• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

THE PAC 12 THREAD v.5

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I understand the disdain for rivals. But this is where we differ. Growing up a trojans fan i was taught V is for victory. Success is measured in championships. And even if SC is not playing for a National championship. The PAC championship and the Rose Bowl are a tradition filled honor.A UCLA loss to Utah is not a USC victory.It is a moral victory for our rival and a loss for USC. Because it has a damaging effect to USC's opportunity to play for a championship.This team has worked hard to turn the corner after a horrendous start in hopes to play for a championship. If they can make the CCG or Rose bowl. A UCLA win over Utah and or Colorado is a USC victory.

And thats not factoring in several other aspects of college football. Such as Bowls the higher the Bowl the more exposure SC receives for recruiting. And there is a major differential in a Rose Bowl payout as opposed to a lesser bowl game. While we hate our rivals. When we are not playing our rivals directly. The bigger picture changes the dynamics. This season is a good example. If UCLA defeats Utah and Colorado. And Sec wins the PAC South,PAC or gets a Rose Bowl bid. That is a USC victory.

College Bowl Game Payouts
Spot on and well said. I don't know why, but some poster named 'DayMan' gave that post a rainbow when everything you posted makes 100% sense.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ya, it was pretty funny. Pretty douchey response from Mors too, ya 2 years in a row they don't know which side is theirs, it's not like they pay staff members to set their sidelines up or anything. "If you want to look tough, don't wear powder blue"
I missed that before the game. I cant remember UCLA doing that vs SC but I could be wrong

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ive always been a wise ass. And I've never considered the ducks a rival.However I cant see the logic in preferring to see a rival lose.Over having a rival win when it benefits USC in the standings.The goal at the beginning of every season is championships.I prefer to keep the rivalries to games played between the rivals and championships. Which means whats best for USC. A UCLA loss vs Utah is not a win for USC.
You and 99.9% of college football fans including myself also see it that way.

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thats why the PAC is so unique, you can't stay on top for long another program is going to rise up, obviously much more in the PAC than the other 4.
This ^^ ... although I'd say a program like USC has a distinct advantage in recruiting with all the talent that surrounds that school.

I never thought UW would hit rock bottom and be replaced by Oregon but low and behold it happened. It put a dent in my ego the size of the Grand Canyon. It totally sucked seeing Oregon win year after year while Washington made one bad coaching hire after another.

963BUSC

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This ^^ ... although I'd say a program like USC has a distinct advantage in recruiting with all the talent that surrounds that school.

I never thought UW would hit rock bottom and be replaced by Oregon but low and behold it happened. It put a dent in my ego the size of the Grand Canyon. It totally sucked seeing Oregon win year after year while Washington made one bad coaching hire after another.

That's why looking at Pittsburg and Minnesota scare me. Both were huge and awesome programs at one time, talking to Pittsburg fans their entire demise was brought about by one coach, but I digress.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Spot on and well said. I don't know why, but some poster named 'DayMan' gave your post a rainbow when everything you posted makes 100% sense.
Thats normal I don't care about that. I prefer to keep it to a college football perspective. I agree with vitamike the Rose Bowl holds a lot a special place for me as a fan of the Trojans and the PAC.There is a lot of tradition and meaning in the Rose Bowl. And if you click the link that shows the bowl pay outs that also makes it a bug deal. Theres a huge financial differential between the Rose Bowl and other Bowl bids. As well as recruiting implications playing on the bigger stage in the spot light. But thats not going to be an easy path.

Utah has a one game lead on SC with the tie breaker and a remaining schedule of
At UCLA
Washington
At Arizona State
Oregon
At Colorado

Colorado has a one game lead but USC has the tie breaker with a remaining schedule of
At Stanford
UCLA
At Arizona
Washington State
Utah

While USC still has a remaining schedule of
Cal
Oregon
At Washington
At UCLA
Notre Dame

Factor in a three team tie being determined by over all schedule. Which USC is at the disadvantage. And Washington State still undefeated in conference play. Meaning SC needs a conference championship. If they want any chance at the Rose.UCLA beating Utah,and Colorado is vital to USC gaining the opportunity to play for the PAC championship.And the opportunity to to play in the Rose or a higher paying Bowl. Since bowl games are directly related to conference ties and conference rankings. When breaking everything down to the bigger picture and what is best for USC. Aside from when USC plays USC and ND. The dynamics of the rivalries changes. Its a bigger victory for USC if UCLA wins the games against teams that effect USC in the standings.And a bigger loss for USC if UCLA loses those games

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's why looking at Pittsburg and Minnesota scare me. Both were huge and awesome programs at one time, talking to Pittsburg fans their entire demise was brought about by one coach, but I digress.
Thats why I wasn't sold on the quick hiring of Helton. I know the players loved him. And they did perform better. But I would have like to see SC at least see what other options were available.It may have been a stretch.But lets not forget Herman is a Cali guy. And he does get the most out of his players. Something SC has been lacking for quite a while.

