• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

THE PAC 12 THREAD v.5

TheDayMan

Day Butt Ass the sadgaydayboy
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The guy is his own worst enemy, he opens his mouth and costs himself.......
Makes you wonder if Bruins fans wish they had slick Rick back instead of junior?
I honestly don't think there's that big of a difference between the two.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think Mora has his heart in this. I think he expected to make a splash especially with USC under sanctions and then get an NFL head coaching gig. But he's never put together a season or two where he could seriously push for a NFL job so he feels stuck with his talented but outspoken QB and nothing more.
He's had two seasons similar to the one Helton had just last year (10-3, including a Bowl win) Plus one of those season included a CCG trip that came down to wide left FG attempt for the tie....

The Bruins have had more than their share of some very tough season ending injuries to key and star players over the last few seasons, and it all came to a head last year.

Mora can just as easily get things back on track this year, and challenge for the North if things work for him instead of against him....

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From what I've seen of his UCLA teams I'm glad he didn't end up here though, they seem so undisciplined. Not factoring in the whole haven't done anything part.
This is why so many don't care for him so much as our HC, but as long as he is the HC at UCLA I'm hoping he does well.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The guy is his own worst enemy, he opens his mouth and costs himself.......
Makes you wonder if Bruins fans wish they had slick Rick back instead of junior?
I liked CRN, even though I know how you all feel about him. He lacked the toughness that Mora Jr brings but handed over a loaded team to Mora.

I felt that Rick should have been given 1 more year to see what he could have gotten out of his first full recruiting class, but that embarrassing loss to USC in Rick's last year, was the final straw, PAC12 CCG bound or not.

TheDayMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is why so many don't care for him so much as our HC, but as long as he is the HC at UCLA I'm hoping he does well.
Yeah, I think he definitely has potential for some good years here and there, kind of like he's had, and maybe throw in a conference championship here and there in the long term. I just don't think that's something the lack of discipline types (being back the neuheisel comparison) can sustain every year. And then you always have to kind of worry about them getting in trouble too.

TheDayMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I liked CRN, even though I know how you all feel about him. He lacked the toughness that Mora Jr brings but handed over a loaded team to Mora.

I felt that Rick should have been given 1 more year to see what he could have gotten out of his first full recruiting class, but that embarrassing loss to USC in Rick's last year, was the final straw, PAC12 CCG bound or not.
I'm not a neuheisel hater and never was, like some here in these parts are. But see post above...

I got to meet him a couple times while he was here, seemed like a genuinely decent guy.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I think he definitely has potential for some good years here and there, kind of like he's had, and maybe throw in a conference championship here and there in the long term. I just don't think that's something the lack of discipline types (being back the neuheisel comparison) can sustain every year. And then you always have to kind of worry about them getting in trouble too.
I don't know, the players that had problems off the field were kicked off the team, the real lack of discipline has been all the penalties, good God he drives me crazy with his note pad jotting down the details to only see his next game filled with the same sort of issues as his last. :gaah:

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not a neuheisel hater and never was, like some here in these parts are. But see post above...

I got to meet him a couple times while he was here, seemed like a genuinely decent guy.
Didn't mean you specifically really, I know UW fans as a whole dislike the dude and I totally understand why.

He was great as a PAC12 network guy, too bad they let him go...

TheDayMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know, the players that had problems off the field were kicked off the team, the real lack of discipline has been all the penalties, good God he drive me crazy with his note pad jotting down the details to only see his next game filled with the same sort of issues as his last. :gaah:
Yeah, that's what I was referring to. Just seems like on the field stuff can go hand in hand with off the field stuff.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I never had an issue with Rick. I think he backed up his talk, and lets face it they only reason he got canned at Washington was because the pain in the ass AD at the time. yeah his kids were party animals but he won games and back then that's what mattered.

TheDayMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't mean you specifically really, I know UW fans as a whole dislike the dude and I totally understand why.

He was great as a PAC12 network guy, too bad they let him go...
I know, that post wasn't even directed at me. Just giving my opinion. I think he got the shit end of the stick for what went down here. I appreciate the last solid, and very good year we've seen until recently came with him in charge.

That said I don't think he would have been here long term even without getting in trouble.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its going to be like 105 for the USC game this weekend. They should have made it a night game. I imagine it's gonna be great weather for the Husky home game. Call me jelly
It suppose to cool down by 10 degrees from the temps were getting in this heat wave (106) by Saturday. It suppose to be 93-95f at kickoff for USC (2pm) in the LA Coliseum, and 92-90f at kickoff for UCLA (4:30) in the Rose Bowl.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You ever been sitting at the bar when some pinhead starts running their mouth at someone non stop? Finally said someone gets the shits of it and knocks the shit out of the guy. What's even funnier is when the pinhead complains that he got the shit knocked out of him even though he was being a non stop douche to whatever customer beat him to a bloody pulp. Those are the guys that usually got punked for their lunch money at school.
TL : DR

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's had two seasons similar to the one Helton had just last year (10-3, including a Bowl win) Plus one of those season included a CCG trip that came down to wide left FG attempt for the tie....

The Bruins have had more than their share of some very tough season ending injuries to key and star players over the last few seasons, and it all came to a head last year.

Mora can just as easily get things back on track this year, and challenge for the North if things work for him instead of against him....

Don't think Moras done once in five years what Helton did in one.
Mora
2012 finished unranked
2013 finished ranked #16
2014 finished ranked #10
2015 finished unranked
2016 finished unranked

2016 USC finished ranked #3- #4
Finishing 10-3 is similar to what Helton did but not all 10-3s are the same.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ohhh....burn.

Let's get the heart of the matter, AG, you have been on here for 10, almost 11 months, and you have made 13k posts, which means you average about 40-50 posts a day. Which also means you are either a child, or in college and skipping class, both of which also probably mean you live at home with your parents.

I think I'll side with your fellow Huskies on this one. You are a dummy.
Yeah but 12K of those posts are just pictures of Petersen

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ya a remote shithole. I guess I should live in Washington state with all the liberal nazis.

I'm a 30 min. drive from Fred Meyers yet I'm less than a five min. drive from this.

big_lake_denali_view.jpg

And this is what I see looking out the backdoor of my cabin: A lake full of rainbow trout and salmon.

VuUjG1Q.jpg
isn't liberal Nazi an oxymoron? also how long of a drive to the middle of the water? go ahead, Ill wait here for you answer