• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

THE PAC 12 THREAD v.5

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate ALL of the signing day announcements. Take your time and figure out what school feels like home for you, but then just do it. Don't leave them on the hook just so you can have that power trip. All kids are free to flip as a commitment isn't iron clad so why create that unnecessary drama and hold these teams hostage until LOI day? I'm not talking about Weddington here as he's going to Stanford and most know it, but look at that list USC fans are waiting on. :tsk:

The ones who announce at the all american game are at least giving teams a month to deal with those decisions.

Shit or get off the pot ffs.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good comment and that is exactly the way I see it. If the kid can get into Stanford (grades), then IMO that would be a better choice for him, considing life after football.
I don't know what the best decision really is. There is no doubt that a Stanford degree carries more weight than every other school in the Pac, but USC and UW aren't miles behind. I mean not enough that the degree from either doesn't give them hope for a future.

Either school will give him an education and both will give him a chance to play football at a high level and further his craft with chances of going on to the NFL if that's his future.

There really is no right or wrong answer. It comes down to whatever feels right for him.

All I say is if you know where that is why not just say it and let the other 4 schools move on to fill their rosters?

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder if Lewis and Johnson played on Keyshaun Johnson Jrs seven on seven team or league. That's where he's going. Nebraska isn't the usual destination for LA area kids. I know the head coach there was a PAC guy but I bet theres some connection there.
I think Keyshawn Jr and the heavy Poly movement at the start for SC .Are why Nebraska had some success in the Cali pipeline. They still have a Poly player Tufele on the radar. But It's looking like Johnson and Lewis are heavy SC leans. And even the other targets on Nebraskas Radar Blades ,etc are wanting to go SC. Problem is unless something changes Schollys are running low. There may be some tough calls for SC come the first.

Even with Juju gone SC is pretty stacked at wr

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate ALL of the signing day announcements. Take your time and figure out what school feels like home for you, but then just do it. Don't leave them on the hook just so you can have that power trip. All kids are free to flip as a commitment isn't iron clad so why create that unnecessary drama and hold these teams hostage until LOI day? I'm not talking about Weddington here as he's going to Stanford and most know it, but look at that list USC fans are waiting on. :tsk:

The ones who announce at the all american game are at least giving teams a month to deal with those decisions.

Shit or get off the pot ffs.

I think if you're a traditional power and have a better than expected year then you hope you fill those last spots with high rated players. You can get burned for sure but for some players the coaches are willing to take that chance .If they get at least three of them it has paid off I think

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course it's worth it for the teams to pursue them. Obviously I'd rather UW was in the mix for those big names than not, but I hate that the kids do that. And I always have hated that.

Make your decisions and allow teams to move on. You are always free to change your mind later anyway so there is no down side for the kids to just do it.

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know what the best decision really is. There is no doubt that a Stanford degree carries more weight than every other school in the Pac, but USC and UW aren't miles behind. I mean not enough that the degree from either doesn't give them hope for a future.

Either school will give him an education and both will give him a chance to play football at a high level and further his craft with chances of going on to the NFL if that's his future.

There really is no right or wrong answer. It comes down to whatever feels right for him.

All I say is if you know where that is why not just say it and let the other 4 schools move on to fill their rosters?
Yeah I agree, Connor should just make up his mind and don't keep the other schools in suspense.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It really depends on where you might plant roots after football. If you're a So Cal kid then a USC degree is gold. Probably the same for NW kids with a UW degree. If you're serious about your education and might go anywhere like Chicago or New York or Washing DC then that Stanford degree will open more doors. That's why I am perplexed at kids going to Nebraska or Oklahoma if they live out on the west coast. You know darn well you're not going to live in Nebraska once you graduate.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fair enough, thanks. I probably took his comment wrong. Sorry if I did. I just hate when someone post a negative comment. For example, I could say that I heard someone was having an affair without being sure. Maybe I'm too sensitive to negative comments about USC, because I'm a fan.

Being a USC fan (or really, a fan of any traditional power or top team) requires a thick skin. lol

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Keyshawn Jr and the heavy Poly movement at the start for SC .Are why Nebraska had some success in the Cali pipeline. They still have a Poly player Tufele on the radar. But It's looking like Johnson and Lewis are heavy SC leans. And even the other targets on Nebraskas Radar Blades ,etc are wanting to go SC. Problem is unless something changes Schollys are running low. There may be some tough calls for SC come the first.

Even with Juju gone SC is pretty stacked at wr

I'm glad Keyshaun didnt pick USC just like I was glad Snoops kid didnt. They are too coddled and not good for team chemistry and especially being WRs. They are the worst ones usually.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, because you guys want to keep comparing apples to oranges and are doing badly at it.

