• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

THE PAC 12 THREAD v.5

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you both keep butchering his name while ignoring what is really said and keep saying things that aren't said or aren't related and wonder why you aren't being taken seriously?

Start by getting his name right. I know you both know you are butchering it and are doing so on purpose. Just try that.

LOL You're a paranoid person. It took me a good year to get Kiffen or Kiffin right I still don't give a shit which one it is because A it doesn't matter and B I don't care. So I really dont care if I call him Peterson or Petersen or what ever it is. Because you know who i'm talking about and changing or forgetting the order of one letter is nothing . I don't cry when the barista at starbucks writes my name wrong so I really couldn't care less if i put in an extra letter or left one out or Petersons name.
I didn't whine and cry when people called Helton- Clay Aiken . I debated the actual topic. I dont remember saying please get his name right or I just can't take it. I also don't say shit when people write U$C. I just go about my business and debate the topic. The fact that you notice enough to bring it up is weird. The fact that it bothers you as if he's the King and God forbid you write his name wrong or off with your head.
The fact that you throw all this out to spin around the actual topic of Peterson being a hypocrite is quite amusing. Sad but amusing.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL You're a paranoid person. It took me a good year to get Kiffen or Kiffin right I still don't give a shit which one it is because A it doesn't matter and B I don't care. So I really dont care if I call him Peterson or Petersen or what ever it is. Because you know who i'm talking about and changing or forgetting the order of one letter is nothing . I don't cry when the barista at starbucks writes my name wrong so I really couldn't care less if i put in an extra letter or left one out or Petersons name.
I didn't whine and cry when people called Helton- Clay Aiken . I debated the actual topic. I dont remember saying please get his name right or I just can't take it. I also don't say shit when people write U$C. I just go about my business and debate the topic. The fact that you notice enough to bring it up is weird. The fact that it bothers you as if he's the King and God forbid you write his name wrong or off with your head.
The fact that you throw all this out to spin around the actual topic of Peterson being a hypocrite is quite amusing. Sad but amusing.
You know if you reply he's just going to keep going. Everyone knows petersen's recruiting policies.And his No contact rule.Its not like he hasn't been vocal about it.

So here’s how Petersen does it: When a player says he wants to commit to play football for the University of Washington, that player’s recruitment is, in effect, over. That’s how Petersen views it, anyway, and this much is articulated to the player in his commitment confirmation letter from UW.

And if at any point that player decides he wants to take another official visit (or visits) to other schools, then Petersen no longer considers him committed. In other words: If a recruit is looking at other schools, then UW is looking at other recruits at his position.

Petersen takes commitment very seriously.Unless it involves a player he wants to flip.Unfortunately no player is committed until they sign that paper. Its not always good times.But I prefer the hard work and recruiting process. To gimmicks ultimatums and loopholes.You can reply I'm not going to keep feeding him.He knows his coaches policies.And the hypocrisies within them :L

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All the people supposedly in the know seem to think he's going to sign with USC, so it sounds good for you. I know there are some ASU people that think we're still very in it because were first in and his twitter is I guess mostly ASU or local stuff (I don't use it or facebook, just repeating what I read), but I'm not not getting my hopes up after every other major AZ lineman has gone elsewhere over the last several years.
Jackson is announcing at 9AM PST on signing day. I'll look at the ASU recruiting targets in a bit. Ive been running through lot of SC recruiting sites and social media. How all has been well WABLTY :suds:

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So 3 of you are going on and on and on for page after page but it's me that's keeping it going? That makes as much sense as anything else you all are pissing on about.

And no, your characterization is still quite off because you have to have it so to meet your preconceived narrative. Coaches are free to approach his kids. That's a fact. Show us something where he asks for or says anything in the media about other coaches talking to his kids. You won't and can't. So there is nothing at all wrong with him also talking to their kids, since that's what they ALL do anyway. I mean this is all rather simple stuff here.

LOL. HE ASKS HIS RECRUITS TO SHUT DOWN THEIR PROCESS AND NOT TALK TO OTHER SCHOOLS AND COACHES. Did you get that? No one said he told the other coaches they can't try to approach his players. You keep saying that ,but no one is debating that. Now, no other coaches tell their recruits to not talk to others. By telling his recruits to not talk to others he has in effect blocked off their recruiting from other schools while he is free to talk to and recruit other teams commited players. Good lord, how many times and in how many ways does it have to be spelled out for you. It's hypocritical . Oh and look I didn't write his name once.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL. HE ASKS HIS RECRUITS TO SHUT DOWN THEIR PROCESS AND NOT TALK TO OTHER SCHOOLS AND COACHES. Did you get that? No one said he told the other coaches they can't try to approach his players. You keep saying that ,but no one is debating that. Now, no other coaches tell their recruits to not talk to others. By telling his recruits to not talk to others he has in effect blocked off their recruiting from other schools while he is free to talk to and recruit other teams commited players. Good lord, how many times and in how many ways does it have to be spelled out for you. It's hypocritical . Oh and look I didn't write his name once.
Perspective

