• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

THE PAC 12 THREAD v.5

Great Dayne

I was right even if you believe I was wrong
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:nod: Quite the resume isn't it? Their loss is to an unranked Pitt and this team barely beat Troy. This is why i hate ESPN. They need to stop being so greedy and share that shit theyre smoking

The committee doesn't seem to frown on close wins vs bad teams. If they did then OSU would've dropped on 2 different occasions. They will have one (maybe 2) top 25 win in their conference and one top 25 win out of conference. They will have a bad loss in Pitt at home. Huskies will has 1 win vs a top 25 team in conference but no top 25 wins OOC. I think what gives them a big advantage with the OOCSOS is better than the Huskies (128th). If the Huskies win the CCG I think it will be a little closer though.

I decided to discuss the committee instead of ESPN because the committee actually matters and ESPN can take their opinions and stick it up their candy asses. I stopped watching them almost a decade ago when it turned int MSNBC with some football. I just want to watch highlights and not listen to boring politics. :doh:

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1st order of business, beat washington

2nd order of business, kick the crap out of who ever the big10 sends to the rose bowl

all you can control and believe me, winning the rose feeeeeeelllllllllssssss goooooodddddddd

OH believe me everything past 7 wins this year has been gravy for most Buffs fans. So I will take winning the Rose Bowl or winning the Pack-12 Championship or whatever happens over the next month with the Buffs. I will savor every moment because seasons like this just don't come around every year unless you are Alabama. Like I said though just sad if the Pac-12 doesn't have somebody in the playoffs when you consider how many top-25 teams we have in this conference. I just feel like because we are the West Coast type teams for the most part and so many of our games are played after most people have decided to be done with college football for the day that people just don't understand how good the Pac-12 really is. Otherwise I think they would be willing to put a 2 loss Colorado team in if they won the conference. Won't happen but just hoping at some point the college football voters can catch on to what is going on in the Pac-12.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The committee doesn't seem to frown on close wins vs bad teams. If they did then OSU would've dropped on 2 different occasions. They will have one (maybe 2) top 25 win in their conference and one top 25 win out of conference. They will have a bad loss in Pitt at home. Huskies will has 1 win vs a top 25 team in conference but no top 25 wins OOC. I think what gives them a big advantage with the OOCSOS is better than the Huskies (128th). If the Huskies win the CCG I think it will be a little closer though.

I decided to discuss the committee instead of ESPN because the committee actually matters and ESPN can take their opinions and stick it up their candy asses. I stopped watching them almost a decade ago when it turned int MSNBC with some football. I just want to watch highlights and not listen to boring politics. :doh:
Thats impossible. I could even watch USC/ND without spending half the game. Listening to Griese nutswinging Colorado throughout the game :L Griese and Levy may be the worst commentators in college football.There is no escape from the politics :gaah:

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OH believe me everything past 7 wins this year has been gravy for most Buffs fans. So I will take winning the Rose Bowl or winning the Pack-12 Championship or whatever happens over the next month with the Buffs. I will savor every moment because seasons like this just don't come around every year unless you are Alabama. Like I said though just sad if the Pac-12 doesn't have somebody in the playoffs when you consider how many top-25 teams we have in this conference. I just feel like because we are the West Coast type teams for the most part and so many of our games are played after most people have decided to be done with college football for the day that people just don't understand how good the Pac-12 really is. Otherwise I think they would be willing to put a 2 loss Colorado team in if they won the conference. Won't happen but just hoping at some point the college football voters can catch on to what is going on in the Pac-12.

2 loss pac cc winner will rarely, if ever, get into the playoffs. trust me, i know...

btw we finished 3rd in rankings last year, demolished Iowa in the Rose, but didn't sniff the CFP while winning the PAC with 2 losses...

If WA crushes Colo, the might have a chance at the CFP. A close win and a 1 loss PAC champion will have an uneasy path to the playoffs...

Great Dayne

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thats impossible. I could even watch USC/ND without spending half the game. Listening to Griese nutswinging Colorado throughout the game :L Griese and Levy may be the worst commentators in college football

If I have to watch ESPN to see my team I mute it except during the plays. It works very well with Joe Buck and Troy Aikmen. You should try it some time.

So you guys are now in the Alamo Bowl vs Western Michigan right?

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I have to watch ESPN to see my team I mute it except during the plays. It works very well with Joe Buck and Troy Aikmen. You should try it some time.

So you guys are now in the Alamo Bowl vs Western Michigan right?
Im hoping for roses

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How is that even possible? Does it go off ranking or how you finish in the PAC?
If washington makes the Playoffs. The Rose Bowl goes to the second highest PAC team in the play off rankings. If Washington blows out Colorado. Its possible SC jumps Colorado in the Play Off rankings.They aren't that far off each other in the rankings now. It will come down to the committee

Great Dayne

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If washington makes the Playoffs. The Rose Bowl goes to the second highest PAC team in the play off rankings. If Washington blows out Colorado. Its possible SC jumps Colorado in the Play Off rankings

Shit well then we might be fucked and end up playing you guys in a rematch of last season if we lose or even if we win since I have no idea what is going to happen. The last team I would want to play in the Rose is USC. I don't think it matters since we are the Buffalo Bills of the Rose bowl.