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It only takes one bad coaching hire to set a program back years. Washington made several bad coaching hires after Don James retired.

TheDayMan

Day Butt Ass the sadgaydayboy
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What part of his post do you disagree with.
I dont know, which one? One of the many in which he echoed your bullshit, or another one?

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thats normal I don't care about that. I prefer to keep it to a college football perspective. I agree with vitamike the Rose Bowl holds a lot a special place for me as a fan of the Trojans and the PAC.There is a lot of tradition and meaning in the Rose Bowl. And if you click the link that shows the bowl pay outs that also makes it a bug deal. Theres a huge financial differential between the Rose Bowl and other Bowl bids. As well as recruiting implications playing on the bigger stage in the spot light. But thats not going to be an easy path.

Utah has a one game lead on SC with the tie breaker and a remaining schedule of
At UCLA
Washington
At Arizona State
Oregon
At Colorado

Colorado has a one game lead but USC has the tie breaker with a remaining schedule of
At Stanford
UCLA
At Arizona
Washington State
Utah

While USC still has a remaining schedule of
Cal
Oregon
At Washington
At UCLA
Notre Dame

Factor in a three team tie being determined by over all schedule. Which USC is at the disadvantage. And Washington State still undefeated in conference play. Meaning SC needs a conference championship. If they want any chance at the Rose.UCLA beating Utah,and Colorado is vital to USC gaining the opportunity to play for the PAC championship.And the opportunity to to play in the Rose or a higher paying Bowl. Since bowl games are directly related to conference ties and conference rankings. When breaking everything down to the bigger picture and what is best for USC. Aside from when USC plays USC and ND. The dynamics of the rivalries changes. Its a bigger victory for USC if UCLA wins the games against teams that effect USC in the standings.And a bigger loss for USC if UCLA loses those games
Most Washington fans including myself are hoping Utah wins the South seeing how nobody wants to have to face a hot USC team in the conference championship game.

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont know, which one? One of the many in which he echoed your bullshit, or another one?
So you're another one of those kind of fans that are more interested in their rivals losing than their own program advancing to the next stage.

Last edited:

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Most Washington fans including myself are hoping Utah wins the South seeing how nobody wants to have to face a hot USC team in the conference championship game.
Im hoping to see SC get into the CCG that Utah loss was brutal to SC in the PAC south standings. And is lom ing over them. SC will always come first. But if they fall short. And Washington makes the playoffs I will root for Washington. Back the pac

With a little SEC bias on my part. I don't care for the SEC late season scheduling

TROJAN-MAN

Been around the block more times than the mailman
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm supposed to worry or be impressed about a 2018 QB recruit?lol. Someone who might play three years from now? Oh, and everyone including scout and rivals and espn has him as a 4*.

Doesn't USC have a 5* sitting on the bench?

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im hoping to see SC get into the CCG that Utah loss was brutal to SC in the PAC south standings. And is lom ing over them. SC will always come first. But if they fall short. And Washington makes the playoffs I will root for Washington. Back the pac

With a little SEC bias on my part. I don't care for the SEC late season scheduling
If USC wins the conference championship game they are in the Rose Bowl. If USC loses the conference championship game and Washington makes it to the playoffs USC is still in the Rose Bowl.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doesn't USC have a 5* sitting on the bench?
How much of that has to do with coaching and development tho. SC hasn't had a solid coach since Carroll imo. Herman is from California I was hoping they would give him a good look. To get back to where SC was a coach that gets the most out of their talent. Combined with SC's recruiting. May be the missing piece that gets Sc back to where we expect them to be

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If USC wins the conference championship game they are in the Rose Bowl. If USC loses the conference championship game and Washington makes it to the playoffs USC is still in the Rose Bowl.
Which is even more reason to want to see UCLA beat Utah and Colorado. SC in the Rose potentially facing Nebraska or Wisconsin. And Washington in the playoffs would be exciting football.
As far as the topic I want to see SC win the rose bowl before all else. The UCLA rivalry can be decided when they play the game

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Which is even more reason to want to see UCLA beat Utah and Colorado. SC in the Rose potentially facing Nebraska or Wisconsin. And Washington in the playoffs would be exciting football.
As far as the topic I want to see SC win the rose bowl before all else. The UCLA rivalry can be decided when they play the game
Any SC fan with an IQ above a peanut knows a Utah loss to the Bruins is a good thing. It gets SC that much closer to the PAC South title.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,005.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you're another one of those kind of fans that are more interested in their rivals losing than their own program advancing to the next stage.
Or maybe he's just not interested in seeing you whine and cry over it for days and days on end. I mean I think we get the point. Why not just move on? Giving an opinion is one thing. Calling names of people that don't agree is another. Then going on endlessly over and over and over just makes you a useless dick on this board.

TheDayMan

Day Butt Ass the sadgaydayboy
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you're the kind of message board douche whee doesn't bother reading other posts.