• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

THE PAC 12 THREAD v.5

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fair enough, thanks. I probably took his comment wrong. Sorry if I did. I just hate when someone post a negative comment. For example, I could say that I heard someone was having an affair without being sure. Maybe I'm too sensitive to negative comments about USC, because I'm a fan.
But I clearly said over and over that there wasn't anything of substance to it that I could find. And you wanted no part of accepting that. As far as I know there is nothing behind that, and even if there was I can understand why some would make that into further reason to hate USC, but there is nothing against any rules with it.

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But I clearly said over and over that there wasn't anything of substance to it that I could find. And you wanted no part of accepting that. As far as I know there is nothing behind that, and even if there was I can understand why some would make that into further reason to hate USC, but there is nothing against any rules with it.
Fair enough, sorry if I took your comments wrong.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He asks the kids to shut down their recruitment . Who has the power there? Peterson holding that scholarship or the kid who's future might depend on him getting one ? It's just wrong for him to say that to the kid while no one tells him he can't talk to their recruits. What schools have told Peterson to stay away?
For the last fucking time it's PETERSEN. There is no O in his name. You are just trolling this shit up today.

He asks the kids to make sure they are firm before they take the offer. If they waiver the team takes that as a sign they need to look around to fill that spot. There is nothing in that dynamic putting anything on other coaches. It is between his staff and their recruits. You keep offering up that straw man and it still isn't working.

Most of the kids they accept committments from as juniors really want this so they have an easier time their senior seasons because it makes it far easier to keep other staffs from driving them crazy pushing them.

This process isn't easy for a lot of kids. Coaches pushing and pushing and pushing them from every angle. Some enjoy it and seek out that spotlight and ride with it, many do not. His requirements work well for some, and not for others. Those others have left and I've never heard one single disparaging word about them from him or his staff.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fair enough, sorry if I took your comments wrong.
lol, it's no big deal. Not like I'm going to hold onto it or something.

Enjoy your Sunday.

:suds:

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's just simple. If he's going to visit and flip commited players from other schoolc then he shouldn't put up this fake deal is a deal, we just want to shield you from that ugly recruiting process to his commited players. He's so concerned about these kids getting bugged and pushed by coaches and recruiters and not having fun their senior year while out doing exact very thing thing to other schools recruits. But the other coach doesn't ask him to leave them alone so it's ok. lol.
That's the definition of hypocritical. But hey you're trying really hard. lol

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Recruiting news in the PAC

Prospect of the week: Conor Wedington

Sumner (Wash.) athlete Connor Wedington has had a busy January. He started it off with a visit to Stanford then went from Palo Alto to Hawaii where he played in the inaugural Polynesian Bowl. And the four-star would leave Hawaii with the Offensive MVP of the Polynesian Bowl, scoring a touchdown in the win. Earlier this week, Wedington left for an official visit to Baylor and he'll head down to UCLA this weekend for his final official visit. The No. 1 athlete in the West will announce his decision on Signing Day, and named his final five as Baylor, Stanford, UCLA, Notre Dame and Washington.

Visit of the week: Greg Johnson

Los Angeles (Calif.) Hawkins athlete Greg Johnson will take his final official visit this weekend and we'll make the short drive over to USC. The one-time Arizona commit is focusing on Oregon, Nebraska and the Trojans. USC has the hometown advantage and they also have a commitment from his younger brother, Marcus Johnson. Will Greg get to USC before Marcus? The Trojans are hoping this weekend seals the deal for the four-star.

Prospect on the rise: Mo Unutoa

Kapaa (HawaiI) offensive tackle Mo Unutoa is one of the top uncommitted lineman in the West. He had a good week at the Polynesian Bowl last week and added an offer from Oregon earlier in the week. He'll visit Utah this weekend, his final official visit, before deciding on Signing Day and there are still a few other schools in the mix like Oregon State, Washington State and BYU.

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Sumner (Wash.) athlete Connor Wedington has had a busy January. He started it off with a visit to Stanford then went from Palo Alto to Hawaii where he played in the inaugural Polynesian Bowl. And the four-star would leave Hawaii with the Offensive MVP of the Polynesian Bowl, scoring a touchdown in the win. Earlier this week, Wedington left for an official visit to Baylor and he'll head down to UCLA this weekend for his final official visit. The No. 1 athlete in the West will announce his decision on Signing Day, and named his final five as Baylor, Stanford, UCLA, Notre Dame and Washington.

Los Angeles (Calif.) Hawkins athlete Greg Johnson will take his final official visit this weekend and we'll make the short drive over to USC. The one-time Arizona commit is focusing on Oregon, Nebraska and the Trojans. USC has the hometown advantage and they also have a commitment from his younger brother, Marcus Johnson. Will Greg get to USC before Marcus? The Trojans are hoping this weekend seals the deal for the four-star.

