• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

THE PAC 12 THREAD v.5

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol @the typical Wiz response. "No one agrees with me, so I'm going to hit them with a convoluted wall of text claiming that everyone else is stupid/butthurt/whining/trolling/carrying on for page after page."

It's this simple: he won't try to flip any other schools recruits except for those schools that haven't publicly stated that they have the same rule he does. It's simply coincidental that most other schools don't have that rule, leaving him quite a large number of schools that fit into his self created loophole.
You forgot butchering his name. Spelling his name wrong completely changes everything. I guess if a recruit commits to Peterson the rule is void.And he can go on an OV to another school. Or If Peterson doesn't use proper grammar that excuses the loophole so he can pursue committed recruits. :noidea:

IMO other coaches should just start tweeting him saying they don't want him pursuing their commits. Apparently he doesn't know.I thought that was common sense. However I would prefer other coaches maintain the the professional approach. And follow the recruiting process through.By supporting their commits rather than giving them ultimatums. While demonstrating practices that contradict ones own policy.That just seems sketchy.

Recruiting has changed over the years. Especially with the rise of social media and other venues. But I believe the one constant is hard work by coaching staffs.Without these gimmick recruiting practices used to pressure kids. Does show a lot and garners a lot more respect from these student athletes. When making one of the biggest decisions in their lives.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol @the typical Wiz response. "No one agrees with me, so I'm going to hit them with a convoluted wall of text claiming that everyone else is stupid/butthurt/whining/trolling/carrying on for page after page."

It's this simple: he won't try to flip any other schools recruits except for those schools that haven't publicly stated that they have the same rule he does. It's simply coincidental that most other schools don't have that rule, leaving him quite a large number of schools that fit into his self created loophole.
No, it's simple that his rules have nothing to do with other coaches. You can all keep trying to make it that, but it isn't. It's between him and his kids. When they ask other kids if they are open to visits/offers and they say no he respects that. And that's ALL he asks of others. He knows full well not all of the kids that commit to UW will stay committed. Those that get cold feet and look for other options are told they aren't going to hold their scholarship. Nothing more.

As for carrying on page after page? Are you fucking serious right now? :pound: I mean I'm getting pounded by 3 USC fans over something pretty minor (as usual) and yet I'M the one keeping it going?
:burt:

Wow, just wow.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You forgot butchering his name. Spelling his name wrong completely changes everything. I guess if a recruit commits to Peterson the rule is void.And he can go on an OV to another school. Or If Peterson doesn't use proper grammar that excuses the loophole so he can pursue committed recruits. :noidea:

IMO other coaches should just start tweeting him saying they don't want him pursuing their commits. Apparently he doesn't know.I thought that was common sense. However I would prefer other coaches maintain the the professional approach. And follow the recruiting process through.By supporting their commits rather than giving them ultimatums. While demonstrating practices that contradict ones own policy.That just seems sketchy.

Recruiting has changed over the years. Especially with the rise of social media and other venues. But I believe the one constant is hard work by coaching staffs.Without these gimmick recruiting practices used to pressure kids. Does show a lot and garners a lot more respect from these student athletes. When making one of the biggest decisions in their lives.
Spelling his name wrong just to try and provoke others just proves you really don't believe the rest of the BS you are trying to sell. It's proof you are trolling. Which you have a very LONG history of doing so it's no surprise.

You know his correct name and refuse to use it. That says a lot about what this is really all about.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Spelling his name wrong just to try and provoke others just proves you really don't believe the rest of the BS you are trying to sell. It's proof you are trolling. Which you have a very LONG history of doing so it's no surprise.

You know his correct name and refuse to use it. That says a lot about what this is really all about.
Thinking people are spelling his name wrong on purpose.Is either paranoia.Or avoiding the topic. This has nothing to do with the topic. I'll make it easier. Why do you find it acceptable for Washington to hold a no OV or contact policy.If they also actively pursue other teams commits? Do you not think that is hypocritical? I don't buy the its not the other teams policy so its ok. Seems more like a control move. Trying to gain an edge through ultimatums.While contradicting their own policy through their recruiting actions. But yeah its a lot easier to say someone is trolling.Or complain about spelling.Rather than discuss the facts :L And there has been a whole lot of facts posted by multiple posters :L

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thinking people are spelling his name wrong on purpose.Is either paranoia.Or avoiding the topic. This has nothing to do with the topic. I'll make it easier. Why do you find it acceptable for Washington to hold a no OV or contact policy.If they also actively pursue other teams commits? Do you not think that is hypocritical? I don't buy the its not the other teams policy so its ok. Seems more like a control move. Trying to gain an edge through ultimatums.While contradicting their own policy through their recruiting actions. But yeah its a lot easier to say someone is trolling.Or complain about spelling.Rather than discuss the facts :L And there has been a whole lot of facts posted by multiple posters :L
1. I've corrected both you and Jim several times on his name. So has dayman, and others. Several TODAY in fact, and yet you keep doing it. There is no doubt you do it on purpose. You have a long history of that sort of petty thing and you know it.

