• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

THE PAC 12 THREAD v.5

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No need to worry, you guys will roll us. You guys won't lose again in Pullman since you guys pushed your weight around and made sure you don't come Pullman in November again since the last time we beat you in 02

@ Colorado Nov 11th doesn't sound like a picnic.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oregon with another 3*. WR this time. Daewood Davis.
Offers from Syracuse, Arkansas, Duke, Illinois, Indiana, Kansas State, Kentucky, NCState, West Virginia.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What an absolute load of crap. It's hilarious how you consistently try to question the ability of others to read and comprehend when you struggle so badly with it yourself.

Petersen's rule is nothing more than "I don't want people stealing from me, so I'm not going to steal from anyone who tells me they don't want me to steal from them. But anyone who hasn't told me they don't want me to steal from them is fair game."

If he truly believed in his rule, he wouldn't create a loophole for himself. Why not just assume that other schools would rather he not contact their commits and not do it based on his own principles?

Look, I applaud him for trying to take some kind of a stand. I don't like seeing kids being flipped from USC and I'm not a big fan of USC flipping kids that have committed elsewhere. In a perfect world, kids would make their choice and stick with it. However, I know it's going to happen, so I don't expect USC to create a different set of rules for themselves that can potentially hurt their own recruiting and wouldn't try to claim some faux moral high ground over it like some Husky fans do.

But let's not pretend that Petersen's rule is anything more than "I won't steal from people who ask me not to" when it isn't.

So does someone have to publicly make a statement about their policy? That's just confusing because no coach who gets a verbal commit from a recruit wants another coach trying to poach him. That's not policy, that is recruiting.
I really don't understand why some of you try to make this harder than it is. He asks the KIDS to make that agreement and tells them what the consequences are if they don't adhere to it. There is NOTHING in that that is on the other coaches. Where are you guys lost on this? :noidea: It's easy for other kids they speak to to say they have shut down their recruiting either because they just don't wish to speak to anyone else, or their team has similar requirements.

Until someone on here shows one single case where any kid anywhere has said their recruiting is shut down and they still push them, there is zero hypocrisy. Period. Stop. End of discussion.

I mean he doesn't even have that requirement of others, more or less does he do it as far as I'm aware. Think about it. He doesn't say a single thing to other coaches. Nowhere. At least as far as anyone has brought up. I really don't spend time going through years of history of his recruiting, but based on what he says that's what we know. His contract is with THE RECRUITS, NOT with other coaches! Period. He asks the KIDS to not talk to other coaches after committing. He's certainly aware some do it anyway and some will change their minds. And he has never (that I'm aware of) said a single negative thing about other schools that have flipped his recruits, nor the recruits themselves that have changed their minds. You MUST have that to insist upon your criticism of this perceived hypocrisy. He isn't treating the kids, nor the other coaches differently than he does other recruits from other teams. Not even a little bit.

Coaches are free to try to talk to UW's kids. I haven't read anything that otherwise goes against that. It is on the KIDS themselves to make a hard commitment (or just don't make one at all) and say no to those other schools. No reasonable person can then say going to other kids and asking them if they have interest as long as they respect any/all statements back to them that they are not interested or not able to talk to them. THAT would be where there is hypocrisy. Prove that has happened and I'll agree. Wouldn't have any problem going along with it. As far as I know that hasn't happened, or at least they say they don't do that stuff.

Again, you all want to question the viability of their stance? Go right ahead. Not sure I find it agreeable, or at least I'm not banging any drum in favor of it. I'm simply keeping it real.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So does someone have to publicly make a statement about their policy? That's just confusing because no coach who gets a verbal commit from a recruit wants another coach trying to poach him. That's not policy, that is recruiting.
When Tuipulotu's official visit was announced. There was a major outbreak of rumors. The majority of which were generated by huskies fans. We do live in an age of social media. As far as other fan bases they were a lot more geared towards Petersons commitment policies.

Following this I did a lot of reading about his stance and practices regarding the policy.I can see where he is coming from if the policy is being utilized for the right reasons. Building a team on loyalty and commitment. However he does also take official visits and pursue committed players as well. I have a hard time buying that he only pursues committed recruits of teams that don't carry the same policy. Honestly I think it's common sense that no team wants a commit to go on an OV and potentially flip.

