rose bowl appearance or playoff birth would do the trick. Petersen and co have already built a great looking team, but no doubt it could trigger some late leans to UW by those waiting till Jan to announce of some late flips approaching LOI. We're about 5 to 6 left for recruits to fill the class and we need at least 2 for the Oline. Thats where we could really benefit from this all. The quality beef needed in the trenches that's always at a premium.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No one was suggesting anything is set in stone. I've said clearly I don't expect UW to run the table so it's all moot, but the RB committee being able to arbitrarily pick whoever they want does leave that more viable. CBS has Stanford going. I'd be pissed if I was the cougs and their only conf loss was to a team that went to the playoffs and they were left to the Alamo bowl or something. Sure, it would be their own fault for losing both of those early games, but it would still be shitty for them.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not worried about any projections, just like I told OD earlier. I just didn't find USA today's very viable. If UW ends up playing in the bowl against Bama it would be more likely to me that WSU ends up going roses and wouldn't that be a real kick? Both Washington schools representing the conf in the two biggest games?

You have a thing for Buckley do you? :noidea: I don't live in Bonney Lake, we are closer to Buckley as it is. Unincorporated Pierce county.

Both schools going would be great for the state, especially us as we need anything positive to help recruits now as there is nothing but negativity surrounded the school.

And yes, the log show is the closest thing to the Rose Bowl on the west coast.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Huskies only 2018 commit so far is a big one. Jacob Sirmon whose currently one of the top5 rated QBs in the nation. He wants to be a Dawg, but all the big boys will still be pressing to flip him till his LOI. A RB or playoff appearance won't hurt our stock in keeping him.
2018 is going to be a monster sized class for the Dawgs. About 22-25 commits. Perfect timing to put all the new mojo to work.

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A Rose bowl appearance or playoff birth would do the trick. Petersen and co have already built a great looking team, but no doubt it could trigger some late leans to UW by those waiting till Jan to announce of some late flips approaching LOI. We're about 5 to 6 left for recruits to fill the class and we need at least 2 for the Oline. Thats where we could really benefit from this all. The quality beef needed in the trenches that's always at a premium.
This ^^ ... UW needs to OL for this class.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok, I guess you wanted to top the last dumb thing you said and you managed to do so.

Never underestimate OD.

Petersen picked us. HIS AGENT CALLED US AND ASKED FOR A MEETING.

Hopefully, this will put an end to the "USC could have had Petersen" bullshit that I've heard on talk radio around here.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Never underestimate OD.

Hopefully, this will put an end to the "USC could have had Petersen" bullshit that I've heard on talk radio around here.
He's his own dude for sure. Knows what he wants and does it his way.