2. I didn't say I support the policy. That's a different topic than is it hypocritical and I've said why it isn't exhaustively and yet you 3 can't accept it. You all just want to keep patting each other on the back for the same stuff that has been debunked already.

I've made it so simple it can't be mistaken. He does nothing to anyone he doesn't allow in his program. Nothing. He asks his kids to shut down visits and recruiting. When his staff approaches other kids if they say they are committed and shut down he backs away. It's that simple. No, there isn't a stitch of hypocrisy in that. He doesn't make it about other coaches, but you all MUST do that to have your petty little fit over it.

Again, I'll wait for oly or someone else not looking to troll up stuff to chime in.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Keep it real Wiz, Leach I'm sure has some rule about recruits and had his solid verbal commit then Petersen went against his code and made another recruit go against his word and flip..it's recruiting. Can't say he has a moral code then does the immoral thing by only giving a scholarship to a kid because he had one open up.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. I've corrected both you and Jim several times on his name. So has dayman, and others. Several TODAY in fact, and yet you keep doing it. There is no doubt you do it on purpose. You have a long history of that sort of petty thing and you know it.

2. I didn't say I support the policy. That's a different topic than is it hypocritical and I've said why it isn't exhaustively and yet you 3 can't accept it. You all just want to keep patting each other on the back for the same stuff that has been debunked already.

I've made it so simple it can't be mistaken. He does nothing to anyone he doesn't allow in his program. Nothing. He asks his kids to shut down visits and recruiting. When his staff approaches other kids if they say they are committed and shut down he backs away. It's that simple. No, there isn't a stitch of hypocrisy in that. He doesn't make it about other coaches, but you all MUST do that to have your petty little fit over it.

Again, I'll wait for oly or someone else not looking to troll up stuff to chime in.
If you believe it is being done on purpose you may be a bit paranoid. And I really do not see where grammar applies to the topic.

If you would like to discuss your stance on the policy.Or whether you support it. I would be more than happy to hear your stance on the policy.

I do believe you are completely missing the point.And going off in an odd direction in regards to the topic.As was stated just because you disagree with the opinions of others.Does not mean they are trolling. It simply means other people have a different opinion. If you do not want to discuss the view points regarding the policy.Or the actions many feel contradict the values the policy is supposed to represent is your choice.

There have been many very legitimate facts,analysis and opinions expressed by many posters.And they are all based on both the policy.As well as the practices of the university which are very contradictory toward the principles of the policy. Which have been broken down several times now.Maybe you should take a little time and read and absorb the posts and responses regarding the topic.I think you may be missing quite a bit of the content.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Keep it real Wiz, Leach I'm sure has some rule about recruits and had his solid verbal commit then Petersen went against his code and made another recruit go against his word and flip..it's recruiting. Can't say he has a moral code then does the immoral thing by only giving a scholarship to a kid because he had one open up.
:dingdingding:

Thank god! You get it :thumb:

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wiz's stance is like the married guy who cheats on his wife but expects her not to on him. It says on a piece of paper she isn't suppose to cheat but if he does that document is overlooked.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Show me where he has pushed a kid that said no. Until one of you do, it's not valid. His policy isn't about other coaches, it's about his kids. You all keep trying to flip it to being about the coaches. Show proof of your work or it's not valid. Sorry.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wiz's stance is like the married guy who cheats on his wife but expects her not to on him. It says on a piece of paper she isn't suppose to cheat but if he does that document is overlooked.
As long as the other man doesn't have the same commitment policy when it comes to his wife :L

I really didn't think this concept was that complicated :L

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you two are on about married couples and accuse me of changing the topic or going off on unrelated tangents?

:lol:

Hilarious.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Show me where he has pushed a kid that said no. Until one of you do, it's not valid. His policy isn't about other coaches, it's about his kids. You all keep trying to flip it to being about the coaches. Show proof of your work or it's not valid. Sorry.