These are also young men making one of the biggest decisions inter lives. And should explore the best options for their futures. We may not like this but you just kind of have to have faith they choose your favorite school in the end. If not you move on from there.

Which has raised the question from several fan bases. Is this actually a control tactic? Withdrawing a scholarship if you go on an OV? While doing what TLF said best and leaving a loop hole to perform the action he stands firm against.By taking official visits from commits himself? It does seem like a move to sway the playing field a bit.When you take a closer look at everything.

There aren't a lot of guarantees in recruiting.Anything can happen its a rough process. Put the work in and do your best.To show why you are the best fit throughout the entire recruiting process.Even if that means letting them see what else is out there imo

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really don't understand why some of you try to make this harder than it is. He asks the KIDS to make that agreement and tells them what the consequences are if they don't adhere to it. There is NOTHING in that that is on the other coaches. Where are you guys lost on this? :noidea: It's easy for other kids they speak to to say they have shut down their recruiting either because they just don't wish to speak to anyone else, or their team has similar requirements.

Until someone on here shows one single case where any kid anywhere has said their recruiting is shut down and they still push them, there is zero hypocrisy. Period. Stop. End of discussion.

I mean he doesn't even have that requirement of others, more or less does he do it as far as I'm aware. Think about it. He doesn't say a single thing to other coaches. Nowhere. At least as far as anyone has brought up. I really don't spend time going through years of history of his recruiting, but based on what he says that's what we know. His contract is with THE RECRUITS, NOT with other coaches! Period. He asks the KIDS to not talk to other coaches after committing. He's certainly aware some do it anyway and some will change their minds. And he has never (that I'm aware of) said a single negative thing about other schools that have flipped his recruits, nor the recruits themselves that have changed their minds. You MUST have that to insist upon your criticism of this perceived hypocrisy. He isn't treating the kids, nor the other coaches differently than he does other recruits from other teams. Not even a little bit.

Coaches are free to try to talk to UW's kids. I haven't read anything that otherwise goes against that. It is on the KIDS themselves to make a hard commitment (or just don't make one at all) and say no to those other schools. No reasonable person can then say going to other kids and asking them if they have interest as long as they respect any/all statements back to them that they are not interested or not able to talk to them. THAT would be where there is hypocrisy. Prove that has happened and I'll agree. Wouldn't have any problem going along with it. As far as I know that hasn't happened, or at least they say they don't do that stuff.

Again, you all want to question the viability of their stance? Go right ahead. Not sure I find it agreeable, or at least I'm not banging any drum in favor of it. I'm simply keeping it real.

Talk about not comprehending. "His contract is with THE RECRUITS, NOT with other coaches! Period. He asks the KIDS to not talk to other coaches after committing".
Yet he goes and talks to kids commited to other schools in the hope of flipping them to his team. Now you have to be an idiot or clueless or ignorant or a blind homer to not see that as hypocritical.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Talk about not comprehending. "His contract is with THE RECRUITS, NOT with other coaches! Period. He asks the KIDS to not talk to other coaches after committing".
Yet he goes and talks to kids commited to other schools. Now you have to be an idiot or clueless or ignorant or a blind homer to not see that as hypocritical.
No, not even a little bit, because once again you want to poach small bits and leave the already given answer out. He says they never push kids that are shut down. THAT would be hypocrisy.

If he doesn't push other coaches not to talk to the kids where is the hypocrisy of their staff at least feeling out if a kid has any doubt? If his kids have doubts he doesn't stop them from changing their minds, he just says don't expect the team to hold your scholarship offer while you explore that. I'm not aware he asks other schools to hold scholarships for kids that might be exploring UW after committing them.

This is all just more blowhard bullshit trying to stir up drama that isn't real.

I'd love to see what Oly thinks about this, or anyone else that doesn't routinely make up shit just to troll.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, not even a little bit, because once again you want to poach small bits and leave the already given answer out. He says they never push kids that are shut down. THAT would be hypocrisy.

If he doesn't push other coaches not to talk to the kids where is the hypocrisy of their staff at least feeling out if a kid has any doubt? If his kids have doubts he doesn't stop them from changing their minds, he just says don't expect the team to hold your scholarship offer while you explore that. I'm not aware he asks other schools to hold scholarships for kids that might be exploring UW after committing them.

