• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

THE PAC 12 THREAD v.5

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm interested to see Browning throw in games that matter. You guys nervous at all about his shoulder?

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That could be. Washington being in was definitely a hot debate topic for national media assholes. And even though I don't seem to remember UW being absolutely rolled by bama and looking totally out of their element, it seems to be how a lot of people remember it.

Not that they'd give a team like OSU who actually was completely embarrassed a second thought.

Very true when you think about it. OSU is projected at #2 by most and they couldnt even score a point in their playoff game

SUBuddha

Stanford Nerd
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 84,965.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
UW had issues getting in because of their schedule. USC doesn't have those problems with always built in cred in OOC and their overall blue blood status.

I doubt UW would get in this year with one loss given all the criticism last year. USC would unless there are too many solid undefeated choices. Next year might be different with UW playing Auburn to open the season.
I agree, however, right now, the CA schools benefit from Standford and USC being fairly good. The ideal would be for UCLA to be respectable and Cal to not suck so bad. This would help both USC and Stanford with SOS in a 2 loss scenario.

UW benefits from having Stanford and WSU consistently (until those two teams falter), but also suffers from missing USC in the regular season this year.

I would posit that the rotating schedule and parity of the conference actually hurt the good non-CA schools on the years they draw weaker opponents. For instance, unless ASU really surprises me Stanford and USC will have a weak win unless they steamroll them.

TheDayMan

Day Butt Ass the sadgaydayboy
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm interested to see Browning throw in games that matter. You guys nervous at all about his shoulder?
I am, even though he's apparently 100%. I just hope they learned from USC and bama. No quarterback is gonna be great in games he plays from his ass.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Barton Simmons: USC talented but schedule dooms CFB Playoff shot

I think USC can lose to Stanford only and still have a shot at the playoffs if they win the PAC CCG. The trouble is theres no team to help USC jump back up in rankings if they do lose early. So if they lose to Stanford they could drop to the 18 range and really never slide back up much unless Notre dame gets some buzz.
Loss to Stanford wont drop you that far unless its a total blowout massacre. Probably to about 10-13 in a close one. And youd still have a shot at the playoffs as long as you dont lose anymore and win the PAC champ game. But two losses for any PAC team and out for sure this year.

Especially if its a weak opponent.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am, even though he's apparently 100%. I just hope they learned from USC and bama. No quarterback is gonna be great in games he plays from his ass.

Thats why God gave them legs. lol. Darnold is dangerous when pressured out of the pocket. Browning needs to make teams pay for pressuring him by either hitting someone on a quick pass or getting out of the pocket and hitting someone. Because last year when flushed he wasn't the same precise QB as he is in the pocket.

SUBuddha

Stanford Nerd
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 84,965.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree, however, right now, the CA schools benefit from Standford and USC being fairly good. The ideal would be for UCLA to be respectable and Cal to not suck so bad. This would help both USC and Stanford with SOS in a 2 loss scenario.

UW benefits from having Stanford and WSU consistently (until those two teams falter), but also suffers from missing USC in the regular season this year.

I would posit that the rotating schedule and parity of the conference actually hurt the good non-CA schools on the years they draw weaker opponents. For instance, unless ASU really surprises me Stanford and USC will have a weak win unless they steamroll them.
Fuck I misspelled Stanford, I suck at life. Fucking start of the semester is killing me.

TheDayMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thats why God gave them legs. lol. Darnold is dangerous when pressured out of the pocket. Browning needs to make teams pay for pressuring him by either hitting someone on a quick pass or getting out of the pocket and hitting someone. Because last year when flushed he wasn't the same precise QB as he is in the pocket.
That'd be nice. I don't know if that's ever gonna be Browning's game though. Oddly enough we saw it from him more when he was a freshman, but I think that was just more pure adrenalin and not wanting to die.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's be nice. I don't know if that's ever gonna be Browning's game though. Oddly enough we saw it from him more when he was a freshman, but I think that was just more pure adrenalin and not wanting to die.

Well I'm hoping what we saw from Darnold was Darnold and not him just being lucky.

TheDayMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I'm hoping what we saw from Darnold was Darnold and not him just being lucky.
Darnold is a freak. I don't think you need to worry about it being luck.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting point made about the UCLA v Tex A&M game this week I was reading. Whoever losses that will be put on the hot seat bigtime and could very likely be fired mid season. With early signing periods now, ADs will be motivated to fire HCs during seasons even more now.

Expect at least 1 to 2 coaching jobs opening up in the PAC this year. Both Zona schools and UCLA are strong possibilities.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting point made about the UCLA v Tex A&M game this week I was reading. Whoever losses that will be put on the hot seat bigtime and could very likely be fired mid season. With early signing periods now, ADs will be motivated to fire HCs during seasons even more now.

Expect at least 1 to 2 coaching jobs opening up in the PAC this year. Both Zona schools and UCLA are strong possibilities.

I don't think Mora has his heart in this. I think he expected to make a splash especially with USC under sanctions and then get an NFL head coaching gig. But he's never put together a season or two where he could seriously push for a NFL job so he feels stuck with his talented but outspoken QB and nothing more.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Barton Simmons: USC talented but schedule dooms CFB Playoff shot

I think USC can lose to Stanford only and still have a shot at the playoffs if they win the PAC CCG. The trouble is theres no team to help USC jump back up in rankings if they do lose early. So if they lose to Stanford they could drop to the 18 range and really never slide back up much unless Notre dame gets some buzz.
Kirby wanted them Trojans in last year, and he's of course on the Selection Committee. :L

I wouldn't worry one bit about a one or two loss season if I was Trojan fan.

Hell, even if the Bruins take the Conference with 2 losses, they have a decent shot at getting in, depending a lot on who and when they take those losses... Say, TAM and Wash St are the only two, should give them wins v Stan, USC, Oregon, Wash, and the North Champ, it could very well be enough...

Last edited:

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

UCLA wont fire Mora unless he falls off a cliff. He is owed too much $$$ to end his season early.

TheDayMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gotta feel for mora a bit. Said the wrong thing on a local radio show and soured his job in Atlanta. Comes to Seattle as a coordinator with the idea of taking over the HC who's on his way out, takes over to have a new gm come in and clean house. Goes to UCLA and misses out on the UW opening a couple years later, does nothing at UCLA...

From what I've seen of his UCLA teams I'm glad he didn't end up here though, they seem so undisciplined. Not factoring in the whole haven't done anything part.

TheDayMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gotta feel for mora a bit. Said the wrong thing on a local radio show and soured his job in Atlanta. Comes to Seattle as a coordinator with the idea of taking over the HC who's on his way out, takes over to have a new gm come in and clean house. Goes to UCLA and misses out on the UW opening a couple years later, does nothing at UCLA...

From what I've seen of his UCLA teams I'm glad he didn't end up here though, they seem so undisciplined. Not factoring in the whole haven't done anything part.
Unless he ended up here instead of Willingham, that would have been cool...

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The guy is his own worst enemy, he opens his mouth and costs himself.......
Makes you wonder if Bruins fans wish they had slick Rick back instead of junior?