There's no proof, it's hypocritical that he has a policy with kids but not others people's kids. Again, it's the marriage analogy. He'd be fine with cheating on his wife but would beat her ass if she steps out because she is his.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's no proof, it's hypocritical that he has a policy with kids but not others people's kids. Again, it's the marriage analogy. He'd be fine with cheating on his wife but would beat her ass if she steps out because she is his.
Didn't he poach Boise State when he left? I know Joe Tryon was committed to Wazzu when he flipped him.Amongst other committed players. Seems pretty hypocritical to me. Has a policy to prevent Husky commits from contact with other universities. Has no problem going after other teams commits. But its all about integrity.............

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So the kids have choices and can flip anytime they wish, unless it's to UW because you all said so.

Neat.

TROJAN-MAN

Been around the block more times than the mailman
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought I read some where coach Petersen stated that he would NOT contact a recruit that had already committed to a program, He stated that he would contact that recruit, only after consent from that programs coach...

I may be wrong or mis-read the article, but that's what I recall

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought I read some where coach Petersen stated that he would NOT contact a recruit that had already committed to a program, He stated that he would contact that recruit, only after consent from that programs coach...

I may be wrong or mis-read the article, but that's what I recall
But he didn't say his staff members wouldn't contact them.... loopholes:think: Based on his policy and the values he claims they stand for. And the practices in regards to pursuing other teams commits.It does look pretty hypocritical shady at best imo. Definitely contradicts his policy

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, it's simple that his rules have nothing to do with other coaches. You can all keep trying to make it that, but it isn't. It's between him and his kids. When they ask other kids if they are open to visits/offers and they say no he respects that. And that's ALL he asks of others. He knows full well not all of the kids that commit to UW will stay committed. Those that get cold feet and look for other options are told they aren't going to hold their scholarship. Nothing more.

As for carrying on page after page? Are you fucking serious right now? :pound: I mean I'm getting pounded by 3 USC fans over something pretty minor (as usual) and yet I'M the one keeping it going?
:burt:

Wow, just wow.

What another load of crap and deflection. The fact is that he only honors a deal is a deal when it's another school that has the same rules. He's still perfectly okay with flipping kids from schools that don't have his rule. You can keep trying to pretend that isn't the case, but it is.

As for carrying on for page after page, you constantly complain about others (especially jim) carrying on for page after page while you are doing the same fucking thing. Your getting pounded on because you decided to jump in and try to defend Petersen when he got called out for creating a loophole for himself in his own "strongly held belief." You are doing more than your fair share of dragging it out for page after page...as usual.

As for it being minor, if it's so minor, then why are you so determined to keep defending him for it?

WABLTY

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree and I just don't think SC was a good fit for Keyshawn jr. Even with Juju gone SC is still very deep at wr. One of the things I really liked out of the Lewis visit wasn't just that he really likes SC. But he made it clear he isn't afraid to compete for a spot. Whether it be at WR or CB thats a very good trait. I'm really hoping Austin Jackson signs.Not just because he's a legacy or a beast of an athlete. But he has a great attitude.Reminds me of an Offensive line version of Darnold. The young man is all business and puts it on the field where it belongs.

Meet Austin Jackson, the nation's most low-key recruit

All the people supposedly in the know seem to think he's going to sign with USC, so it sounds good for you. I know there are some ASU people that think we're still very in it because were first in and his twitter is I guess mostly ASU or local stuff (I don't use it or facebook, just repeating what I read), but I'm not not getting my hopes up after every other major AZ lineman has gone elsewhere over the last several years.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What another load of crap and deflection. The fact is that he only honors a deal is a deal when it's another school that has the same rules. He's still perfectly okay with flipping kids from schools that don't have his rule. You can keep trying to pretend that isn't the case, but it is.

As for carrying on for page after page, you constantly complain about others (especially jim) carrying on for page after page while you are doing the same fucking thing. Your getting pounded on because you decided to jump in and try to defend Petersen when he got called out for creating a loophole for himself in his own "strongly held belief." You are doing more than your fair share of dragging it out for page after page...as usual.

As for it being minor, if it's so minor, then why are you so determined to keep defending him for it?
So 3 of you are going on and on and on for page after page but it's me that's keeping it going? That makes as much sense as anything else you all are pissing on about.

And no, your characterization is still quite off because you have to have it so to meet your preconceived narrative. Coaches are free to approach his kids. That's a fact. Show us something where he asks for or says anything in the media about other coaches talking to his kids. You won't and can't. So there is nothing at all wrong with him also talking to their kids, since that's what they ALL do anyway. I mean this is all rather simple stuff here.