• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

THE PAC 12 THREAD v.5

TheDayMan

Day Butt Ass the sadgaydayboy
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wrong week Dayman, he's gonna make up for some lost time vs the Domers!

Bank it!
Is he playing? Last I saw he was questionable.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So they figure dawgs take out cougs and ASU with more losses makes the CCG, but despite losing that get the Rose over the cougs. Does the RB take the #2 overall, or automatically the loser of the CCG if the champion of that game goes to the playoffs?
Often times with Bowl selection, especially with divisions, #2 doesn't mean the #2 team but rather the bowl gets the #2 selection of bowl eligible teams (there are also often certain criteria here as to which teams can actually be taken) So if the Rose wanted the next best team from the same division as the champion they can take that team. Unless there are other stipulations I cant find that say must take the runner up or champion of other division. but I cant imagine it does for the reasons of one side may be that much better, like 2012 Stanford and Oregon 12 wins UCLA 9

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, round these parts the ducks own the term 'natty' and it didn't work out so well for them. Also 'natty on a platter' is right out.
Ive never used either

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im not sure Olympia is going to be seeing hugely drastic weather. so far I have seen wind advisory for like 20-25 mph with gusts reaching up to 60. but Ive seen 3 day forecasts that also don't say that high. so I don't know what to expect.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is he playing? Last I saw he was questionable.
I gotta think he'll play if he's even close to 80% ready to go.

We may know for sure tomorrow.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im not sure Olympia is going to be seeing hugely drastic weather. so far I have seen wind advisory for like 20-25 mph with gusts reaching up to 60. but Ive seen 3 day forecasts that also don't say that high. so I don't know what to expect.
We are preparing like both storms are going to be worst case. That's all you can really do. I've got all of my properties turning off and unplugging all non essential equipment before both storms are scheduled to hit. Better safe than sorry.

Often times with Bowl selection, especially with divisions, #2 doesn't mean the #2 team but rather the bowl gets the #2 selection of bowl eligible teams (there are also often certain criteria here as to which teams can actually be taken) So if the Rose wanted the next best team from the same division as the champion they can take that team. Unless there are other stipulations I cant find that say must take the runner up or champion of other division. but I cant imagine it does for the reasons of one side may be that much better, like 2012 Stanford and Oregon 12 wins UCLA 9

So in the scenario that I put up, which would you take: a 3 loss (at the very least) ASU having lost to UW TWICE, or a WSU team with 3 total losses, but only one in conference? Because that's what the USA Today thing is suggesting at this point. UW can't be in the playoffs and ASU in the RB with them losing to UW twice and WSU would have to have lost the AC.

I mean they could be dismissing the cougs and figuring they will lose more than just the AC. I still wonder how bad losing to the same team twice, highly ranked or not, late in the season damages the value of ASU in such a pick.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We are preparing like both storms are going to be worst case. That's all you can really do. I've got all of my properties turning off and unplugging all non essential equipment before both storms are scheduled to hit. Better safe than sorry.

So in the scenario that I put up, which would you take: a 3 loss (at the very least) ASU having lost to UW TWICE, or a WSU team with 3 total losses, but only one in conference? Because that's what the USA Today thing is suggesting at this point. UW can't be in the playoffs and ASU in the RB with them losing to UW twice and WSU would have to have lost the AC.

I mean they could be dismissing the cougs and figuring they will lose more than just the AC. I still wonder how bad losing to the same team twice, highly ranked or not, late in the season damages the value of ASU in such a pick.
The other thing is selection may go based on next highest ranked team in the league. there may also be a certain # of wins criteria.
WSU and ASU don't play this year either so no head to head to go off. Maybe they think ASU would bring more fans due to time since last Rose WSU 2003 ASU 1997 and proximity

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Could aslo be based on next best conference record and WSU at 8-1 would be better than ASU 7-3

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Could aslo be based on next best conference record and WSU at 8-1 would be better than ASU 7-3
Yeah, just impossible to know whether late season losses hurt more than losing to FCS teams early.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Little early to be "crowning" the Cougs just yet!

They travel to ASU and Colorado, home games against UCLA, OSU and Cal.......

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don't see them being the underdog in any of those games. Not to say they won't drop one or two, but they should be favored from here on out.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

My bad I missed that they do play head to head so maybe that could be a determining factor

Not Neutral

Cross Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ASU is going to be like an 8-4ish team. Worrying about their Rose Bowl chances seems a bit premature. If we have any more quarterback problems, we could be a lot worse. We're on our 4th string QB right now if Wilkins can't play. I don't know who the 5th string is. The only other one on the roster is a 5'10" freshman walk on. I think Coltin Gerhart is still around, but I think he's focused on baseball. Not even sure if he's on the team and even if he is, he was practicing at safety the last few years.
Worrying about Rose Bowl chances seems a bit mature? How about ridiculous. The only thing that even allows such discussion is that the PAC is so bad top to bottom that predicting the outcome is not possible. Eight wins for ASU would be miracle, under the circumstances possible, but unlikely. Proud of what they have done with what they have, but lets not get carried away. UW for example is in the talk for a final four birth but has yet to play a winning team. The rest of the season is devoted to finding out who is the worst of the worst.

Not Neutral

Cross Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My bad I missed that they do play head to head so maybe that could be a determining factor
Actually, things are looking good for WSU and I'm hoping they can hold up for a showdown in the AC. Leach against Petersen. Wouldn't that frost some Huskie gonads?

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Hope you guys don't get hit too bad and stay safe. Hate both of your fucking teams and hope my Trojans pull it together and whip both of your teams asses.

If it happens, I want you both around to witness it. :lol:

Not Neutral

Cross Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's all good Oly, I'm just not buying into the Cougs, I just think they collapse down the stretch...
You HOPE they'll collapse down the stretch. Looking forward to Leach v Petersen in the AC, winner take all.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's all good Oly, I'm just not buying into the Cougs, I just think they collapse down the stretch...
Doesn't that happen to the forks pretty much every year as well though? :noidea:

I have zero feel for who comes out of the south this year.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually, things are looking good for WSU and I'm hoping they can hold up for a showdown in the AC. Leach against Petersen. Wouldn't that frost some Huskie gonads?
Why would an apple cup with everything on the line frost anything for us? Do you not enjoy tough games against good teams? I'd love for WSU to go undefeated through to that point and UW with them. That would be epic. Who wouldn't enjoy that match up? You really have an odd sense of this conference don't you?

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I truly want Rosen to play and somehow UCLA scores first just to see if Leach really will put his money where his mouth is an run the ball. We haven't trailed in any game since he's "committed" to adapting the Butt Pirate Raid so it will be interesting to see.

And I still haven't heard anything about Barbers appeal hearing and if the expulsion stays our defense is toast. Hercules is a freaking stud but he is a very small DT and needs a big guy to take up blocks.