• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

THE PAC 12 THREAD v.5

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You would argue against someone saying the sky is blue.

It's not hypocrisy in any way. Period. And any reasonable person would not support that it is.

Asking your commited players to shut down their recruiting and yet you go poach other commited players. Nothing hypocritical about that.lol. You obviously would say what sky, Peterson says we don't have one.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He asks them to shut down their recruiting process.
Yes, and he won't talk to kids at any other program that also asks their kids to shut theirs down. Why you don't see that as equal is beyond me.

The coaches that don't buy into that seem to be free to poach his kids, but to you that means he also should never go after any kids, whether that school still ignores his requests and goes after his or not. I frankly find that baffling.

They are free to ignore his wishes, but he's a hypocrite if he goes after theirs when they have no request out already for kids not to continue to take visits or accept discussions with other coaches.

Anyone else see the problem with calling this hypocrisy? I mean jim won't open his eyes.

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I said it was in back channels. Like people around the school talking about it. Read others talking about it on fan sites. Not one word in any real media which is what I said already. I don't take any of it seriously until someone at a credible site lists facts.

But someone brought up the 'funny business' and that's the only thing I had heard/read about and don't find it credible because it's not out there in the public.
Fair enough, so then it's just a rumor that probably shouldn't have been posted, right? Sounds like sour grapes to me.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, and he won't talk to kids at any other program that also asks their kids to shut theirs down. Why you don't see that as equal is beyond me.

The coaches that don't buy into that seem to be free to poach his kids, but to you that means he also should never go after any kids, whether that school still ignores his requests and goes after his or not. I frankly find that baffling.

They are free to ignore his wishes, but he's a hypocrite if he goes after theirs when they have no request out already for kids not to continue to take visits or accept discussions with other coaches.

Anyone else see the problem with calling this hypocrisy? I mean jim won't open his eyes.

So a kid shouldnt be able to hear all the options available before he signs? Sounds like Peterson likes to go tell commited kids there is another option for them but for the ones he has, he limits their options. You make it sound like that makes him a nice guy.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Petersons influence has infected the Husky fan base, Which I why I found it amusing so many Husky fans were talking bad and upset about the one player fliping to USC while a week earlier enjoying that they got a WSU player to flip. Hypocritical , the coach and the fans.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So a kid shouldnt be able to hear all the options available before he signs? Sounds like Peterson likes to go tell commited kids there is another option for them but for the ones he has, he limits their options. You make it sound like that makes him a nice guy.
Care to show where he does that? Because once again you are saying things from an assumption instead of even bothering to check facts. I mean no one should be surprised by that right? :L

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There was some mention up here about one of his relatives getting a job at USC, but I'm not sure there was any credibility to it as it was more or less said in back channels and might just have been speculation. I don't engage in that crap unless there are mainstream media links to that kind of thing and I never saw any.

Again, isn't that hypocritical coming from a fan of a school who just hired and unqualified coach to their basketball staff who just so happens to be the father of the top rated recruit this year and one of the best for next years?

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again, isn't that hypocritical coming from a fan of a school who just hired and unqualified coach to their basketball staff who just so happens to be the father of the top rated recruit this year and one of the best for next years?
That was actually a rumor coming out of Udubs. Tui's brother was not given a job. That rumor changed to Tui's brother is Nansons drinking buddy now. Looks like they are just enjoying speculating because of the flip.That was a good point brought up earlier. Why is it ok for peterson to contact committed players. When he holds a strong policy that no one can contact his commits?

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Care to show where he does that? Because once again you are saying things from an assumption instead of even bothering to check facts. I mean no one should be surprised by that right? :L
Wait a minute!!! Didn't you post comment #5330, where you stated the following without checking facts?

"There was some mention up here about one of his relatives getting a job at USC, but I'm not sure there was any credibility to it as it was more or less said in back channels and might just have been speculation. I don't engage in that crap unless there are mainstream media links to that kind of thing and I never saw any".

Last edited:

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was actually a rumor coming out of Udubs. Tui's brother was not given a job. That rumor changed to Tui's brother is Nansons drinking buddy now. Looks like they are just enjoying speculating because of the flip.That was a good point brought up earlier. Why is it ok for peterson to contact committed players. When he holds a strong policy that no one can contact his commits?

Recruiting is an ugly business, people need to get over the flips, especially all the idiots on social media ragging on all these immature recruits.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here is what we know about Petersen's recruiting:

At Sophomore or earlier he strongly frowns on kids committing. He pushes them to take their time and talk to other teams and spend time talking to their family before making these big life decisions. Lots of his former players have talked about that to the media. It's fairly well known.

He will take commitments early, but most of the time it is the kids wanting that safety net of not having to deal with the noise from other coaches hounding them during their final years of high school. There are always those who just insist that's their dream school and that he has accepted, but he does push them away from making those lightly.

Starting with their senior seasons he again tells all of them to talk to as many other schools as they like. Seek out every bit of information before making any kind of decision. If/when they do decide to commit he tells them do not do so unless you are sure and shut down all communications outside of the team. Any visits done after that will be seen as a decommitment and the team reserves the right to immediately shop the scholarship offer to other kids. As far as I know, there is no hardened rule that once a kid does that there is no way they would take them, but there is no guarantee of any open scholarship at that time.

Petersen does not believe in oversigning like so many other coaches do. He has a set number and offers them carefully.

