• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

THE PAC 12 THREAD v.5

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,048.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm posting facts on here along with assumptions and backing them up with links. I don't see you posting jack sh1t on this thread other than two cent innuendos.
We get it. You think you are the ultimate fan and no one else on planet earth is worthy. Only you know how to be a fan and represent. Given your history I'm guessing you end up not staying on this board more than a few more weeks. Haven't decided yet whether or not you leave in a fit with a massive manifesto post on the way out the door, or if you finally attack an admin one too many times and get dick rolled, but either way will end in the same result.

Enjoy your stay in the meantime.

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We get it. You think you are the ultimate fan and no one else on planet earth is worthy. Only you know how to be a fan and represent. Given your history I'm guessing you end up not staying on this board more than a few more weeks. Haven't decided yet whether or not you leave in a fit with a massive manifesto post on the way out the door, or if you finally attack an admin one too many times and get dick rolled, but either way will end in the same result.

Enjoy your stay in the meantime.
There ya go again. How about post something relevant on here for a change in regards to PAC and/or Washington football. You should be in on the know I'd think seeing how you're a 'Wizard'.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,048.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There ya go again. How about post something relevant on here for a change in regards to PAC and/or Washington football. You should be in on the know I'd think seeing how you're a 'Wizard'.
Well given that you find 'likes' to be some sort of measure of popularity after suggesting your count on Rivals said as much, why have you given me dozens of them if I never post anything that rises to your standards? Almost all of your posts are rah rah links and pictures. Stuff that probably belongs on the team board given that this thread is supposed to be a discussion thread for all of the Pac12. But then only you know how to be a real fan so what do any of us know?

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm glad the last bye is out of the way, time to ramp this thing back up and finish.....

Did anyone else watch tOSU and Whisky?

Gotta give props to Justin Wilcox and that Whisky defense, he's done a pretty darn good job. Granted the talent was already there, but geez he didn't mess around...

TheDayMan

Day Butt Ass the sadgaydayboy
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm glad the last bye is out of the way, time to ramp this thing back up and finish.....

Did anyone else watch tOSU and Whisky?

Gotta give props to Justin Wilcox and that Whisky defense, he's done a pretty darn good job. Granted the talent was already there, but geez he didn't mess around...
Yeah. I don't know what USC's issue was. He's been great everywhere else.

TheDayMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Too much partying with Sark, or something...

:sark:

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
good at Boise, ok at Tenn ok at UW I don't know if I would say great. maybe just at Boise

TheDayMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
good at Boise, ok at Tenn ok at UW I don't know if I would say great. maybe just at Boise
I think what he did here was pretty great, even if the on field product was just okay. Do you remember what he stepped into? He turned a complete garbage defense into respectable his first year.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think it boils down to what he has to work with, kinda like when he was here....
I don't care if the kid is a five star, four star, what ever, but if that kid isn't gonna buy into the system he's teaching it ain't gonna work....

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
See that's where we disagree. I am still looking at this as the bigger picture;

And there is zero chance that a ucla win can help us get there. But a perfect day is still a day where USC wins, and ND and UCLA both lose.
I understand the disdain for rivals. But this is where we differ. Growing up a trojans fan i was taught V is for victory. Success is measured in championships. And even if SC is not playing for a National championship. The PAC championship and the Rose Bowl are a tradition filled honor.A UCLA loss to Utah is not a USC victory.It is a moral victory for our rival and a loss for USC. Because it has a damaging effect to USC's opportunity to play for a championship.This team has worked hard to turn the corner after a horrendous start in hopes to play for a championship. If they can make the CCG or Rose bowl. A UCLA win over Utah and or Colorado is a USC victory.

And thats not factoring in several other aspects of college football. Such as Bowls the higher the Bowl the more exposure SC receives for recruiting. And there is a major differential in a Rose Bowl payout as opposed to a lesser bowl game. While we hate our rivals. When we are not playing our rivals directly. The bigger picture changes the dynamics. This season is a good example. If UCLA defeats Utah and Colorado. And Sec wins the PAC South,PAC or gets a Rose Bowl bid. That is a USC victory.

College Bowl Game Payouts

DHoey

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,893.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was responding to your fellow fans recruiting rankings take and how premature it is to be bragging about being second on the PAC. As far "history" I thought USC has had the most players drafted , the most NFL hall of famers , more Heismans , the most all Americans. I doon't know how far "as of late " is for you but I've been to at least four Rose Bowl games since 2000 watching USC play and I recall USC winning the south last year and another time when they were under sanctions and couldnt play in the CCG. I see Heltons got some good players right now that are starting to play well and some nice talent lined up for the future and we'll see how he does. How about actually winning something before you start bragging and putting others down.
I was thinking post-Pete Carroll as recent.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SC is one of the if not thee hottest teams in the conference right now ... thanks mainly to Sam Darnold. If he had started to begin at the beginning of the season I don't see SC losing at Utah this year. As it is he didn't have many snaps going into that game.
He is playing incredible. Can't wait to watch him as he matures.
Darnold has shown improvement each week. He looked like he needed a little more work vs Utah. Was very impressive vs ASU. I was a little worried with the fumble vs Colorado. But he seems to have worked that out and is protecting the ball more. And Colorado is a great team this year. He looked comfortable last week against Zona. Especially when moving and not being contained to the pocket. He did miss a couple of deep throws to open receivers but I think he starts hitting them as he progresses.

What has really surprised me is the SC defense. They were awful last season and there were a lot of questions coming in to this season. But the Defensive line has impressed me. And Smith and Gustin have played great football to elevate the LB's. The secondary has looked great.Aside from a few listed coverages and mistakes. But that also looks to be getting sharper. If they can continue to improve. I like the direction SC is heading. It was looking bleak at the beginning of the season

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure how to do the links but if any of you want to browse the interweb for Gabe Marks interview it was really funny ripping on UCLA.

TheDayMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I understand the disdain for rivals. But this is where we differ. Growing up a trojans fan i was taught V is for victory. Success is measured in championships. And even if SC is not playing for a National championship. The PAC championship and the Rose Bowl are a tradition filled honor.A UCLA loss to Utah is not a USC victory.It is a moral victory for our rival and a loss for USC. Because it has a damaging effect to USC's opportunity to play for a championship.This team has worked hard to turn the corner after a horrendous start in hopes to play for a championship. If they can make the CCG or Rose bowl. A UCLA win over Utah and or Colorado is a USC victory.

And thats not factoring in several other aspects of college football. Such as Bowls the higher the Bowl the more exposure SC receives for recruiting. And there is a major differential in a Rose Bowl payout as opposed to a lesser bowl game. While we hate our rivals. When we are not playing our rivals directly. The bigger picture changes the dynamics. This season is a good example. If UCLA defeats Utah and Colorado. And Sec wins the PAC South,PAC or gets a Rose Bowl bid. That is a USC victory.

College Bowl Game Payouts
At what point in your childhood USC tradition teachings did you learn to swing on oregon's sac?