• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

THE PAC 12 THREAD v.5

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oregon got 3* ATH Bruce Judson yesterday. Offers included WSU, Ohio State, Alabama, Auburn, Arizona, Clemson, Florida, Florida State, Georgia, Kentucky, Louisville, Miami, Mich St, Neb, UNC, Oregon State, TCU, Tenn, UCLA, VT, WVU

and today 3* ATH Demetri Burch who had offers from Kentucky, Louisville, West Virginia

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seriously??? Mora is an atomic jackass who can't keep assistants to save his life. Jones spent months now praising Washington and our coaches. This makes absolutely no sense. Then again, the Marlon Tuipulotu thing didn't make sense either besides the rumblings about something very shady going on with USC and his enrollment date.
LOL, now there is something shady going on with USC, because Marlon Tuipulotu changed his mind and wanted to play for USC.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oregon got 3* ATH Bruce Judson yesterday. Offers included WSU, Ohio State, Alabama, Auburn, Arizona, Clemson, Florida, Florida State, Georgia, Kentucky, Louisville, Miami, Mich St, Neb, UNC, Oregon State, TCU, Tenn, UCLA, VT, WVU

and today 3* ATH Demetri Burch who had offers from Kentucky, Louisville, West Virginia

Thats a whole bunch of offers for that kid. He must have played various positions in HS.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol @Husky fans saying "there's something shady going on at USC" because a kid got flipped. I wonder if they think "something shady is going on" when a kid flips to UW?

What kind of shady shenanigans were going on that caused Sankey to flip?:scratch:

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doesn't every recruit say good things about the school he commited to? So does it only make no sense when they decommit from UW? Or are you equally perplexed when previously commited recruits flip to UW?
I find it a little odd that Peterson wants recruits to shut down the recruiting process when they commit to UW but will go after players commited to other schools.
He has ALWAYS had a steadfast rule that he will NOT ever talk to a recruit at a school with a HC that does not wish for their players to still take visits after committing.

Does his stuff his way, but he's consistent in dealing with it and practices what he preaches. Not sure how many others actually request no contact after a commitment, but he respects any/all that do.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol @Husky fans saying "there's something shady going on at USC" because a kid got flipped. I wonder if they think "something shady is going on" when a kid flips to UW?

What kind of shady shenanigans were going on that caused Sankey to flip?:scratch:
There was some mention up here about one of his relatives getting a job at USC, but I'm not sure there was any credibility to it as it was more or less said in back channels and might just have been speculation. I don't engage in that crap unless there are mainstream media links to that kind of thing and I never saw any.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now that you mention it, that does seem a tad hypocritical.
How is it hypocritical to ask for people to respect the same boundaries he does? He won't talk to a recruit at any school that asks for their players not to take visits after committing. Now we can talk all day about how silly it might be in this era to think just asking kids not to talk to people will actually work, but that's a different topic from actually being a hypocrite.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He has ALWAYS had a steadfast rule that he will NOT ever talk to a recruit at a school with a HC that does not wish for their players to still take visits after committing.

Does his stuff his way, but he's consistent in dealing with it and practices what he preaches. Not sure how many others actually request no contact after a commitment, but he respects any/all that do.

Most coaches dont feel they own the player just because they commited or should limit his options if he chooses a different path. I'm sure they all hope they stop looking but it still looks bad that youd go after a kid commited to another school while telling youre players you expect a commitment and thats tha, n talking to other schools. What coach is going to tell you to stay away he's mine? If the kid chooses that fine . But you put it so nice it almost sounds reasonable.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How is it hypocritical to ask for people to respect the same boundaries he does? He won't talk to a recruit at any school that asks for their players not to take visits after committing. Now we can talk all day about how silly it might be in this era to think just asking kids not to talk to people will actually work, but that's a different topic from actually being a hypocrite.

Its hypocritical because he expects his no not take any more visits. Other coaches don't put that kind of pressure or rules on a kid just to make sure he doesnt wander. If he didnt talk to recruits who have commited then that would be living up to the standards he puts on the recruits.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its hypocritical because he expects his no not take any more visits. Other coaches don't put that kind of pressure or rules on a kid just to make sure he doesnt wander. If he didnt talk to recruits who have commited then that would be living up to the standards he puts on the recruits.
That's just stupid. :L

From what I've read there are others who ask for their recruits to shut down visits and Petersen will not allow any of his staff to talk to kids committed to those institutions.

There is no hypocrisy in that at all.

Not even a 'tad'.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Most coaches dont feel they own the player just because they commited or should limit his options if he chooses a different path. I'm sure they all hope they stop looking but it still looks bad that youd go after a kid commited to another school while telling youre players you expect a commitment and thats tha, n talking to other schools. What coach is going to tell you to stay away he's mine? If the kid chooses that fine . But you put it so nice it almost sounds reasonable.
He asks the kids not to take visits, he doesn't go out and tell every coach in america not to try to talk to his kids.

Again, criticize that notion all you want. I don't defend it. But saying he's a hypocrite is just plain old wrong. And staying on that line shows how much you just want to be a contrarian.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's just stupid. :L

From what I've read there are others who ask for their recruits to shut down visits and Petersen will not allow any of his staff to talk to kids committed to those institutions.

There is no hypocrisy in that at all.

Not even a 'tad'.
Total hypocrisy. If he poaches another commited recruit while not allowing his to talk to anyone or make visits then thats what he is. Do you think WSU coaches wanted him to flip the recruit last week? Were they hoping he would stay? yes of course but they didn't made demands on him to limit his options BEFORE he signs.

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There was some mention up here about one of his relatives getting a job at USC, but I'm not sure there was any credibility to it as it was more or less said in back channels and might just have been speculation. I don't engage in that crap unless there are mainstream media links to that kind of thing and I never saw any.
Just curious but where did you read or hear about his relatives getting a job at USC? I would like to read that ariticle.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He asks the kids not to take visits, he doesn't go out and tell every coach in america not to try to talk to his kids.

Again, criticize that notion all you want. I don't defend it. But saying he's a hypocrite is just plain old wrong. And staying on that line shows how much you just want to be a contrarian.

He asks them to shut down their recruiting process.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You would argue against someone saying the sky is blue.

It's not hypocrisy in any way. Period. And any reasonable person would not support that it is.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just curious but where did you read or hear about his relatives getting a job at USC? I would like to read that ariticle.
I said it was in back channels. Like people around the school talking about it. Read others talking about it on fan sites. Not one word in any real media which is what I said already. I don't take any of it seriously until someone at a credible site lists facts.

But someone brought up the 'funny business' and that's the only thing I had heard/read about and don't find it credible because it's not out there in the public.