• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

THE PAC 12 THREAD v.5

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
YOU"RE DOING THAT ON PURPOSE!!!! :gaah: :dhd: I fixed it in my autocorrect its Petersen now so its all good :dhd:

lol. Gods honest truth I never knew I was spelling it different. I just type it fast and thats what I write. That's why it was so funny that the guy went ape shit over that. I can't imagine freaking out if someone wrote Helten. I just laughed when I would see Clay Aiken or Helton Skelton.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol. Gods honest truth I never knew I was spelling it different. I just type it fast and thats what I write. That's why it was so funny that the guy went ape shit over that. I can't imagine freaking out if someone wrote Helten. I just laughed when I would see Clay Aiken.
Neither did I. I was more focussed on Petersen's no contact for commits rule. And how he doesn't follow it himself when pursuing other teams commits :noidea:

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you two are STILL at it. Who is it that can't let shit go around here?

:dhd:

Don't worry, it's a rhetorical question. We all know Jim can't EVER let anyone else have the last word on anything.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another attention seeking jackass that will announce on signing day.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Don't worry, it's a rhetorical question. We all know Jim can't EVER let anyone else have the last word on anything.
Me and Jim are discussing the Washington recruiting practices. As well as grammar. Are you trying to get the last word in again :dhd: Don't wory its a rhetorical question no need to answer :dhd:

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Me and Jim are discussing the Washington recruiting practices. As well as grammar. Are you trying to get the last word in again :dhd: Don't wory its a rhetorical question no need to answer :dhd:
Right, so you are now fully back to the same BS you used to do before you changed your name. Not really surprised. In fact, the surprise was that you kept yourself relatively tame for the last couple of months. Guess it was all too much and now your inner douche waffle is coming back out.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right, so you are now fully back to the same BS you used to do before you changed your name. Not really surprised. In fact, the surprise was that you kept yourself relatively tame for the last couple of months. Guess it was all too much and now your inner douche waffle is coming back out.
Sorry stopped paying attention after the Austin Jackson post. You may want to do your homework :L :L :L :laugh3: Not much different from your response to the topic of Petersen's recruiting practices.Change subjects and deflect. You can talk to Jim you may learn a nit about college football if you try :yawn:

Meet Austin Jackson, the nation's most low-key recruit

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

lol. What we can't have a laugh? We just wanted to fill in between recruiting talk and band talk . And who the fuck made you hall monitor?
Peterson. Sue me.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol. What we can't have a laugh? We just wanted to fill in between recruiting talk and band talk . And who the fuck made you hall monitor?
Hall monitor :spit: Sorry I cant stop laughing after the Jackson is an attention seeking jackass post. The kids as low key as it gets :dhd:

dpFbMEj.gif

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Put our BS aside. From all accounts this kid is really nice , a good person and will be a great addition to whoever gets him. I read the majority of his tweets are about his friends and their accomplishments rather than his own. I'm pretty sure you have put down people who talk crap about these kids when they make these decisions. So I hope you're just having a bad day.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Marlon Tuipulotu enrolled today. So he will be ready for spring ball. Considering how decimated USC was on the D line that extra work might get him in the lineup early.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Put our BS aside. From all accounts this kid is really nice , a good person and will be a great addition to whoever gets him. I read the majority of his tweets are about his friends and their accomplishments rather than his own. I'm pretty sure you have put down people who talk crap about these kids when they make these decisions. So I hope you're just having a bad day.
Naw, I told you yesterday (and have said it for years) that I hate the theatrics of signing day announcements. He isn't holding out because he hasn't made a decision yet, so make one and move on with it and let the other schools have a chance to go fill it with other deserving kids.

I find the practice very selfish and a move to seek attention. If this is out of character for him then someone should wake him up and set him straight. A true low key kid would come to a decision and announce it after they have made it.

What valid purpose is there in holding out until LOI day to announce your selection? It's a power trip because they know they are holding teams at bay and making them keep a spot for them that might not pan out and send them scrambling to fill it at the last second.

If a kid is really struggling and changes their mind this late, that's one thing. Change it and do whatever feels best for you. Doesn't mean we have to like it of course, but the others that just sit back and wait for LOI day really just annoy the crap out of me. Whether or not they pick UW. Shit or get off the pot.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Naw, I told you yesterday (and have said it for years) that I hate the theatrics of signing day announcements. He isn't holding out because he hasn't made a decision yet, so make one and move on with it and let the other schools have a chance to go fill it with other deserving kids.