Kapaa (HawaiI) offensive tackle Mo Unutoa is one of the top uncommitted lineman in the West. He had a good week at the Polynesian Bowl last week and added an offer from Oregon earlier in the week. He'll visit Utah this weekend, his final official visit, before deciding on Signing Day and there are still a few other schools in the mix like Oregon State, Washington State and BYU.
Connor Wedington is the real deal. I seen him play at one of Summer's (Washington State) high school games. The Huskies need to keep this kid in state. He reminds me of Jonathan Stewart, a RB that the Huskies couldn't keep in state.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Conor Wedington is the real deal. I seen him play at one of Summer's (Washington State) high school games. The Huskies need to keep this kid in state. He reminds me of Jonathan Stewart, a RB that the Huskies couldn't keep in state.

I've heard good things about him. he would certainly be a good pick up for any of those teams.

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've heard good things about him. he would certainly be a good pick up for any of those teams.
I would really like the kid to go to Washington, but I think he might choose Stanford.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL, yeah me too. I see where USC don't play Washington or Oregon this coming season.

Thats good. Makes it more possible for both ( USC - Wash) to not have a loss or maybe just one till the CCG which would help the winner get into the playoffs.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The Johnson and Lewis visits went very well for USC. They both seem to be heavy SC leans. But SC is running out of room fast :gaah:

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man I really want Lewis . What a weapon ,especially with DBs getting taller.
Heres the announcement schedule for some potentials including lewis

WR: Joseph Lewis (2/1, ESPNU, 1pm PT)
TE: Josh Falo (1/30)
OL: Austin Jackson (2/1, MaxPreps.com)
DL: Jay Tufele (2/1), Aubrey Solomon (2/1, ESPNU, 7am PT), Javon Kinlaw (1/31)
LB: Levi Jones (2/1, ESPNU, 5am PT)
DB: Greg Johnson (2/1, ESPNU, 1pm PT), Elijah Blades (2/1)

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would really like the kid to go to Washington, but I think he might choose Stanford.
Less than a 10% chance he ends up at UW at this point. He knows full well what the status of his offer was after he decommitted and isn't likely to jump back in that direction. He did it because of the offer from Stanford and his priority over decisions related to life after football.

His choices boil down to the chance to play near his home where his family and friends can watch him play half of his games without travel (and his relationship with the staff/players) vs what a Stanford education can do for him. Can't see him not going to work for that goal given where he's at.

This whole thing of making it about 5 teams (and lol at Baylor being one given their issues) and waiting until LOI day to announce is kind of lame and screams of a kid seeking attention. He knows full well which team he is picking and is trying to draw it out to the 11th hour keeping 5 teams on the hook.

Honestly I'd be shocked if there was actually a scholarship open for him if he did make the unlikely flip back and say he's picking UW. They can't afford to sit around and hope he does and end up with a last second fill for that scholarship.

Most of the fans have moved on from him and just assume this was all done so he could go to Stanford and build his education. Any other outcome would be just stunning.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heres the announcement schedule for some potentials including lewis

WR: Joseph Lewis (2/1, ESPNU, 1pm PT)
TE: Josh Falo (1/30)
OL: Austin Jackson (2/1, MaxPreps.com)
DL: Jay Tufele (2/1), Aubrey Solomon (2/1, ESPNU, 7am PT), Javon Kinlaw (1/31)
LB: Levi Jones (2/1, ESPNU, 5am PT)
DB: Greg Johnson (2/1, ESPNU, 1pm PT), Elijah Blades (2/1)

I wonder if Lewis and Johnson played on Keyshaun Johnson Jrs seven on seven team or league. That's where he's going. Nebraska isn't the usual destination for LA area kids. I know the head coach there was a PAC guy but I bet theres some connection there.

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Less than a 10% chance he ends up at UW at this point. He knows full well what the status of his offer was after he decommitted and isn't likely to jump back in that direction. He did it because of the offer from Stanford and his priority over decisions related to life after football.

His choices boil down to the chance to play near his home where his family and friends can watch him play half of his games without travel (and his relationship with the staff/players) vs what a Stanford education can do for him. Can't see him not going to work for that goal given where he's at.

This whole thing of making it about 5 teams (and lol at Baylor being one given their issues) and waiting until LOI day to announce is kind of lame and screams of a kid seeking attention. He knows full well which team he is picking and is trying to draw it out to the 11th hour keeping 5 teams on the hook.

Honestly I'd be shocked if there was actually a scholarship open for him if he did make the unlikely flip back and say he's picking UW. They can't afford to sit around and hope he does and end up with a last second fill for that scholarship.

Most of the fans have moved on from him and just assume this was all done so he could go to Stanford and build his education. Any other outcome would be just stunning.
Good comment and that is exactly the way I see it. If the kid can get into Stanford (grades), then IMO that would be a better choice for him, considing life after football.