• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

THE PAC 12 THREAD v.5

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Middle of what water? Those are two different lakes. The first pic is Big Lake .... the size of some counties. The bottom pic is the lake I live on which is right around 100 acres in size.

First week of this last May right after the ice dropped. This is the time of the year the bear start getting active.

0loLwxJ.jpg

scatG8b.jpg
if you dont like it just ignore me.

Eco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,396.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As for proper Power Rankings and actual facts instead of attempts at one liners, you might want to try SBNation/ESPN.

However, I did find this one just updated.

Pac-12 Power Rankings: The season is just around the corner

However Anthony Totri is, he is now my hero. Oregon State losing badly to Colorado State, and he still has Arizona as the worst team in his power rankings. :pound:

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Same here. We were a major UW athletic sponsor and I got to rep our company at all of the events during his tenure and had a few conversations with him. Still have a signed game ball with Tui's class and RN on it. Thought he was a pretty stand up guy. Still didn't like the basketball thing, but he brought us a RB title and had the program going in a much better direction than it did all the way up to Petersen coming to town.

Wasn't his main issue (besides him and the AD) that he wasn't a good overall recruiter? I remember guys on the radio loving him but bitching that he would only go hard after flashy skill guys but never the great lineman.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
AG for sure is the only poster I've seen on this site that flat out trolls and then bitches up a storm when someone bites on any of it. Most actually enjoy reeling in their catch off their bait. Hell, I've wound up Jim a few times. Why on earth would I wind him up and then demand he puts me on ignore? If he was really bothering me that badly wouldn't it be me that should use the ignore feature?

He won't put Jim on ignore because he can't resist responding to his posts and he knows it.

Jim is going to Jim, and AG is going to AG so it looks like this cluster fuck is here to stay.

To be fair, if AG put every poster who has complained about his spamming on ignore, he wouldn't be able to see anyone's posts.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Better yet don't reply to my post on here if you're going to be a dick head.
Im sorry I thought this was the Pac 12 thread not the Alaska Guy circle jerk

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As for proper Power Rankings and actual facts instead of attempts at one liners, you might want to try SBNation/ESPN.

However, I did find this one just updated.

Pac-12 Power Rankings: The season is just around the corner

However Anthony Totri is, he is now my hero. Oregon State losing badly to Colorado State, and he still has Arizona as the worst team in his power rankings. :pound:
isn't a PR from Tempe AZ just as bad as from the cougar news?

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think wiz is a mod anymore. My advice is you report these dirty SportsHoopla stalkers to admin. Maybe make a thread about it too.

Definitely make a thread about it. Those always end well here. :heh:

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
USC was lucky to get to the RB and was only in the bowl game because Washington was in the College Playoffs. Really thought Colorado got screwed on that one. I've seen them pick Conference Champions on rankings but lets face it, if both SC and Colorado are gonna be close, those in the Committee see it good for the College game that USC is in the RB rather than the Buffs, thems just the facts.

All true. However, I would add that USC having beaten Colorado and Washington was also factored in.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BTW - That was Kirby's argument, he thought USC was one of the four best teams in the nation and thought they should be in the College Playoffs last year.

Yeah, by the end of the season, USC was at least close to being one of the 4 best teams. But, shitting the bed against Bama to start the season and losing to Stanford didn't help.

Those losses may have been able to be overcome had they won the rest of their games and won the PACCCG. But that loss to Utah killed them. Even if they had managed to get to the CCG and won, they weren't getting in the playoff.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wasn't his main issue (besides him and the AD) that he wasn't a good overall recruiter? I remember guys on the radio loving him but bitching that he would only go hard after flashy skill guys but never the great lineman.
He had the nickname of 'slick rick'. There was the opinion there was an overall lack of discipline (See Jeremy Stevens) and some questions about recruiting, but I think most understood where the program was coming from and they were heading back toward higher recruiting.

I certainly had my own criticisms of his coaching, but personally I thought he was a pretty decent guy. Easy to talk to and approach.

He did take them to a rose bowl and won it which was something that had been lacking under the prior couple of coaches in the post James era. There were no reasons to believe they were not heading in the right direction under him, but also no sense they were close to any sort of national title run either.

Eco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,396.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
isn't a PR from Tempe AZ just as bad as from the cougar news?

Not really. I get what you're saying, but there is a clear difference from the city where your rival is, and a sponsored website of your rival as a source.

Beside, if it was from Tempe, than it's even funnier than one of their writers STILL think Zona is worse than that shit we watched against Colorado State.

TheDayMan

Day Butt Ass the sadgaydayboy
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
New game. Rainbow an AlaskaGuy post, only one per round, and whoever gets the most revenge rainbows in return wins.

Eco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,396.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh,

Well, the rain has arrived here in Atlanta, and supposed to be here for days. Oh what joy.

On the flip side, I have been trying to make a career change, and I got good progress today. Fingers crossed.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He had the nickname of 'slick rick'. There was the opinion there was an overall lack of discipline (See Jeremy Stevens) and some questions about recruiting, but I think most understood where the program was coming from and they were heading back toward higher recruiting.

I certainly had my own criticisms of his coaching, but personally I thought he was a pretty decent guy. Easy to talk to and approach.

He did take them to a rose bowl and won it which was something that had been lacking under the prior couple of coaches in the post James era. There were no reasons to believe they were not heading in the right direction under him, but also no sense they were close to any sort of national title run either.

I just remember he recruited my HS's "star lineman" and everyone just kept saying he sucked at lineman and was all about skill guys which he did rather well at.

SUBuddha

Stanford Nerd
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 84,965.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds like a game everyone loses.
Sounds like RR's S&C coaching staff. Seriously, how is RR in the hot seat with the injuries his team has endured. Is he scared to fire the S&C coach?