• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

THE PAC 12 THREAD v.5

DHoey

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,893.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's going to be interesting. Helton had never been a head coach before either and so far doing ok. So you gotta wait and see. Wilcox drove most USC fans crazy his time here as DC especially since it cost USC a lot to get him to come down with Sark. I'm glad he's picked up Tuiasasopo. I've always liked him.
He's been steadily moving up the ranks since he began coaching, although he has bounced around quite a bit. UCLA twice, USC, UW, and now Cal. Not sure what to think about that.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's been steadily moving up the ranks since he began coaching, although he has bounced around quite a bit. UCLA twice, USC, UW, and now Cal. Not sure what to think about that.

Well I think it's a good sign. People pick him up and getting let go at UCLA was probably better for him because Mora is toxic. Cal usually gets some good talent at QB so he will get his chance to shine. We don't know how ambitious he is . He might just be looking to be an assistant. Not all want the responsibility of being a head coach or OC , so he might be happy where he is now.

DHoey

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,893.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I think it's a good sign. People pick him up and getting let go at UCLA was probably better for him because Mora is toxic. Cal usually gets some good talent at QB so he will get his chance to shine. We don't know how ambitious he is . He might just be looking to be an assistant. Not all want the responsibility of being a head coach or OC , so he might be happy where he is now.
Very well could be. I hope he does well down there.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Give me credit for one thing though @trojanfan12, at least the posts are shorter these days. Remember the novel wars between smiles and I, well really smiles and almost everyone back on CBS? :L

lol I remember those. You are definitely more brief and to the point. Smiles was something else.

Man, I miss a few people that never made it over, but I really don't miss that board overall. The worst of the worst here doesn't come to within 20% of the shit that went down there.

Couldn't agree more.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cal is getting pretty scary. It'll take some time but Berkeley isn't that tough to recruit to. Pretty much every hire has been + IMO.

There were about 3 or so seasons during the Pete Carroll era where Cal was one of USC's biggest threat in the PAC.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually at the time Wilcox was hired I said it was a "great hire" and someone questioned my word "great" which they had every right, so I use the word "good" now until they start winning some ball games then I'll go back to "great"...
I was with you when that was announced and said it looked like a good choice for both Wilcox and Cal. Now that he has his staff in place they just look like a program that can turn things around. Do they have the athletes to do so quickly? Probably not. At least on offense. Still a program to watch.

Always felt like Dykes should have had more results out of what he was working with. We will see what Wilcox and his staff can do there with a program that is never going to have fanatical support.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pac-12's new coordinators inherit tough challenges

Good breakdown of all of the new coordinators around the conference and the challenges each will face this year.

Outside of Cal and Oregon with their entire staff changeovers, 4 of the 6 teams in the south have at least one new coordinator coming in this year. Will any of them make a jump based on those changes? Still not sold that Utah can up their offense no matter who is calling the plays until they find a real QB and ASU had far more problems than who was managing their defense last year.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I'm not saying their going to be a power house next season, but three years from now with some stout recruiting they could very easy moving up the food chain in the Pac....

Always liked Wilcox, even when he was here with Sark, and before the Coach Pete hire I was a little hoping he would be considered for the UW head job...

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually at the time Wilcox was hired I said it was a "great hire" and someone questioned my word "great" which they had every right, so I use the word "good" now until they start winning some ball games then I'll go back to "great"...
im just someone now?
:sadbron:

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There were about 3 or so seasons during the Pete Carroll era where Cal was one of USC's biggest threat in the PAC.

But didn't Cal just pass or trying to pass where an athlete must maintain a 3.0 to be eligible to play sports? I heard that on the radio the other day when one beat writer in the SF area said Cal should just abolish the football program.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Give me credit for one thing though @trojanfan12, at least the posts are shorter these days. Remember the novel wars between smiles and I, well really smiles and almost everyone back on CBS? :L

Man, I miss a few people that never made it over, but I really don't miss that board overall. The worst of the worst here doesn't come to within 20% of the shit that went down there.

TLDR
was usually how I commented to those on CBS

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TLDR
was usually how I commented to those on CBS
Oh I doubt anyone involved in those wordy wars cared if anyone else ever read any of it.

Smiles was fun to mess with. He was BSU's OD for sure. Not so much now that Boise isn't in the spotlight.

CCF151

Low flying fruit bat!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Helfrich had hired Wilcox instead of Hoke he might still be a head coach...

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Helfrich had hired Wilcox instead of Hoke he might still be a head coach...
if he would have kicked extra points and just started Herbert from day 1 he may have as well

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you better off now with Helf gone? Or do you wish he had done those things that would have salvaged that Kelly lineage?

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you better off now with Helf gone? Or do you wish he had done those things that would have salvaged that Kelly lineage?
I would have been fine with them seeing what he could do next season. there were a lot of injuries and young players in.
also good with what Taggart has been doing.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saguaro Arizona 4* Saftey KJ Jarrell commits to ASU over USC and Cal

UtahUte

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,143.80
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pac-12's new coordinators inherit tough challenges

Good breakdown of all of the new coordinators around the conference and the challenges each will face this year.

Outside of Cal and Oregon with their entire staff changeovers, 4 of the 6 teams in the south have at least one new coordinator coming in this year. Will any of them make a jump based on those changes? Still not sold that Utah can up their offense no matter who is calling the plays until they find a real QB and ASU had far more problems than who was managing their defense last year.
Dood us here in Utah k ow it was the play calling.
TW is a pussy yes he could of ran more
But he didn't. With this new offense
Scheme coming from Troy Taylor it so
Much better and QB friendly I think.
Also Whittingham is giving full Raines to
Troy to run the offense.
Whitt has had his hand in the Offense
It was pathetic. Do I see
9+ wins sure.
Our defense has s where it's at
I will admit which isin't
a bad thing. The offense was just stale