Petersen absolutely positively respects any team that sets the same boundaries. PERIOD. Until you prove otherwise all of your claims are out of steam IMO.

To suggest he should further hamstring himself by not talking to any kid who has committed to any other team while their HC's are entirely free to poach his is ludicrous. It's actually insane.

I've never read anything he has said about asking other coaches not to talk to his kids. He understands the process as well as anyone else does. He asks his KIDS to shut down talks if they want to commit and lock in a scholarship offer. Failure to do so means they will shop that scholarship to other kids.

What an absolute load of crap. It's hilarious how you consistently try to question the ability of others to read and comprehend when you struggle so badly with it yourself.

Petersen's rule is nothing more than "I don't want people stealing from me, so I'm not going to steal from anyone who tells me they don't want me to steal from them. But anyone who hasn't told me they don't want me to steal from them is fair game."

If he truly believed in his rule, he wouldn't create a loophole for himself. Why not just assume that other schools would rather he not contact their commits and not do it based on his own principles?

Look, I applaud him for trying to take some kind of a stand. I don't like seeing kids being flipped from USC and I'm not a big fan of USC flipping kids that have committed elsewhere. In a perfect world, kids would make their choice and stick with it. However, I know it's going to happen, so I don't expect USC to create a different set of rules for themselves that can potentially hurt their own recruiting and wouldn't try to claim some faux moral high ground over it like some Husky fans do.

But let's not pretend that Petersen's rule is anything more than "I won't steal from people who ask me not to" when it isn't.

Last edited:

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm glad Keyshaun didnt pick USC just like I was glad Snoops kid didnt. They are too coddled and not good for team chemistry and especially being WRs. They are the worst ones usually.
I agree and I just don't think SC was a good fit for Keyshawn jr. Even with Juju gone SC is still very deep at wr. One of the things I really liked out of the Lewis visit wasn't just that he really likes SC. But he made it clear he isn't afraid to compete for a spot. Whether it be at WR or CB thats a very good trait. I'm really hoping Austin Jackson signs.Not just because he's a legacy or a beast of an athlete. But he has a great attitude.Reminds me of an Offensive line version of Darnold. The young man is all business and puts it on the field where it belongs.

Meet Austin Jackson, the nation's most low-key recruit

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Agree. He may be rated higher than he deserves because of his name. I haven't seen Keyshawn Jr. play, but I saw Snoops kid play when he was at Bishop Gorman. He looked overrated to me.

He was a "possession receiver" at best and I didn't see anything that would indicate he was a kid with NFL potential. This was as opposed to when I saw DeShaun Foster and Carson Palmer play in high school. Those 2 were at a completely different level than every other kid on the field.

In short, I doubt he would have seen anything more than mop up minutes at USC. I wonder if the same is true with Keyshawn Jr.

Last edited:

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree. He may be rated higher than he deserves because of his name. I haven't seen Keyshawn Jr. play, but I saw Snoops kid play when he was at Bishop Gorman. He looked overrated to me.

He was a "possession receiver" at best and I didn't see anything that would indicate he was a kid with NFL potential. This was as opposed to when I saw DeShaun Foster and Carson Palmer play in high school. Those 2 were at a completely different level than every other kid on the field.

In short, I doubt he would have seen anything more than mop up minutes at USC. I wonder if the same is true with Keyshawn Jr.
You hearing anything about the Carr visit to UCLA TFL. That ones been pretty silent through social media and recruiting outlets?

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kind of random but is there a Washington fan forum that's decently active? Every one I go to is kind of dead.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, because you guys want to keep comparing apples to oranges and are doing badly at it.

Petersen absolutely positively respects any team that sets the same boundaries. PERIOD. Until you prove otherwise all of your claims are out of steam IMO.

To suggest he should further hamstring himself by not talking to any kid who has committed to any other team while their HC's are entirely free to poach his is ludicrous. It's actually insane.

I've never read anything he has said about asking other coaches not to talk to his kids. He understands the process as well as anyone else does. He asks his KIDS to shut down talks if they want to commit and lock in a scholarship offer. Failure to do so means they will shop that scholarship to other kids.

So does someone have to publicly make a statement about their policy? That's just confusing because no coach who gets a verbal commit from a recruit wants another coach trying to poach him. That's not policy, that is recruiting.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL, yeah me too. I see where USC doesn't play Washington or Oregon this coming season.

No you don't but you condoms are coming to Pullman and getting a hole popped in them by the Washington State Falk's.