Well good luck to you what ever happens.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shit well then we might be fucked and end up playing you guys in a rematch of last season if we lose or even if we win since I have no idea what is going to happen. The last team I would want to play in the Rose is USC. I don't think it matters since we are the Buffalo Bills of the Rose bowl.

Well good luck to you what ever happens.
It would be a great game imo. I cant lie tho I would love to see SC draw Harbaugh and Michigan in the Rose. But the Rose is still a long shot imo :plotting:

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
usc/mich would be a must see matchup.. the rose would slaughter any other post season games in viewership...
Thats just me being nostalgic. A lot of fond memories of Rose bowls between USC/Michigan and USC/Ohio State.SC/Michigan would be entertaining Adoree and Peppers go back and forth on twitter quite a bit. Would be great if they could get the game against one another

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I was the Oregon AD my choices would be ...

Art Briles with Justin Wilcox as his DC.
Beau Baldwin with Justin Wilcox as his DC.
Justin Wilcox with Art Briles as his OC.
Justin Wilcox with Beau Baldwin as his OC.

I suspect Briles will be one of the lead candidates, if not #1. He's got a total disregard for player character and offield behavior like Kelly did. Academics don't matter either.
The parents of females attending the school will be getting less sleep, but that won't matter to Nike.
If he's hired, we'll know who made the call.

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still doesn't feel like Colorado is about to play for the Pac-12 Championship. I mean seriously even the most homeristic Buffs fans were probably just thinking Bowl Game was a possibility this year. Heck our own coach said this was a year earlier than he thought it could happen. Just keep fighting through it all and finding ways to win on both sides of the ball. Can't wait to see us against the Huskies. Not sure how our household will handle this one as my wife is a Washington alum. She is not much of a football fan but I'm quite sure we will not be cheering for the same team in this one.

Sounds like you married up! :suds:

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds like you married up! :suds:

Haha she honestly did not like her time in class. She went for the social work masters program as it was rated as one of the best in the country and was highly disappointed with how easy it was and how little she actually learned. She loved the campus and loved her fellow students but I remember reading through her homework assignments and thinking I could take these classes and easily get an A and I"m not a social worker. Still was a fun area of the country to live for a while (first year of our marriage was when she was going to school there) and honestly we wouldn't mind one bit if we ended up back in that area.

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
RE: Clemson's schedule. I still go back to that "win" over NC State where their kicker missed a ~30 yard FG at the end of regulation which would have been a bad loss to an unranked team. No one can brag about that win.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As much as I wanted Utah to pull one out yesterday. Its better for the PAC that Washington gets Colorado to smack down and get a playoff spot. If It would have been USC vrs Washington in a close game or a USC win ,it would have given the committee an excuse to leave the conference out .And no I didnt want this over USC getting in to the CCG but I'm just dealing with reality. Congrats to Washington and Colorado. No dog in that fight but I just see Washington winning that one pretty easily. Utah had something like five or six trips to the ten yard line without scoring a touchdown , a couple of fumbles and interceptions and even with that it was still close in the fourth.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The question will be.

Will they make it condition that the new HC keep part or most of the existing coaching staff in place like they did with the Hoke hire last year or will this be a total house cleaning which would be new ground for the Ducks modern era.

I get the feeling the level of expectations set by the Kelly era and Mariota, we could see a total house cleaning and Nike opening up the checkbook for a big name. From the NFL or a top level college coordinator.

However it works out, it's going to a major investment as there is Helfrich and the other staffs buyouts, and also the deals for the new staff.

Gonna be interesting to see what goes down....

It's stupid for them to pull this now, we are talking one bad season. Fix the damn defense and they'll be fine. I'm impressed they actually had a young QB in house....

They screwed up last year by passing on Wilcox, but they still need to recruit for the defensive side...

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The question will be.

Will they make it condition that the new HC keep part or most of the existing coaching staff in place like they did with the Hoke hire last year or will this be a total house cleaning which would be new ground for the Ducks modern era.

I get the feeling the level of expectations set by the Kelly era and Mariota, we could see a total house cleaning and Nike opening up the checkbook for a big name. From the NFL or a top level college coordinator.

However it works out, it's going to a major investment as there is Helfrich and the other staffs buyouts, and also the deals for the new staff.

Gonna be interesting to see what goes down....

It's stupid for them to pull this now, we are talking one bad season. Fix the damn defense and they'll be fine. I'm impressed they actually had a young QB in house....

They screwed up last year by passing on Wilcox, but they still need to recruit for the defensive side...

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yup, except for the part where USC has a higher ranked defense , higer ranked offense, higher ranked scoring defense and already showed it can beat both Colorado and Washington. But other than that. Spot on. lol

Why you wanna go and mess shit up by presenting facts? Is this not a sports message board anymore? :noidea: