• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

THE PAC 12 THREAD v.5

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Go fuck yourself.
broken-heart.png

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can see why so many people were happy you got banned from Rivals.

TheDayMan

Day Butt Ass the sadgaydayboy
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you use logic and rivalry in the same sentence. You don't know what goes into that for others. You can't. I've had family members attacked by duck fans. The hate runs very very deep. You guys can sit there on your high horses judging others and making blanket claims if you like. I do think it's kind of stupid to attempt to hold everyone else to whatever opinions you have, but it is what it is.
Dude, clarkson...

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's a scenario in which Washington would need oregon to win to go to the playoff?

And no need to apologize, I don't give a fuck, tour opinion means nothing to me.
this season at this point none. in theory Oregon beating Nebraska could be a thing but considering UW killed Oregon while Nebraska barely won UW in Eugene and Neb at home would give UW the upper hand there.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why wouldn't a fan always want what's best for their team?
Its not so cut and dry.
in conference with rivals and proximity you not only have the wins and losses but recruiting battles. whats best for your team in one might conflict with the other. When Oregon was good a good UW would have helped SOS but then that also gains them favor with recruits.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
is WOD starting to wearing on the Washington fans already?
Unlike others, I never claim to speak for a whole fan base. You'd have to ask others what their thoughts are. It's easy for anyone to see he's an asshole. Doubt he'd deny it. Wearing? Come on man. You've been around long enough to have seen far worse than someone telling someone else to go fuck themselves. I've said far worse to people I actually like. Kind of comes with chat boards doesn't it?

I've probably said worse things to jim than that and I'd bet I've said worse to clark and OD.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you use logic and rivalry in the same sentence. You don't know what goes into that for others. You can't. I've had family members attacked by duck fans. The hate runs very very deep. You guys can sit there on your high horses judging others and making blanket claims if you like. I do think it's kind of stupid to attempt to hold everyone else to whatever opinions you have, but it is what it is.
You've actually had family members attacked by duck fans? I think that may be a separate issue. Taking that away from the discussion and taking the real fan argument out of the equation. For arguments sake on the topic. Say Washington is in USC's position. Where they have a loss vs Cal who hols a 3-1 conference record and the tie breaker due to the head to head. They are behind A Stnford team with a 3-1 record. But Washington holds the tie breaker with a head to head win. However Washington has a cross division loss vs UCLA. Which leaves them sitting at 3-2 in the conference standings. Cal an Stanford has games left against Oregon and Washington State. With the Huskies needing Cal and Stanford to lose games with a shot at the PAC CCG and potentially the Rose Bowl on the line. Do you put the rivalry aside.Because it is the better interest of Washington and their season? Or would seeing a rival lose in a game against another team you need to lose. Take importance over the results needed for Washington to advance?I believe what he is saying is team before rivalries

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From what Ive seen I completely agree. UCLA's ground game has been majorly struggling. I think they have also been majorly inconsistent. At times they seem like they can move the ball at will. But that also seems to be as a result of the passing game. When Rosen has had time. I know UCLA has had a lot of injuries. But whats going on with the O Line?Is it injuries or are they just ut of sync?

The defense has also looked very lax at times. I know they lost some big time players to the draft. But they have also shown glimpses at times too. Is it a coaching issue? I'm hoping they work their problems out. Looking forward to another great UCLA/USC game regardless. The victory bell will always be one of my favorite games
IDK if the injury excuse is in play here at all with the offensive line.

The O line is just under performing 100% under the current system. I'm guessing those O line guys play that play for UCLA now were probably more suited under the Noel Mazzone offensive scheme, but when do you say to yourself that what you are currently trying to do in your new scheme is just not working?

I'll guess, when your are 3-4 (1-3) and you gotten pretty good defensive and QB play. But who knows, that could be just me.

TBT - They are just 4 plays away from being at minimum better than 3-4 (1-3), and 4-3 (2-2) or better is a hell-of-a lot different right now from where they are currently at.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you gave me a choice between my pulling for Oregon to win a game OR not making the playoffs, I'd take not making the playoffs every damned time.
I DON'T BELIEVE YOU. :lol:

