• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

THE PAC 12 THREAD v.5

TheDayMan

Day Butt Ass the sadgaydayboy
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man, the offshore lines opened at -30 for the UW game Sunday and has now moved fully to -37 and still rising. So much money pooring in on this thing. I'm not sure at what point I'd actually bet on them to not cover given Petersen's guilt over running it up against Oregon, but that line is climbing like crazy.
Not only would I generally not bet real money on (or obviously agajnst) the Huskies, high spreads are typically a bad idea too.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man, the offshore lines opened at -30 for the UW game Sunday and has now moved fully to -37 and still rising. So much money pooring in on this thing. I'm not sure at what point I'd actually bet on them to not cover given Petersen's guilt over running it up against Oregon, but that line is climbing like crazy.
I was going to take Washington. But I'm worried the game gets out of hand early.And they rest their starters. Which would be the smart move SC had a scare with Juju when the game was out of hand. And he really should have been on the bench at that point. I still think the huskies may cover. There is a good possibility that game gets out of reach in the first half. Or the back ups put up enough points to cover. The beavers looked really sloppy vs Utah last week

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,005.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was going to take Washington. But I'm worried the game gets out of hand early.And they rest their starters. Which would be the smart move SC had a scare with Juju when the game was out of hand. And he really should have been on the bench at that point. I still think the huskies may cover. There is a good possibility that game gets out of reach in the first half. Or the back ups put up enough points to cover. The beavers looked really sloppy vs Utah last week
I could see them drop the starters after the first drive of the 3rd if it's high enough and not pass again even on 3rd downs with maybe 20 minutes to go. So the question becomes how many points does Oregon State score when they really don't have much of a passing game right now and the UW D has been solid against the run the last two games?

No way I'm putting real cash on this game, but hell I'm not sure which side to take in the weekly pick'em even. I think they take their lines on Wednesday and by tomorrow that line could reach 39 if it keeps going the way it has been.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,005.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After jolting first half, more Pac-12 drama expected in final six weeks
Gemmell's sort of summary of the first half and what's coming up in the second half. Nothing really new here as we have all talked about the chaos of the south and what's at stake for UW in the north.

He did bring up how that non rivalry, rivalry game between the buffs and utes at the end of the season could play out like one with how much that game could impact who will win the south.

He also brought up the same line we have all seen and probably used that an undefeated Pac team is in the playoffs, but is that 100% true? I mean probably 95%, but 100%?

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I could see them drop the starters after the first drive of the 3rd if it's high enough and not pass again even on 3rd downs with maybe 20 minutes to go. So the question becomes how many points does Oregon State score when they really don't have much of a passing game right now and the UW D has been solid against the run the last two games?

No way I'm putting real cash on this game, but hell I'm not sure which side to take in the weekly pick'em even. I think they take their lines on Wednesday and by tomorrow that line could reach 39 if it keeps going the way it has been.
Ive only seen the beavers play once this season so far. Last week against Utah. They did have opportunities to win that game. But even as an outside fan just hoping to see them beat the Utes. It was frustrating. Their offense had a few spurts. But they just kept sputtering. Two missed field goals,a lot of punts. Wasn't the greatest game by either team it was almost painful to watch :L

TheDayMan

Day Butt Ass the sadgaydayboy
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'd say take UW for sure. Petersen will try not to run up the score no more or less than he usually does. Starters will be pulled mid 3rd quarter if it's a blowout.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After jolting first half, more Pac-12 drama expected in final six weeks
Gemmell's sort of summary of the first half and what's coming up in the second half. Nothing really new here as we have all talked about the chaos of the south and what's at stake for UW in the north.

He did bring up how that non rivalry, rivalry game between the buffs and utes at the end of the season could play out like one with how much that game could impact who will win the south.

