• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

THE PAC 12 THREAD v.5

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not to sure about blades. He does have USC in his top 5. But I see him going to Nebraska. It is possible. Hoping the pull off Tufele. They are definitely making a play on Lewis,Jones,Jackson and another big time wr/athlete. Could see Falo at TE but spots are getting Tight. If they get their top targets targets. They may need some luck another decommit from a 3 star.Or some Helton magic

As much as I like the highly rated players I dont like late decommitments because you know its because the school has the ear of someone they like better. But i guess when you kinda stunk up the place early in the season you dont get the love from the big time recruits till after they see you are headed in a good direction and they see other good player jumping aboard.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
3* guys like Kani Benoit has been a solid back to give some guys a breather. but not really a feature back. maybe if he was at a smaller school he would be.
adds depth behind guys like Freeman, Tony Brooks James, Griffin, and Benoit.
I would be surprised if any of them see the field outside of maybe special teams next season.
odds are only 1 will do much for Oregon over their career.
hopefully they find that diamond in the ruff or they bring in a 4 or 5 * guy next year.

Well you have the luxury of Freeman coming back so no need to panic. Freshmen RBs can jump right in next season.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As much as I like the highly rated players I dont like late decommitments because you know its because the school has the ear of someone they like better. But i guess when you kinda stunk up the place early in the season you dont get the love from the big time recruits till after they see you are headed in a good direction and they see other good player jumping aboard.
We already had a few decommits. At the time a lot of people seem to have mistook it for weak SC recruiting. However its looking like they may be the result of the recruiting class growing stringer. Im not fond of deccommits.But I cant blame the kids if they feel they won't receive the playing time.They may get elsewhere.Theres a long way to go and a lot of rumors at the moment

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well folks have different opinions about that.....

I don't see how. Florida State, Auburn, Ohio State, Alabama and Florida when Urban was there have won the majority of NCs in the past eight years and you can go back to the prior four years recruiting and see that they were at or near the top.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We already had a few decommits. At the time a lot of people seem to have mistook it for weak SC recruiting. However its looking like they may be the result of the recruiting class growing stringer. Im not fond of deccommits.But I cant blame the kids if they feel they won't receive the playing time.They may get elsewhere.Theres a long way to go and a lot of rumors at the moment

I saw those too about a month ago. They had many options so its not like they wont end up on a team. But when given the choice of staying and maybe never playing or decommit and end up on a team that needs you then it was a good choice to leave.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see how. Florida State, Auburn, Ohio State, Alabama and Florida when Urban was there have won the majority of NCs in the past eight years and you can go back to the prior four years recruiting and see that they were at or near the top.

I know what you are saying and history has proven the big boys with their big time recruits have won I'm just saying it doesn't kill a program that has 3* that come in and play above that whole star system....

I'm sure somewhere on the interweb there is a write up about guys that were rated 3* or under played themselves into the NFL and have above average careers.........

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw those too about a month ago. They had many options so its not like they wont end up on a team. But when given the choice of staying and maybe never playing or decommit and end up on a team that needs you then it was a good choice to leave.
I agree best chance to play plays a big role.As far as signing day SC is in play with a lot of elite talent. Signing day has the potential to be extremely interesting.Could see some potential surprises from SC :hope:

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know what you are saying and history has proven the big boys with their big time recruits have won I'm just saying it doesn't kill a program that has 3* that come in and play above that whole star system....

I'm sure somewhere on the interweb there is a write up about guys that were rated 3* or under played themselves into the NFL and have above average careers.........

You're right. Some 3*s can come and do turn into good or great players. Heck Clay Mathews was a walk on. But the reason players are 4-5 stars coming out of HS is because they are usually bigger and faster than everyone else coming out of HS. Look at the freshman and sophomores on Alabama. They look like full ass grown men. Now there are much more 3* players and so out of that huge bunch there are some that just haven't matured and they end up being better than some 4-5 stars late in college or in the pros. But you recruit for right now. You can't fill up on 3*s and just hope they all are better than their rating. You might be right one year out of six but the majority are 3* and will play like 3* for four years. Team like Ohio State , Alabama get these 4-5 star beasts and play them right away and dominate . There are teams like Iowa and Stanford and Wisconsin who get big boys on the lines and can afford to wait because their guys are going to be there four years and they wait till they are Jrs and Srs to play them.
You guys at Washington are lucky to have a really good coach who might make up some of the difference but he can't help a 3* O lineman of yours when he's going up against some kid whos going to be playing in the NFL in two years.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fact is you have to reach the level where you are consistently a top 25 caliber team before you can routinely pull in higher 4* counts, and then you have to consistently reach the top 10 or so to start getting 5*'s to even look at you seriously.

Oregon was there a few years ago, but this is a new era and the recruits know that. They have to prove it all over again.

UW had a solid top 10 finish... once. It isn't enough yet to seriously get the beef to take on that last level. It's coming along quite nicely though. Those numbers will increase if they stay relevant on the national stage. I do think they will always lose out on some with that whole OKG thing, as I think a lot of the more spoiled top tier famous right out of high school type player is going to find that level of accountability more problematic. But as long as they are able to take those 3's and 4's and continue to play well above their ratings out of high school, they will keep being a deep threat.