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You've actually had family members attacked by duck fans? I think that may be a separate issue. Taking that away from the discussion and taking the real fan argument out of the equation. For arguments sake on the topic. Say Washington is in USC's position. Where they have a loss vs Cal who hols a 3-1 conference record and the tie breaker due to the head to head. They are behind A Stnford team with a 3-1 record. But Washington holds the tie breaker with a head to head win. However Washington has a cross division loss vs UCLA. Which leaves them sitting at 3-2 in the conference standings. Cal an Stanford has games left against Oregon and Washington State. With the Huskies needing Cal and Stanford to lose games with a shot at the PAC CCG and potentially the Rose Bowl on the line. Do you put the rivalry aside.Because it is the better interest of Washington and their season? Or would seeing a rival lose in a game against another team you need to lose. Take importance over the results needed for Washington to advance?I believe what he is saying is team before rivalries
Didn't need to read all of that. Of course there are scenarios where you can find rivals winning making some benefit for your team. You don't have to create them to know they exist. I can remember some back in the 80's when UW kept getting close, but seemed to always lose that one game that made them have to rely on others to get to the RB. It's not a new concept.

The question here is why the need to call people names for having a different view? Why does it matter if a fan somewhere has more hate than you do for a team or its fans and doesn't actually root for something you find more important?

Obviously I wouldn't be worked up over the ducks winning a game that helped us. I never said I would be, or have been. I said it's not enough to make me actually root for them during the game.

Why anyone else cares enough to get all worked up over that is beyond me.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IDK if the injury excuse is in play here at all with the offensive line.

The O line is just under performing 100% under the current system. I'm guessing those O line guys play that play for UCLA now were probably more suited under the Noel Mazzone offensive scheme, but when do you say to yourself that what you are currently trying to do in your new scheme is just not working?

I'll guess, when your are 3-4 (1-3) and you gotten pretty good defensive and QB play. But who knows, that could be just me.

TBT - They are just 4 plays away from being at minimum better than 3-4 (1-3), and 4-3 (2-2) or better is a hell-of-a lot different right now from where they are currently at.
This is true and the Bruins losses were all close games. Each one under 1 score right? I did watch the AtM,Stanford,ASU and WSU games. At points it looked like they were either about to pull away or come back for the win. And fell just short. They had momentum late in the aggies game. I didn't understand the play calling at times tho.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't need to read all of that. Of course there are scenarios where you can find rivals winning making some benefit for your team. You don't have to create them to know they exist. I can remember some back in the 80's when UW kept getting close, but seemed to always lose that one game that made them have to rely on others to get to the RB. It's not a new concept.

The question here is why the need to call people names for having a different view? Why does it matter if a fan somewhere has more hate than you do for a team or its fans and doesn't actually root for something you find more important?

Obviously I wouldn't be worked up over the ducks winning a game that helped us. I never said I would be, or have been. I said it's not enough to make me actually root for them during the game.

Why anyone else cares enough to get all worked up over that is beyond me.
Im not worked up. I just find it hard to believe. Anyone would not want a rival to win if it benefitted their team. Especially with a CCG,Rose Bowl or Play Off spot on the line.If anything its more painful to the rival to have helped their rival. If anything I would be happier if USC lost a game that cost a rival a play off spot. And on the other cant see why anyone would rather their team not advance and succeed. Seems kind of backwards. Its just my opinion but SC playing for a CCG,Rose Bowl etc... Comes before a rivalry

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im not worked up. I just find it hard to believe. Anyone would not want a rival to win if it benefitted their team. Especially with a CCG,Rose Bowl or Play Off spot on the line.If anything its more painful to the rival to have helped their rival. If anything I would be happier if USC lost a game that cost a rival a play off spot. And on the other cant see why anyone would rather their team not advance and succeed. Seems kind of backwards. Its just my opinion but SC playing for a CCG,Rose Bowl etc... Comes before a rivalry
tumblr_m2n72dxsLu1qbolbn.gif

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unlike others, I never claim to speak for a whole fan base. You'd have to ask others what their thoughts are. It's easy for anyone to see he's an asshole. Doubt he'd deny it. Wearing? Come on man. You've been around long enough to have seen far worse than someone telling someone else to go fuck themselves. I've said far worse to people I actually like. Kind of comes with chat boards doesn't it?

I've probably said worse things to jim than that and I'd bet I've said worse to clark and OD.

You probably have. I don't take it to heart I know i can be an ass sometimes when I'm really just trying to make my point. I'm even nice to the UCLA guy. lol

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You probably have. I don't take it to heart I know i can be an ass sometimes when I'm really just trying to make my point. I'm even nice to the UCLA guy. lol
I guess the point was after watching you and I go at it, or duck fans not named Oly and I, etc how can oly not know telling someone to go fuck themselves is pretty tame by board standards? Hell, you know I don't take the fights we go through seriously.