This is all just more blowhard bullshit trying to stir up drama that isn't real.

I'd love to see what Oly thinks about this, or anyone else that doesn't routinely make up shit just to troll.

Whats other coaches tell their recruits they can't talk to anyone ? Who? Give me some names. So in other words Peterson is free to try and poach the overall majority of commited players because their coaches dont have a fake honor thing going on. So only his players aren't able to form any relationship with another program or coach and so are less likely to hear something that they might like. You dont see anything wrong with building a wall around only your recruits while you're out poaching like everyone else? LOL. You're a blind homer. Totally blind and no amount of spinning is helping you.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yet he goes and talks to kids commited to other schools in the hope of flipping them to his team. Now you have to be an idiot or clueless or ignorant or a blind homer to not see that as hypocritical.
The best way I can put it.Other than what I just posted. I think Petersons rule is flawed and in a lot of ways destructive.I would hate if the SC staff said if you take an OV you're done.

Take USC as an example they have their top recruit Stephan Carr visiting cross town rival UCLA. In my opinion I think it shows a lot more.If you have a guy like Helton just being up front with the recruits. Tell him straight out. Go enjoy the visit and the recruiting process. SC has a faith in you.If you have any concerns or questions.My line is open 24/7 or you can see me any time. I would be happy to answer any questions or concerns you may have You are our guy and playing a major role with our program.we believe you will play a major role in not only the program.But to your success as an elite RB in the nation.As well as the success of USC's bright future.

Give the kid reassurance not an ultimatum
But thats just my opinion

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To his recruits- I want you to be a man of your word. You need to stick to your choice.

To kids commited to other program- I know you gave them your commitment but we would like you to leave them and join us.

Total hypocrisy

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The best way I can put it.Other than what I just posted. I think Petersons rule is flawed and in a lot of ways destructive.I would hate if the SC staff said if you take an OV you're done.

Take USC as an example they have their top recruit Stephan Carr visiting cross town rival UCLA. In my opinion I think it shows a lot more.If you have a guy like Helton just being up front with the recruits. Tell him straight out. Go enjoy the visit and the recruiting process. SC has a faith in you.If you have any concerns or questions.My line is open 24/7 or you can see me any time. I would be happy to answer any questions you may have. You are our guy and we believe you will play a major role in not only the program.But to your success as an elite RB in the nation.As well as the success of USC's bright future.

Well Helton understands he doesn't own them and he doesn't strong arm them with their future scholarship. Think of the power these coaches have. What 3* star is going to tell Peterson that he wants to take an OV to another school when he's going to risk making him mad and possibly dumping him even if that kid didnt take the other from the offer school. So he scares kids into not getting more options. Total abuse of power. While Peterson himself is out visiting other commited players.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Take USC as an example they have their top recruit Stephan Carr visiting cross town rival UCLA. In my opinion I think it shows a lot more.If you have a guy like Helton just being up front with the recruits. Tell him straight out. Go enjoy the visit and the recruiting process. SC has a faith in you.If you have any concerns or questions.My line is open 24/7 or you can see me any time. I would be happy to answer any questions or concerns you may have You are our guy and playing a major role with our program.we believe you will play a major role in not only the program.But to your success as an elite RB in the nation.As well as the success of USC's bright future.

Give the kid reassurance not an ultimatum
Ok, now I see you both just want to keep on trolling.

We can tell you until we are blue in the face his name does not have an O in it and yet you all keep calling him PetersOn just to fuck with us. It's obvious.

I have no problems with anything you said. This is an entirely different conversation than is it hypocrisy. I'm not arguing in favor of his policy, but clearing up things said about it that aren't accurate. I don't know how much it plays to kids that are high 4* and 5* kids. Maybe it worked to help keep more in his stable while at a mid major, maybe some want it because it takes pressure off them, I really haven't looked enough into it to know what the motivation really is. Maybe someone else (BSU fans for example?) know a lot more about its origin and maybe how many other schools have similar policy. I really don't know and don't really care.

