• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

THE PAC 12 THREAD v.5

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or ND to beat Stanford for example. For USC to make the PAC South CCG.
No Clark, if ND beats Stanford it would have no bearing on whether or not USC would win the South or not. It must be a PAC game to affect the South standings.

I'm sure this was just an oversight in your post.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess the point was after watching you and I go at it, or duck fans not named Oly and I, etc how can oly not know telling someone to go fuck themselves is pretty tame by board standards? Hell, you know I don't take the fights we go through seriously.

That's why I was laughing when the new Oregon guy was all butt hurt saying I was out of line when I said I didn't agree with his power rankings. I didn't even cuss or call him a name . I just said I thought he was wrong.
I'm like dude you have no idea.lol
Oh and was I right? Now on the PAC network they say USC is playing the best football in the south right now.

mrwallace2ku

Treehugger
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had over 50,000 'Likes' on Rivals. Like 20,000 more than the next closest poster. They loved me.

FYI...Brandon Cooks lit it up yesterday catching fly balls from QB D Brees all day. 175 total yards and gawd knows how many TDs/balls caught as well.

Huskie's J Ross has a bit of a hill to climb to take over this NFL Beaver STUD!

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't understand the play calling at times tho.
Like I've been saying, many moving parts and a first year OC is one of them.

Doesn't mean he wont do well in the long run, but we Bruins fan are hoping that he's getting out all them rookie mistakes early on and has learned from them as well. :nod:

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No Clark, if ND beats Stanford it would have no bearing on whether or not USC would win the South or not. It must be a PAC game to affect the South standings.

I'm sure this was just an oversight in your post.
This is true but aside from USC the only PAC team ND really plays is Stanford.I'm just not understanding the logic of putting a rivalry over a teams success in the big picture

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh and was I right? Now on the PAC network they say USC is playing the best football in the south right now.
Utah has the edge, but USC has the momentum and the easier schedule while Colorado is the wildcard. It's still a 3 way race and might have all 3 in play all the way to the last weekend.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like I've been saying, many moving parts and a first year OC is one of them.

Doesn't mean he wont do well in the long run, but we Bruins fan are hoping that he's getting out all them rookie mistakes early on and has learned from them as well. :nod:
Hopefully the bruins find rhythm and get a nice two game winning streak going :whistle: It would be appreciated

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FYI...Brandon Cooks lit it up yesterday catching fly balls from QB D Brees all day. 175 total yards and gawd knows how many TDs/balls caught as well.

Huskie's J Ross has a bit of a hill to climb to take over this NFL Beaver STUD!
Both are solid imo. I can't say who will end up with the better career in the NFL. Tough call imo.

TheDayMan

Day Butt Ass the sadgaydayboy
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this season at this point none. in theory Oregon beating Nebraska could be a thing but considering UW killed Oregon while Nebraska barely won UW in Eugene and Neb at home would give UW the upper hand there.
Even then, the whole SoS argument isn't really what I'm asking for.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is true but aside from USC the only PAC team ND really plays is Stanford.I'm just not understanding the logic of putting a rivalry over a teams success in the big picture
And again, why are you trying to apply logic to rivalries? Is there any logic to ANY of it? Poisoning trees. Defacing property. Throwing things at people because of the color of shirt they are wearing. Etc.

Why on earth is it important to you what any other rivalry means to someone else?

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, big picture...

Once the ball is rolling for any premier school listed, the actual playoffs could be in play and then for me at least, your comment makes total sense!

I'd root for USC if it meant my Bruins would make the final four instead of ND!

Make no mistake, I'd even wear RED at a game! :lol:

That said, I've never had SC fans attack anyone I've ever known, they are generally family and friends that I've known for years and are good people.

I have always enjoyed all of the tailgating at the Coliseum too.

#GoodTimes!

TheDayMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What the fuck does that have to do with anything then?

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ross III has good hands and is always one of the fastest players on the field when he's playing, but as others have pointed out he's not much of a route runner right now. He's dangerous because of his speed, not his technique.

Pettis runs fantastic routes and has really improved this year with his hands and his concentration in general.

Ross III has so much more potential because of that speed, but he's got a lot of development to do before anyone can say what he's going to be like on Sunday's.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And again, why are you trying to apply logic to rivalries? Is there any logic to ANY of it? Poisoning trees. Defacing property. Throwing things at people because of the color of shirt they are wearing. Etc.

Why on earth is it important to you what any other rivalry means to someone else?
I don't believe anyone was discussing rivalries in that facet. Those circumstances are more of a head to head matter. When each team faces one another. What I was discussing was a teams success comes before a rwinning a game that benefits the team. I cant wanting to see UCLA lose a game SC needs them to win to advance in the standings. And compete for a CCG or a rose bowl etc... If it comes down to UCLA beating Utah to advance USC to A PAC South championship. Im rooting for UCLA every time. SC comes first

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, big picture...

Once the ball is rolling for any premier school listed, the actual playoffs could be in play and then for me at least, your comment makes total sense!

I'd root for USC if it meant my Bruins would make the final four instead of ND!

Make no mistake, I'd even wear RED at a game! :lol:

That said, I've never had SC fans attack anyone I've ever known, they are generally family and friends that I've known for years and are good people.

I have always enjoyed all of the tailgating at the Coliseum too.

#GoodTimes!
Man, I've mentioned on here more than once how my mother was attacked in Eugene one year at the game and there are sensitive duck fans around that don't like it talked about. Some have said they have seen bad things from husky fans toward theirs and I'd understand their hate if that happened as well. I'm not going to rehash that again.

I don't think anyone that isn't in this rivalry and hasn't been at the stadium for both home and away really understands how bad the hate runs. It doesn't translate well on TV from hundreds of miles away. And it hasn't been THAT bad every year. It has odd years where it seems to get really bad and then calms down for a while before spiking back up again. Duck fans said UW fans were actually nice this year and I haven't heard of any incidents toward the people I know that were there (lucky bastards!). So this wasn't a bad year. Can't imagine next year will be either.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What the fuck does that have to do with anything then?
I would rather SC play for a PAC championship or a rose bowl championship. Than to see UCLA lose to a team that advances SC. There are no UCLA lost to Colorado trophies. If it came down to Washington needing an Oregon or Washington State win for a CCG etc... I think you would root for a rival.Because it is in the best interest of the Huskies

mrwallace2ku

Treehugger
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ross III has so much more potential because of that speed, but he's got a lot of development to do before anyone can say what he's going to be like on Sunday's.

Agreed Whiz...and let's not forget that Brandon Cooks won the Bilitnokolf award for top college national receiver as well. You boys got a goodie in Ross, but Cooks is far ahead of Ross at this point in time.

TheDayMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would rather SC play for a PAC championship or a rose bowl championship. Than to see UCLA lose to a team that advances SC. There are no UCLA lost to Colorado trophies. If it came down to Washington needing an Oregon or Washington State win for a CCG etc... I think you would root for a rival.Because it is in the best interest of the Huskies
I think you'll need to say that about 12 more times, the first 8 were unclear.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you'll need to say that about 12 more times, the first 8 were unclear.