He also brought up the same line we have all seen and probably used that an undefeated Pac team is in the playoffs, but is that 100% true? I mean probably 95%, but 100%?
If you asked me at the beginning of the season. I would have never thought the Apple cup may decide the north. If everything falls into place. That has the potential to be an extremely exciting game.I think we all knew the South would be a mess again

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,005.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ive only seen the beavers play once this season so far. Last week against Utah. They did have opportunities to win that game. But even as an outside fan just hoping to see them beat the Utes. It was frustrating. Their offense had a few spurts. But they just kept sputtering. Two missed field goals,a lot of punts. Wasn't the greatest game by either team it was almost painful to watch :L
Yeah I watched some of it because we play both soon. As you well know I'm still not sold on Utah so the fact the beavs were in that game doesn't shock me. If we set the more or less ceiling at 56 for UW's scoring then we question can the beavs get to 17? That puts you in that point spread range.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Beavs won't win, but I think that line is a little silly. They've shown they are at least a ballsy team that can kill the clock with their running game and (just watching a few games) seem to play with passion that Oregon and Arizona didn't. I'd take the Beavs to cover and only lose by 4 touchdowns.

I like the Beavs and they remind me so much of our 2nd to last season of Wulff. We were a decent team that could nip at teams just needed a few breaks.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,005.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you asked me at the beginning of the season. I would have never thought the Apple cup may decide the north. If everything falls into place. That has the potential to be an extremely exciting game.I think we all knew the South would be a mess again
There was a lot of hype for WSU before the season as well. It wasn't just UW. All of the talk was about the what ifs for that apple cup. Then WSU shit the bed that first game and everyone said yeah, well never mind. I had them as my most underrated in that over/under thread so I'm not surprised they are rolling now. Not at all.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I watched some of it because we play both soon. As you well know I'm still not sold on Utah so the fact the beavs were in that game doesn't shock me. If we set the more or less ceiling at 56 for UW's scoring then we question can the beavs get to 17? That puts you in that point spread range.
Utah has a solid defense. But they aren't on par with Washington. After watching that game I just cant see the beavers hitting 17. Unless they possibly score some late touchdowns in garbage time.I actually think Washington covers

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,005.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Beavs won't win, but I think that line is a little silly. They've shown they are at least a ballsy team that can kill the clock with their running game and (just watching a few games) seem to play with passion that Oregon and Arizona didn't. I'd take the Beavs to cover and only lose by 4 touchdowns.

I like the Beavs and they remind me so much of our 2nd to last season of Wulff. We were a decent team that could nip at teams just needed a few breaks.
That's really the question. Can the beavs run enough to keep UW from reaching their theoretical self imposed max score of 56ish and/or exceed 17 points? I don't know which way I'll go in the pick'ems. Just really thinking about it out loud.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not to make excuses but you have to kind of take the weather in account for the Beavs/Utah game. Tom Brady would've sucked balls in the first 3 quarters when the wind and rain is going horizontal and they don't have a viable QB.

Can Wallace shed light on if they have some frosh they might consider burning a redshirt on like how we burned Tuel's redshirt

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There was a lot of hype for WSU before the season as well. It wasn't just UW. All of the talk was about the what ifs for that apple cup. Then WSU shit the bed that first game and everyone said yeah, well never mind. I had them as my most underrated in that over/under thread so I'm not surprised they are rolling now. Not at all.
He had a little bit of a quiet game last week vs UCLA. But I like what I've seen from Falk. Should be an interesting game against Arizona State this week. I'll be looking forward to watching that game. I hate bye weeks

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,005.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not to make excuses but you have to kind of take the weather in account for the Beavs/Utah game. Tom Brady would've sucked balls in the first 3 quarters when the wind and rain is going horizontal and they don't have a viable QB.

Can Wallace shed light on if they have some frosh they might consider burning a redshirt on like how we burned Tuel's redshirt
Their coach was on with Softy tonight and confirmed that McMaryion is their QB for this game. That's their guy. RS Sophomore. I believe he played against UW last year when they used 2 QB's for that game if my memory is correct.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,005.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He had a little bit of a quiet game last week vs UCLA. But I like what I've seen from Falk. Should be an interesting game against Arizona State this week. I'll be looking forward to watching that game. I hate bye weeks
I was a bit surprised to see vegas sticking to -7 for the cougs on that game. I mean they are for sure liking them to win.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was a bit surprised to see vegas sticking to -7 for the cougs on that game. I mean they are for sure liking them to win.
-7? ASU is a very good team imo. But if they play like they did against SC and Colorado. WSU has the tools to break that game open. 7 may be very generous