I've given up reasoning with Jim or even TF12 on this one as neither will actually understand what is written so it's fruitless to continue. It's clearly not hypocrisy even if some may question other aspects of it and that's that. I look forward to reading what oly or others that aren't into trolling might have a take on it. Until then you all can keep dumping on PetersEn as much as you like.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well Helton understands he doesn't own them and he doesn't strong arm them with their future scholarship. Think of the power these coaches have. What 3* star is going to tell Peterson that he wants to take an OV to another school when he's going to risk making him mad and possibly dumping him even if that kid didnt take the other from the offer school. So he scares kids into not getting more options. Total abuse of power. While Peterson himself is out visiting other commited players.
I think sark had the same commitment policy with his wife

The whole policy is very hypocritical. If you're not going to allow OV's or contact. Don't offer OV's or contact commits yourself. I don't think it needs to be in writing.That no coach wants their commits going on OV's or receiving offers. I just cant buy into what he's preaching. Especially when he doesn't practice the same policy. I can see that policy gone after a few more backfires

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think sark had the same commitment policy with his wife

The whole policy is very hypocritical. If you're not going to allow OV's or contact. Don't offer OV's or contact commits yourself. I don't think it needs to be in writing.That no coach wants their commits going on OV's or receiving offers. I just cant buy into what he's preaching. Especially when he doesn't practice the same policy. I can see that policy gone after a few more backfires

It's just sad because it's a total abuse of power. The recruit has none and the coach is holding the scholarship as hostage. You're right. No coach wants their commited players to go on other OVs or talk to other coaches but you shouldn't blackmail them into not doing it if you're out doing just that.
It's like getting engaged and telling your fiance she can't leave the house and you're out at a singles club .

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

We can tell you until we are blue in the face his name does not have an O in it and yet you all keep calling him PetersOn just to fuck with us. It's obvious.

I have no problems with anything you said. This is an entirely different conversation than is it hypocrisy. I'm not arguing in favor of his policy, but clearing up things said about it that aren't accurate. I don't know how much it plays to kids that are high 4* and 5* kids. Maybe it worked to help keep more in his stable while at a mid major, maybe some want it because it takes pressure off them, I really haven't looked enough into it to know what the motivation really is. Maybe someone else (BSU fans for example?) know a lot more about its origin and maybe how many other schools have similar policy. I really don't know and don't really care.

I've given up reasoning with Jim or even TF12 on this one as neither will actually understand what is written so it's fruitless to continue. It's clearly not hypocrisy even if some may question other aspects of it and that's that. I look forward to reading what oly or others that aren't into trolling might have a take on it. Until then you all can keep dumping on PetersEn as much as you like.
Thats not trolling its facts and well thought conversation based on analysis and actions. You may want to read the posts or do more research. Peterson policy and practices. Is a topic being discussed in several venues. Actually a pretty big topic between the Tui flip and recruiting season. Iowa also practices this policy. Its a power move intended to pressure commits. However when Peterson fields visits from commits or offers commits.It really doesn't look too flattering.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

No it's clearly hypocrisy. When you remove all the double talk and all the talk about honor. You have a coach who asks his commited recruits to not talk to other coaches while he goes and talks with commited recruits of other schools. It's not that hard to comprehend. The whole, but that coach didn't say he has an issue with it is pure BS.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's just sad because it's a total abuse of power. The recruit has none and the coach is holding the scholarship as hostage. You're right. No coach wants their commited players to go on other OVs or talk to other coaches but you shouldn't blackmail them into not doing it if you're out doing just that.
It's like getting engaged and telling your fiance she can't leave the house and you're out at a singles club .
Exactly great metaphor

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you both keep butchering his name while ignoring what is really said and keep saying things that aren't said or aren't related and wonder why you aren't being taken seriously?

Start by getting his name right. I know you both know you are butchering it and are doing so on purpose. Just try that.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

lol @the typical Wiz response. "No one agrees with me, so I'm going to hit them with a convoluted wall of text claiming that everyone else is stupid/butthurt/whining/trolling/carrying on for page after page."

It's this simple: he won't try to flip any other schools recruits except for those schools that haven't publicly stated that they have the same rule he does. It's simply coincidental that most other schools don't have that rule, leaving him quite a large number of schools that fit into his self created loophole.