• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

THE PAC 12 THREAD v.5

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A. Yes, I want to see UCLA lose. I'm a Trojan, they are our rivals. I enjoy getting to talk shit to my friends who are UCLA fans. If USC is supposed to win the PAC, we'll get the help we need from other teams. Shouldn't have left our fate in other teams hands.

B. What does whether or not I have a degree from USC have to do with anything?
Because any real fan would want to see their team make it to the conference championship game no matter what.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Darnold is no joke and SC has talent top to bottom but I don't see them winning at a packed Husky Stadium. Washington is an entirely different animal at home.

Honestly, I agree. Winning in Husky Stadium will require us playing a near perfect game and capitalizing on Husky mistakes. I think we'll play a really good game, but I doubt your Huskies will make many mistakes. That is a very disciplined team.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because any real fan would want to see their team make it to the conference championship game no matter what.

Again with the "real fan" crap. A real fan sticks with their team no matter what. I became a USC in 1970 when I was 8 years old and have never wavered.

That's "real fan" enough for me. If it's not for you. I guess you'll have to go on being upset that I'm not a "real fan" and I'll have to keep not giving a shit about what you think of my fandom.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If an Oregon or WSU win helps Washington's cause then I'm all for them beating whoever ... because I'm a real fan and I want to see my team make the PAC championship game no matter how, what or why.
I'm okay with this post except for the bold. I don't think the measure of a fan is based on one philosophy regarding rooting for rivals or not.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Way too early to say how the UW/USC will go down. If it were played today I'd give UW an 80% chance of winning it. Let's see how injuries go and how hot both teams are the week leading in. Things can change in a hurry.

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm okay with this post except for the bold. I don't think the measure of a fan is based on one philosophy regarding rooting for rivals or not.
The philosophy of a fan should always be to see his / her team make the conference title game. Seriously what kind of fan doesn't want the best for their team?

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again with the "real fan" crap. A real fan sticks with their team no matter what. I became a USC in 1970 when I was 8 years old and have never wavered.

That's "real fan" enough for me. If it's not for you. I guess you'll have to go on being upset that I'm not a "real fan" and I'll have to keep not giving a shit about what you think of my fandom.

Wasting your time fellas. He's already judged everyone and is really the only true fan on this site it seems. Everyone else is a poser fraud because we don't root the same way he does.

I've definitely been to way more games than he has. Had season tickets forever. Was there for the entire career of Don James and rode all of that high, and was there through every down year since and rode that low. But I'm not a fan it seems.

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wasting your time fellas. He's already judged everyone and is really the only true fan on this site it seems. Everyone else is a poser fraud because we don't root the same way he does.

I've definitely been to way more games than he has. Had season tickets forever. Was there for the entire career of Don James and rode all of that high, and was there through every down year since and rode that low. But I'm not a fan it seems.
TBH I've been doing an IQ check on this thread to see who here has an IQ above a peanut.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
People who judge others that have a difference of opinion and throw out pious bullshit aren't capable of higher thinking and are not able to be reasoned with. Everyone should just leave this ass hat to his superiority complex and move along.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who would've thunk someone would one up OD. Damn Wiz, better get a leash for your super fan.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Between the Huskies new superfan and droider...OD is now only the 3rd most OD poster on this site.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who would've thunk someone would one up OD. Damn Wiz, better get a leash for your super fan.
It's not like we hold Oly responsible for cleaning up the carpet after OD drags his ass on it. Be fair man.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll ask you the same thing I asked the others and haven't received a response to yet, why does it matter to you how much I dislike another team or what it might do to my rooting interests? I'm not advocating attacking random strangers based on the clothes they are wearing. I'm not keying peoples cars or do other destructive things. Sitting in my own living room I won't bring myself to ever root for the ducks for anything. Why does that deserve being called names and having my fandom questioned? Why should that matter to anyone else AT ALL?
You don't need to ask me this Wiz, it doesn't matter to me one iota how much you dislike another team or who you root for.

My post you quoted was more in terms of sympathy and compassion regarding you and your Mother's negative experiences as fans. Rivalries IMO should be more about fun than hate. Sports should be a refuge from the realities of life, not a multiplier of hate and sorrow, that was my point.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And yet Washington is going to beat the piss out of SC two years in a row come this November. I hope you condoms are ready to bite the pillow.

KOLAN.gif

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

All that and you still don't have a clue.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You don't need to ask me this Wiz, it doesn't matter to me one iota how much you dislike another team or who you root for.

My post you quoted was more in terms of sympathy and compassion regarding you and your Mother's negative experiences as fans. Rivalries IMO should be more about fun than hate. Sports should be a refuge from the realities of life, not a multiplier of hate and sorrow, that was my point.
I see a lot of parallel here with a few others that have the same kind of disdain I do. Seems most of us grew up loving our teams. Long before we went there. It runs deep. Old hate. Learned hate. Taught hate.

And I don't go overboard with it. That's the line. You can't take it out on people. When I said I get into it with cougs it's in a rivalry taunting kind of way. Nothing personal, but it's fun to get into those scraps.

AG is the OG though. We aren't real fans because we aren't willing to go throw punches over it and then follow it up with rooting for that same team at some point. It's a waste of time trying to reason with such a jackass.

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see a lot of parallel here with a few others that have the same kind of disdain I do. Seems most of us grew up loving our teams. Long before we went there. It runs deep. Old hate. Learned hate. Taught hate.

And I don't go overboard with it. That's the line. You can't take it out on people. When I said I get into it with cougs it's in a rivalry taunting kind of way. Nothing personal, but it's fun to get into those scraps.

AG is the OG though. We aren't real fans because we aren't willing to go throw punches over it and then follow it up with rooting for that same team at some point. It's a waste of time trying to reason with such a jackass.
I'm not going to brag about Enumclaw education ... but ya I am.

Any Washington fan with an IQ above a peanut would pull for their rival if it meant putting Washington into the conference championship game.

TROJAN-MAN

Been around the block more times than the mailman
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kind of like someone calling themselves a fan of a team yet not wanting the best for that team. That's not a fan, that's a truck.

Sorry, I have to agree tfan12, I went to my first SC game in 1961 and was hooked from that time and learned to despise ND and FUCLA. I WANT NOTHING BUT THE WORST FOR THEM. See, they way I figure is that if we want to win the conference or a NC, we should do it on our own, we don't need or want help from those clowns from across town or from ND!

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You go ahead and live in your glass house and throw out all of the sanctimonious bullshit you can throw. We've learned all we need to know about you and none of it is surprising.

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry, I have to agree tfan12, I went to my first SC game in 1961 and was hooked from that time and learned to despise ND and FUCLA. I WANT NOTHING BUT THE WORST FOR THEM. See, they way I figure is that if we want to win the conference or a NC, we should do it on our own, we don't need or want help from those clowns from across town or from ND!
keep-calm-and-see-the-bigger-picture-3.png

072613JO275_1.jpg