It sounds better to say he doesn't tell other coaches they cant pursue recruits.Than to admit Washington recruits are not allowed to talk to other universities......... Now stop making sense :gaah:

WABLTY

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jackson is announcing at 9AM PST on signing day. I'll look at the ASU recruiting targets in a bit. Ive been running through lot of SC recruiting sites and social media. How all has been well WABLTY :suds:

We're having a poor cycle. No way around it, but it's not a surprise after 2 bad years and a ton of staff turnover between guys being shown the door or moving on to better jobs (two ASU assistants have become HC's). A few things could still break our way, but it looks like they're going to take a smaller class now instead of hand out a bunch of scholarships to marginal guys. There will be a few more- Evan Fields is the next guy on the list at safety and it looks like he'll be allowed to join the class if this weekend's last digit effort to flip/reflip/whatever Bolden doesn't pan out. Good player and it makes me happy that he prefers ASU over Furd and seems to have told Notre Dame to fuck off after a bad visit.

It'll all be over soon, but our Cali recruiting has sucked lately. The days of walking into a Corona Centennial and being the favorite are long gone. Something needs to change on that end.

Last edited:

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We're having a poor cycle. No way around it, but it's not a surprise after 2 bad years and a ton of staff turnover between guys being shown the door or moving on to better jobs (two ASU assistants have become HC's). A few things could still break our way, but it looks like they're going to take a smaller class now instead of hand out a bunch of scholarships to marginal guys. There will be a few more- Evan Fields is the next guy on the list at safety and it looks like he'll be allowed to join the class if this weekend's last digit effort to flip/reflip/whatever Bolden doesn't pan out. Good player and it makes me happy that he prefers ASU over Furd and seems to have told Notre Dame to fuck off after a bad visit.

It'll all be over soon, but our Cali recruiting has sucked lately. The days of walking into a Corona Centennial and being the favorite are long gone. Something needs to change on that end.
That may have had a bit to do with Nebraska. They've been hitting the Cali pipeline pretty hard this year. I think that may flip back in your direction in the future. Or ASU adjusts their pipelines. And starts recruiting different markets imo

WABLTY

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That may have had a bit to do with Nebraska. They've been hitting the Cali pipeline pretty hard this year. I think that may flip back in your direction in the future. Or ASU adjusts their pipelines. And starts recruiting different markets imo

Todd Graham just has an unhealthy fascination with trying to pull kids primarily from Texas and Louisiana despite being way down the food chain out there traditionally whereas ASU normally ate second and occasionally even won head to head after the Cali schools in So Cal.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Todd Graham just has an unhealthy fascination with trying to pull kids primarily from Texas and Louisiana despite being way down the food chain out there traditionally whereas ASU normally ate second and occasionally even won head to head after the Cali schools in So Cal.
There's no rational reason ASU can't get more high caliber kids from So cal than Nebraska.I'm not sure most of them know where Nebraska is and it' snot like they have been winning so much that they are household names here. It's a recruiting failure.

WABLTY

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's no rational reason ASU can't get more high caliber kids from So cal than Nebraska.I'm not sure most of them know where Nebraska is and it' snot like they have been winning so much that they are household names here. It's a recruiting failure.

No disagreement here. Graham's recruiting philosophy is flawed. I'm all for trying to get some kids from Texas, but he and his staff haven't put anywhere near as much emphasis on recruiting in California as he should have. He doesn't understand where ASU's bread gets buttered.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No disagreement here. Graham's recruiting philosophy is flawed. I'm all for trying to get some kids from Texas, but he and his staff haven't put anywhere near as much emphasis on recruiting in California as he should have. He doesn't understand where ASU's bread gets buttered.
It does look like you picked up a solid RB and WR. And are in the hunt for some 4 star players. Im working on some ASU recruiting circuits. But I believe the dead period is in progress. I think the silence started at 12

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Next three days is going to be a hell of a ride. Lots of commits left to announce.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Next three days is going to be a hell of a ride. Lots of commits left to announce.

Should be interesting . USC has five or six spots left I think. Lets see how many more 5*s Alabama gets.Curious to see where UCLA ends up. They have mad a late run at some good players. About a week ago In Washington they were talking about a sleeper recruit finally declaring. Not sure if that talk has died down.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
current Pac 12 recruiting rankings per Rivals

1. UCLA
2. USC
3. Stanford
4. Cal