• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

THE PAC 12 THREAD v.5

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I guess we can agree to disagree. I think there is one hell of a difference between having a friend in a wedding and hiring when he isn't qualified to be anything that a bra washer for women's basketball. The Brandon Roy angle would be shaddy but not really since Porter wouldn't be playing for Roy had the shit at Garfield not gone down plus not everyone on Roy's team is heading to UW, I believe a couple are going Zona and Duke.
What are we disagreeing on? :noidea: I said had there been anything to the rumor of USC hiring a family member I personally would have said it's business as usual across college athletics. You claimed (again, a misuse of if) hypocrisy and it was based off some assumption you had on a hypothetical.

I don't care for it from any team with any sport. Don't support it or defend it. Looks bad and doesn't feel right. And it exists all over the country.

Show me where there is hypocrisy and we can move on. Otherwise it's more sour grapes which seems to be the norm up here right now.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually, Wazzou has been in on it as well. Exactly how many have come to Washington's defense?
Really? Because he's claiming hypocrisy over an unsubstantiated rumor not related to what you and the other USC fans are droning on about. And was incorrect in his as well.

I'd really like to see oly and others chime in. My guess is almost everyone else views this as stupid crap that doesn't matter and only seems to be a big deal to a small handful of people.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What are we disagreeing on? :noidea: I said had there been anything to the rumor of USC hiring a family member I personally would have said it's business as usual across college athletics. You claimed (again, a misuse of if) hypocrisy and it was based off some assumption you had on a hypothetical.

I don't care for it from any team with any sport. Don't support it or defend it. Looks bad and doesn't feel right. And it exists all over the country.

Show me where there is hypocrisy and we can move on. Otherwise it's more sour grapes which seems to be the norm up here right now.

The hypocrisy was you were getting upset over $C potentially breaking the rules while still rooting for UW when your AD is allowing unethical behavior in recruiting. You can't claim saint hood for football but ignore basketball. Your school has sinned so can't cast stones.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It isn't hypocrisy by any measure of that word. Period. And ONLY those trying to make this about defense of a recent flip are making this into something.

It is hypocrisy when you continue to try to recruit kids who have committed to other schools while insisting that your commits shut down their recruiting. Not going after kids where programs make that request, doesn't make it non hypocritical, it makes it selective. Especially since most schools don't make that request. Petersen has essentially created a loophole for his own "strongly held belief."

That is the very essence of hypocrisy.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really? Because he's claiming hypocrisy over an unsubstantiated rumor not related to what you and the other USC fans are droning on about. And was incorrect in his as well.

I'd really like to see oly and others chime in. My guess is almost everyone else views this as stupid crap that doesn't matter and only seems to be a big deal to a small handful of people.

Uh, he was the one who pointed out Sankey being flipped after committing.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The hypocrisy was you were getting upset over $C potentially breaking the rules while still rooting for UW when your AD is allowing unethical behavior in recruiting. You can't claim saint hood for football but ignore basketball. Your school has sinned so can't cast stones.
Where was I upset? You have to establish that before you can make that claim. And you haven't.
SC fans are going bat shit crazy over PetersEn's policy of locking down after committing and you are going on about something else not related that I never chimed in on in the way you are accusing me of. More fabricated outrage on baseless bullshit.

Again, it must be the off season.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Amazing how it's only a select few USC fans banging this drum. Not one person who is a fan of any other team is outraged over this perceived hypocrisy. Not one fan coming to your defense. Not one.

It isn't hypocrisy by any measure of that word. Period. And ONLY those trying to make this about defense of a recent flip are making this into something.

It was clearly debunked and not ONE word uttered here has changed that.

Sorry, but you all seem like bitter biased fans looking to create drama. I'd love to hear oly, or vita, or frankly anyone not from USC bring up the same assertions. They won't because this is just an obvious bias.

There is lots of room to ask whether or not his recruiting rules are viable at the level he wants to take this program. It's fair game to question merits of any part of it. However it is entirely baseless to bring up hypocrisy when you look at the details of what he actually says and does with his recruits. Period.

First of all. I brought it up originally when I read a majority of Husky fans comments about the player who flipped to USC. Second I'm not here looking for any validation from fans from other teams. I didn't ask for it nor do I need it.
Nothing has been "debunked". His hypocracy is self evedent the day he flipped a commited player from another team. He obviously can shop around but discourages his commited player to do the same with his deal is a deal. Well he jumpin between the deal between WSU and their recruit. The fact that other schools don't act like they own the player even before they sign doesn't absolve him from poaching players being just that, poaching players.
Oh and since when does every subject talked about has to be something huge? We can't discuss minor things ? Things that just bug us? Funny how you're always trying to dictate what is debatable.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where was I upset? You have to establish that before you can make that claim. And you haven't.
SC fans are going bat shit crazy over PetersEn's policy of locking down after committing and you are going on about something else not related that I never chimed in on in the way you are accusing me of. More fabricated outrage on baseless bullshit.

Again, it must be the off season.

Oh look , another person from another school. Time to rewrite your argument.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is hypocrisy when you continue to try to recruit kids who have committed to other schools while insisting that your commits shut down their recruiting. Not going after kids where programs make that request, doesn't make it non hypocritical, it makes it selective. Especially since most schools don't make that request. Petersen has essentially created a loophole for his own "strongly held belief."

That is the very essence of hypocrisy.
No, because you guys want to keep comparing apples to oranges and are doing badly at it.

Petersen absolutely positively respects any team that sets the same boundaries. PERIOD. Until you prove otherwise all of your claims are out of steam IMO.

To suggest he should further hamstring himself by not talking to any kid who has committed to any other team while their HC's are entirely free to poach his is ludicrous. It's actually insane.