I find the practice very selfish and a move to seek attention. If this is out of character for him then someone should wake him up and set him straight. A true low key kid would come to a decision and announce it after they have made it.

What valid purpose is there in holding out until LOI day to announce your selection? It's a power trip because they know they are holding teams at bay and making them keep a spot for them that might not pan out and send them scrambling to fill it at the last second.

If a kid is really struggling and changes their mind this late, that's one thing. Change it and do whatever feels best for you. Doesn't mean we have to like it of course, but the others that just sit back and wait for LOI day really just annoy the crap out of me. Whether or not they pick UW. Shit or get off the pot.

It's the same as announcing at the Army or Under armor game. Is it showboating , yeah but it's their day in the spotlight. I'm closer to the kids at SC and have seen Adoree , Juju and Mama announce like this and they were no trouble while at USC. If the kids a bad kid it doesn't matter how he announces if he's a decent kid it will be his day to shine and you wont have trouble with him. I do remember when Jimmy Clausen announced at the hall of fame being driven in a limo. Now that was waaayyyy too much. lol.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's the same as announcing at the Army or Under armor game. Is it showboating , yeah but it's their day in the spotlight. I'm closer to the kids at SC and have seen Adoree , Juju and Mama announce like this and they were no trouble while at USC. If the kids a bad kid it doesn't matter how he announces if he's a decent kid it will be his day to shine and you wont have trouble with him. I do remember when Jimmy Clausen announced at the hall of fame being driven in a limo. Now that was waaayyyy too much. lol.
Announcing at the high school all star games gives everyone time to fill those slots. Sure, it's taking the spotlight, but it isn't as selfish. They get more spotlight doing it at that game or otherwise picking a date at their high school or whatnot. Doing it on any other day means a lot less news drowning out their moment.

UW is after like 3 more kids to fill 2 more spots assuming we don't also loose another one that went to UCLA for a visit this weekend. So what if all 3 want to come? You know they have kids in the wings they are saying we might call on you if (blank) doesn't sign so now there are other kids getting their hopes up and not taking full advantage of other opportunities as well.

It just makes a cluster fuck out of signing day.

And I never said he's a bad kid, nor anyone else who has done it. Good kids can do bad/selfish/dumb things. They are kids after all.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Announcing at the high school all star games gives everyone time to fill those slots. Sure, it's taking the spotlight, but it isn't as selfish. They get more spotlight doing it at that game or otherwise picking a date at their high school or whatnot. Doing it on any other day means a lot less news drowning out their moment.

UW is after like 3 more kids to fill 2 more spots assuming we don't also loose another one that went to UCLA for a visit this weekend. So what if all 3 want to come? You know they have kids in the wings they are saying we might call on you if (blank) doesn't sign so now there are other kids getting their hopes up and not taking full advantage of other opportunities as well.

It just makes a cluster fuck out of signing day.

And I never said he's a bad kid, nor anyone else who has done it. Good kids can do bad/selfish/dumb things. They are kids after all.

The High school Army bowl was just on the 7th. You got all year to recruit. If you're holding spots right now its because you're gambling on some big fish. That's on you not them.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The High school Army bowl was just on the 7th. You got all year to recruit. If you're holding spots right now its because you're gambling on some big fish. That's on you not them.
And look at what it all does to other kids as well. I'm not talking about just being selfish for the control they use over the teams.

Sarell waited until then to announce he's going to Stanford. UW had thought they had a good chance at him and had a scholarship waiting. Foster goes to the nerds so UW has to go back to their list and offer the next kid down who happens to have been committed to UCLA. His dad went to UW and he had been kind of bummed UW didn't offer him. That late offer caused him to decommit and Oregon jumped in on it and made him a late offer as well. So now 3 teams are waiting to see what he does and 2 of them will end up going after some other late replacement as well.

There are always late commits, but the ones that know where they are going and simply draw it out annoy me. They add a LOT to the problem. Once you make a decisions just announce it and let everyone deal with the consequences. You are always free to change your mind later up to LOI day anyway.