Obviously blue blood programs don't have that same ramp up time over years to reach that level of recruiting. It more or less falls in their laps with little effort if things are aligned for them.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fact is you have to reach the level where you are consistently a top 25 caliber team before you can routinely pull in higher 4* counts, and then you have to consistently reach the top 10 or so to start getting 5*'s to even look at you seriously.

Oregon was there a few years ago, but this is a new era and the recruits know that. They have to prove it all over again.

UW had a solid top 10 finish... once. It isn't enough yet to seriously get the beef to take on that last level. It's coming along quite nicely though. Those numbers will increase if they stay relevant on the national stage. I do think they will always lose out on some with that whole OKG thing, as I think a lot of the more spoiled top tier famous right out of high school type player is going to find that level of accountability more problematic. But as long as they are able to take those 3's and 4's and continue to play well above their ratings out of high school, they will keep being a deep threat.

Obviously blue blood programs don't have that same ramp up time over years to reach that level of recruiting. It more or less falls in their laps with little effort if things are aligned for them.

With Peterson you have the coach. Washington pulled talent our of Cali when they were good so if things fall in place and so far they seem to be, you guys will be fighting for top spot for years to come.
Whats OKG? Our kinda guy?

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With Peterson you have the coach. Washington pulled talent our of Cali when they were good so if things fall in place and so far they seem to be, you guys will be fighting for top spot for years to come.
Whats OKG? Our kinda guy?
Yeah, it's what he calls his brand of loyalty, work ethic, accountability, etc. Players that fit their mold.

I mean I know Saban can be strict and those old school coaches still exist and some are successful at getting those high target kids, but this is a new era and it doesn't play to as many kids as it probably used to.

There is no doubt Petersen will continue to get more and more 4's and a few 5's if he keeps them in the relevancy zone, but he will miss out on some that might otherwise go there with some of that stuff.

TROJAN-MAN

Been around the block more times than the mailman
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't forget , they got Je’Quari Godfrey to flip from the Cal to the USC . He's not as highly ranked mainly because he played various positions , but for a CB where they want to play him he has size and athleticism . He's listed at 6’2” and 185 lbs and his 40 is 4.4 . Together with these two safteys USC with be tough to throw on in a couple years.

This is truly a diamond in the rough this kid is going to kick ass

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, it's what he calls his brand of loyalty, work ethic, accountability, etc. Players that fit their mold.

I mean I know Saban can be strict and those old school coaches still exist and some are successful at getting those high target kids, but this is a new era and it doesn't play to as many kids as it probably used to.

There is no doubt Petersen will continue to get more and more 4's and a few 5's if he keeps them in the relevancy zone, but he will miss out on some that might otherwise go there with some of that stuff.

Notre Dame has RKG. Which stood or stands for right kinda guys. Didn't help them much with that coach of theres. Multiple arrests and cheating on tests and from what I hear no leadership from the seniors.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is truly a diamond in the rough this kid is going to kick ass
Pili may also be a diamond in the rough at NT. Big league size,athleticism and a lot of upside. Gotta love the size and talent they added at safety too tho

Bubba Bolden 6-3, 188
Isaiah Pola-Mao 6-4, 190
and thats not including cook in that secondary at 6-3 185

Im not liking Carr's OV with UCLA he is a big piece but we will see. SC has OV's with Greg Johnson and Jordan Lewis this weekend. And are still big players with some other top tier recruits

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pili may also be a diamond in the rough at NT. Big league size,athleticism and a lot of upside. Gotta love the size and talent they added at safety too tho

Bubba Bolden 6-3, 188
Isaiah Pola-Mao 6-4, 190
and thats not including cook in that secondary at 6-3 185

Im not liking Carr's OV with UCLA he is a big piece but we will see. SC has OV's with Greg Johnson and Jordan Lewis this weekend. And are still big players with some other top tier recruits

Thats the trouble with kids who commit way early. About this time they feel left out and want to get some love from other schools and they can be swayed. But I dont see what UCLA can tell him to make him not want to go to USC . They have changed OCs pretty much every year as well as the O line coach. The reason Rosen got hurt was because he was running for his life half the time.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thats the trouble with kids who commit way early. About this time they feel left out and want to get some love from other schools and they can be swayed. But I dont see what UCLA can tell him to make him not want to go to USC . They have changed OCs pretty much every year as well as the O line coach. The reason Rosen got hurt was because he was running for his life half the time.
With the SC system and Rojo going into his junior year.Theres a lot of potential for Carr at SC.He is a perfect fit for SC's system. A ton of room for him to make a major impact with SC imo

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With the SC system and Rojo going into his junior year.Theres a lot of potential for Carr at SC.He is a perfect fit for SC's system. A ton of room for him to make a major impact with SC imo

He's the #2 or #3 RB in the country. He's a game changer on offense. I hope he stays commited. UCLA got that kid from Texas a cpl years back Soso Jambo (or something close) who was supposed to be good and he still might be good but he hasn't done anything with that line of theres.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's the #2 or #3 RB in the country. He's a game changer on offense. I hope he stays commited. UCLA got that kid from Texas a cpl years back Soso Jambo (or something close) who was supposed to be good and he still might be good but he hasn't done anything with that line of theres.
SC also made some great addition on the O line. And still have Jackson in play. Carr is a game changer. But with what SC is building he has a very high ceiling for a dynamic future .Hope he stays put