I've never read anything he has said about asking other coaches not to talk to his kids. He understands the process as well as anyone else does. He asks his KIDS to shut down talks if they want to commit and lock in a scholarship offer. Failure to do so means they will shop that scholarship to other kids.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh look , another person from another school. Time to rewrite your argument.
Another fan of another team on a different tangent, so no I will not be changing anything. :L

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not surprised this basic concept is escaping you. Two different topics mean the same thing to you because both are incorrectly using the same word. It is not the same topic. One is claiming hypocrisy of coach PetersEn and his policies, and the other is claiming I'M being a hypocrite when he never established I was actually outraged (as he claimed) over that unsubstantiated rumor about USC hiring a flipped recruits brother.

Really just shows you don't actually believe anything you are on about and it's all just pure trolling.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, because you guys want to keep comparing apples to oranges and are doing badly at it.

Petersen absolutely positively respects any team that sets the same boundaries. PERIOD. Until you prove otherwise all of your claims are out of steam IMO.

To suggest he should further hamstring himself by not talking to any kid who has committed to any other team while their HC's are entirely free to poach his is ludicrous. It's actually insane.

I've never read anything he has said about asking other coaches not to talk to his kids. He understands the process as well as anyone else does. He asks his KIDS to shut down talks if they want to commit and lock in a scholarship offer. Failure to do so means they will shop that scholarship to other kids.

How are kids of his free if he's asked them to shut down the recruiting process once they commit? LOL. Do you actually read what you write? Most coaches dont ask that of players and he takes advantage while shielding his. Its hypocritical. Plain as day.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How are kids of his free if he's asked them to shut down the recruiting process once they commit? LOL. Do you actually read what you write? Most coaches dont ask that of players and he takes advantage while shielding his. Its hypocritical. Plain as day.
The only use of the word FREE in what you quoted was other coaches being FREE to poach kids committed to UW. I would suggest your reading skills (or lack there of) are showing up here again. :noidea:

PetersEn stresses to every recruit they not commit until they have talked to other schools, family, etc and do so only when they are ready to fully commit. They are still free to do anything they wish, but the school is also free to pull their scholarship offer and give it to someone else. No 'freedom' is in question here. More bullshit.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not surprised this basic concept is escaping you. Two different topics mean the same thing to you because both are incorrectly using the same word. It is not the same topic. One is claiming hypocrisy of coach PetersEn and his policies, and the other is claiming I'M being a hypocrite when he never established I was actually outraged (as he claimed) over that unsubstantiated rumor about USC hiring a flipped recruits brother.

Really just shows you don't actually believe anything you are on about and it's all just pure trolling.

No. I truly believe Peterson is a hypocrite with his policy towards recruits. Is it atomic bomb huge ? No, of course not. It's just not that great. He hides behind his values and morals while he goes and flips players from other teams whos coaches don't subscribe to his "deal is a deal" . So in reality his recruits are off the market while he still shops in others baskets. If he was truley a man of honor he would give his recruits the same options instead of putting up walls.
And stop arguing a topic while at the same time saying it doesn't matter or it's not a big enough deal for us to talk about here simply because it's about your school and coach. I'm sure weve all talked about smaller stuff than this about Oregon or WSU and you jumped in.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only use of the word FREE in what you quoted was other coaches being FREE to poach kids committed to UW. I would suggest your reading skills (or lack there of) are showing up here again. :noidea:

PetersEn stresses to every recruit they not commit until they have talked to other schools, family, etc and do so only when they are ready to fully commit. They are still free to do anything they wish, but the school is also free to pull their scholarship offer and give it to someone else. No 'freedom' is in question here. More bullshit.

So why ask them to shut down their recruiting if he's not going to honor other schools commitments? Hypocritical. Plain as day. Oh and every school wants the recruit to think hard before they commit. Thats not a Peterson thing. You act like he's the only one. The difference is he asks them to not communicate with other schools after they commit.

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be fair, Wiz didn't start any rumor. He responded to me saying that there was a rumor about it up there and that he tried to find a credible source reporting the same and couldn't.
Fair enough, thanks. I probably took his comment wrong. Sorry if I did. I just hate when someone post a negative comment. For example, I could say that I heard someone was having an affair without being sure. Maybe I'm too sensitive to negative comments about USC, because I'm a fan.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No. I truly believe Peterson is a hypocrite with his policy towards recruits. Is it atomic bomb huge ? No, of course not. It's just not that great. He hides behind his values and morals while he goes and flips players from other teams whos coaches don't subscribe to his "deal is a deal" . So in reality his recruits are off the market while he still shops in others baskets. If he was truley a man of honor he would give his recruits the same options instead of putting up walls.
And stop arguing a topic while at the same time saying it doesn't matter or it's not a big enough deal for us to talk about here simply because it's about your school and coach. I'm sure weve all talked about smaller stuff than this about Oregon or WSU and you jumped in.
It's not a big deal, but you keep going on and on and on over the same stupidity page after painfully long page.

He asks his kids to shut down convo. If someone else's kids respond to his staff that they are not talking to other coaches he respects it, whether or not their coaches asked them to.

If he was out saying no other coach can talk to his kids and are attacking them, then maybe you have a leg to stand on. He makes no requests of them, this is entirely something between his staff and his recruits. Take whatever time you need and be sure you want to come to UW before you commit and if you get wet feet do whatever feel right to you, but understand we will shop your scholarship offer to others. I really don't see the problem here.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He asks the kids to shut down their recruitment . Who has the power there? Peterson holding that scholarship or the kid who's future might depend on him getting one ? It's just wrong for him to say that to the kid while no one tells him he can't talk to their recruits. What schools have told Peterson to stay away?