• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

THE PAC 12 THREAD v.5

963BUSC

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure what to make of this post, ..... Why would 'this year' be any different from any other regarding 'worth'?

Obviously putting your rival hate aside has a price tag.

I'm just unclear of the costs that bring value or not.

You are right in that I am not always rational in my fan thinking. For instance when I look through the ranked teams I think SC would totally beat a lot of those guys.

So what I mean by "this year" is I still believe USC can compete for National Titles. So a slightly elevated chance at a Pac 12 South Title doesn't really get me excited enough to cheer for ucla. However, back when I went USC many years ago a shot at a Holiday Bowl would have been pretty awesome, so I added the "this year" tag on because while the Pac 12 South title isn't anything that would currently thrill me, to be honest, I could imagine a time when it would be great again.

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are right in that I am not always rational in my fan thinking. For instance when I look through the ranked teams I think SC would totally beat a lot of those guys.

So what I mean by "this year" is I still believe USC can compete for National Titles. So a slightly elevated chance at a Pac 12 South Title doesn't really get me excited enough to cheer for ucla. However, back when I went USC many years ago a shot at a Holiday Bowl would have been pretty awesome, so I added the "this year" tag on because while the Pac 12 South title isn't anything that would currently thrill me, to be honest, I could imagine a time when it would be great again.
SC is one of the if not thee hottest teams in the conference right now ... thanks mainly to Sam Darnold. If he had started to begin at the beginning of the season I don't see SC losing at Utah this year. As it is he didn't have many snaps going into that game.

963BUSC

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SC is one of the if not thee hottest teams in the conference right now ... thanks mainly to Sam Darnold. If he had started to begin at the beginning of the season I don't see SC losing at Utah this year. As it is he didn't have many snaps going into that game.

He is playing incredible. Can't wait to watch him as he matures.

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Injuries have a way of squashing team momentum at a moments notice...especially at the key positions.
Agreed and if Washington loses Jake Browning they can write this season off. Thankfully Washington is deep at all the other positions.

963BUSC

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
072613JO275_1.jpg
See that's where we disagree. I am still looking at this as the bigger picture;

And there is zero chance that a ucla win can help us get there. But a perfect day is still a day where USC wins, and ND and UCLA both lose.

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

And there is zero chance that a ucla win can help us get there. But a perfect day is still a day where USC wins, and ND and UCLA both lose.
You have to make the PAC championship game first in order to have an honest shot for the playoffs. :)

963BUSC

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You have to make the PAC championship game first in order to have an honest shot for the playoffs. :)

True, but this year, I don't think any Pac 12 team not named Washington can make the playoffs. And too be honest I think Washington can still lose a game and get in over the Big 12 champ or another P5 runner up.

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True, but this year, I don't think any Pac 12 team not named Washington can make the playoffs. And too be honest I think Washington can still lose a game and get in over the Big 12 champ or another P5 runner up.
Playoffs or not, making the PAC championship game can only help with recruiting not to mention it would be a big boost to SC football. SC has to hope that Utah trips up two times before the season ends while SC wins out the rest of this season. It's doable seeing how SC is hot atm and Utah is beset with injuries.

DHoey

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,893.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So scout didnt work for you there huh.
Oh look we have a 5* QB commit too. lol. Guess i will start posting all about him and how he will win the PAC.lol

Matt Corral, Oaks Christian, Pro-Style Quarterback
Here's a novel idea, what if you thought about recruiting rankings as a starting point when they step on campus and they may or may not go up from there. Peterson has a history of turning lessor "star" recruits into really good football players. USC as of late, hasn't done the same.

Note: I was going to name a USC coach, but I have no knowledge of what Helton as done, or if he is going to even be around in the near future.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,048.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ohh nice and you posted a picture and everything.lol
That's all this guy has. 90% of his posts are pictures and links which is probably for the best. Every time he does actually type something himself it's dry, unoriginal, and now inflammatory.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's a novel idea, what if you thought about recruiting rankings as a starting point when they step on campus and they may or may not go up from there. Peterson has a history of turning lessor "star" recruits into really good football players. USC as of late, hasn't done the same.

Note: I was going to name a USC coach, but I have no knowledge of what Helton as done, or if he is going to even be around in the near future.

I was responding to your fellow fans recruiting rankings take and how premature it is to be bragging about being second on the PAC. As far "history" I thought USC has had the most players drafted , the most NFL hall of famers , more Heismans , the most all Americans. I doon't know how far "as of late " is for you but I've been to at least four Rose Bowl games since 2000 watching USC play and I recall USC winning the south last year and another time when they were under sanctions and couldnt play in the CCG. I see Heltons got some good players right now that are starting to play well and some nice talent lined up for the future and we'll see how he does. How about actually winning something before you start bragging and putting others down.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's all this guy has. 90% of his posts are pictures and links which is probably for the best. Every time he does actually type something himself it's dry, unoriginal, and now inflammatory.
Well yeah but so are the pictures. same picture over and over.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Forgot to label the gilded vagina NSFW

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
speaking of nsfw gotta go get forearm deep in an old ladies folds

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Seriously. I like how your stadium looks but I dont need to see it every day.lol

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm posting facts on here along with assumptions and backing them up with links. I don't see you posting jack sh1t on this thread other than two cent innuendos.