So your comments about him not allowing kids to hear other offers BEFORE they sign is just entirely fucking stupid. No other way to put that. It's dumb, and wrong.

He encourages all kids to seek out every avenue before making that ultimate commitment and then tells them making it means something and there are consequences to not sticking to it. Namely, that your offered scholarship will immediately be made available to some other kid.

Now I'd like to hear from anyone else where the hypocrisy is in still talking to other kids who have committed to other teams that have not been asked to shut down visits because I haven't read a single reasonable response to that. Not one.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wait a minute!!! Didn't you post comment #5330, where you stated the following without checking facts?

"There was some mention up here about one of his relatives getting a job at USC, but I'm not sure there was any credibility to it as it was more or less said in back channels and might just have been speculation. I don't engage in that crap unless there are mainstream media links to that kind of thing and I never saw any".
Is your reading comprehension that bad? :L

I mean I CLEARLY said in the bolded that there wasn't anything I could find that made that credible. How could I be more clear? :noidea:

Someone asked why another UW fan said something about underhanded shit and I explained what I had heard AND CLEARLY SAID I FOUND NOTHING TO SUBSTANTIATE IT.

So no, I did not do the same thing.

Not even close.
:tsk:

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is your reading comprehension that bad? :L

I mean I CLEARLY said in the bolded that there wasn't anything I could find that made that credible. How could I be more clear? :noidea:

Someone asked why another UW fan said something about underhanded shit and I explained what I had heard AND CLEARLY SAID I FOUND NOTHING TO SUBSTANTIATE IT.

So no, I did not do the same thing.

Not even close.
:tsk:
:L Yes it is close. You are starting rumors, without showing any facts. You better read your comment again. You came across as a whining fan, saying things that are not backed by facts. If you didn't "FOUND NOTHING TO SUBSTANTIATE IT", then why in the hell would you start a rumor?

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Had there been anything to that rumor of his brother, or cousin (heard both which added to the unlikelihood of it) being offered a job I would understand people hating on it, but it's just business as usual and I would say as much. That shit happens all the time in the SEC (queue angry indignant response by 4D20 here in 3...2...1...).

Porter's dad works for the team, his coach in high school was a former UW player in his first stint as a HC, and Romar ONLY still has a job because he is this kids Godfather (true story). Any shots at any of that are fair game. BUT again, his dad was at Romar's wedding and they have been friends for a long time. He would have had a job at that school anyway and the kid going to play for his Godfather was likely still a thing without his dad getting it. It looks bad and I would never defend it, but there is more to that story than you cited.

Explain the hypocrisy.

There are quite a few of you that love to toss that around that I'm convinced have no idea of the meaning behind it. And I mean that in all seriousness.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:L Yes it is close. You are starting rumors, without showing any facts. You better read your comment again. You came across as a whining fan, saying things that are not backed by facts. If you didn't "FOUND NOTHING TO SUBSTANTIATE IT", then why in the hell would you start a rumor?
I did not start any rumor.

Are you ALL really this bad at English? :L

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let me help you since you seem lost oldtimer,
lol @Husky fans saying "there's something shady going on at USC" because a kid got flipped. I wonder if they think "something shady is going on" when a kid flips to UW?

What kind of shady shenanigans were going on that caused Sankey to flip?:scratch:
TF12 made a post more or less asking what kind of shady shit that UW poster was talking about and attempted to flip it to some other situation.
There was some mention up here about one of his relatives getting a job at USC, but I'm not sure there was any credibility to it as it was more or less said in back channels and might just have been speculation. I don't engage in that crap unless there are mainstream media links to that kind of thing and I never saw any.
And I explained what he may have been talking about.

AND VERY CLEARLY SAID THERE IS NOTHING TO IT THAT I COULD FIND

There is no one with an understanding of the English language that can state I started a rumor from that.

That's just patently fucking stupid.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Ive read Peterson considers a kid commited when he no longer takes visits. So I'm not assuming anything. If you dont visit other schools you are limiting yourself. How many kids commit to a school they dont visit? So by telling them they aren't really commited if they go visit other schools he's strongarming them into not seeing whats out there , if things have changed at another school he might have considered before.
I love your :L you post all the time . Is that to show us how blind you are to the facts..

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let me help you since you seem lost oldtimer,

TF12 made a post more or less asking what kind of shady shit that UW poster was talking about and attempted to flip it to some other situation.

And I explained what he may have been talking about.

AND VERY CLEARLY SAID THERE IS NOTHING TO IT THAT I COULD FIND

There is no one with an understanding of the English language that can state I started a rumor from that.

That's just patently fucking stupid.
You're the one that is coming across as a whiny bitch. You can't/couldn't find anything anywhere about his relatives getting a job at USC. I just called you a whiny bitch. If you couldn't find anything in regards to his relatives getting a job at USC, then why would you post anything at all. Time to move on.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ive read Peterson considers a kid commited when he no longer takes visits. So I'm not assuming anything. If you dont visit other schools you are limiting yourself. How many kids commit to a school they dont visit? So by telling them they aren't really commited if they go visit other schools he's strongarming them into not seeing whats out there , if things have changed at another school he might have considered before.
I love your :L you post all the time . Is that to show us how blind you are to the facts..
This is what you said...

And I said he clearly has all sorts of stuff out there to read where he seriously pushes kids not to commit until they speak to as many other teams/coaches/advisers as they wish. THAT is a fact, and it CLEARLY flies in the face of your assumptions.

Care to try again? Or tired of being shown up yet?