• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

THE PAC 12 THREAD v.5

TheDayMan

Day Butt Ass the sadgaydayboy
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
brian-kelly-scremaing-2_original_original_original_original_display_image.jpg
Kelly to Oregon, other Kelly to ND.

TP76

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd like to submit my own candidate for the Oregon job - Helfrich's old boss:

images

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still doesn't feel like Colorado is about to play for the Pac-12 Championship. I mean seriously even the most homeristic Buffs fans were probably just thinking Bowl Game was a possibility this year. Heck our own coach said this was a year earlier than he thought it could happen. Just keep fighting through it all and finding ways to win on both sides of the ball. Can't wait to see us against the Huskies. Not sure how our household will handle this one as my wife is a Washington alum. She is not much of a football fan but I'm quite sure we will not be cheering for the same team in this one.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still doesn't feel like Colorado is about to play for the Pac-12 Championship. I mean seriously even the most homeristic Buffs fans were probably just thinking Bowl Game was a possibility this year. Heck our own coach said this was a year earlier than he thought it could happen. Just keep fighting through it all and finding ways to win on both sides of the ball. Can't wait to see us against the Huskies. Not sure how our household will handle this one as my wife is a Washington alum. She is not much of a football fan but I'm quite sure we will not be cheering for the same team in this one.

it's not like the buffs are one of your 3 favorite teams... i'm rootin' for 'em friday (likely will be in the stadium), but jeesus show a little support

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The question will be.

Will they make it condition that the new HC keep part or most of the existing coaching staff in place like they did with the Hoke hire last year or will this be a total house cleaning which would be new ground for the Ducks modern era.

I get the feeling the level of expectations set by the Kelly era and Mariota, we could see a total house cleaning and Nike opening up the checkbook for a big name. From the NFL or a top level college coordinator.

However it works out, it's going to a major investment as there is Helfrich and the other staffs buyouts, and also the deals for the new staff.

Gonna be interesting to see what goes down....

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,048.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The question will be.

Will they make it condition that the new HC keep part or most of the existing coaching staff in place like they did with the Hoke hire last year or will this be a total house cleaning which would be new ground for the Ducks modern era.

I get the feeling the level of expectations set by the Kelly era and Mariota, we could see a total house cleaning and Nike opening up the checkbook for a big name. From the NFL or a top level college coordinator.

However it works out, it's going to a major investment as there is Helfrich and the other staffs buyouts, and also the deals for the new staff.

Gonna be interesting to see what goes down....
If I was the Oregon AD my choices would be ...

Art Briles with Justin Wilcox as his DC.
Beau Baldwin with Justin Wilcox as his DC.
Justin Wilcox with Art Briles as his OC.
Justin Wilcox with Beau Baldwin as his OC.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it's not like the buffs are one of your 3 favorite teams... i'm rootin' for 'em friday (likely will be in the stadium), but jeesus show a little support

Ok? Sorry for not having them in my top-3. I follow a lot of sports. I have no problem admitting on here that while I like the Buffs it is nowhere near my fandom for the Broncos. Honestly my following for the Buffs happened more because of listening to Colorado Sports radio where they would talk about them along side the Broncos. I've grown to respect the history of the team listening to past players talk all the time about their days during the glory days of Colorado football and have cheered for them for a while now. Not much to cheer for before this season though. Glad to see them having success but yes I'm probably not as big a fan of them as you are of Stanford football. There are different levels of fandom and Colorado is climbing on mine but I have cheered for the Broncos, Cardinals, and Rockies much longer. I went to Rockies games the first year they were a team in the MLB and have been to more Cardinals games than I can remember. And of course my top team the Broncos I cannot remember a time where I wasn't cheering for them.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Someone needs to slap Joey Galloway. To say Ohio State belongs in the playoffs over a 12 win huskies claiming "resume" is one thing. To say Clemson is in under the same standards? This B1G hype and PAC hate has to go. Clemson resume is not better than Washington's imo. And I think OSU is getting too much credit.
BkZSId0.png

7GMDhOX.png

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok? Sorry for not having them in my top-3. I follow a lot of sports. I have no problem admitting on here that while I like the Buffs it is nowhere near my fandom for the Broncos. Honestly my following for the Buffs happened more because of listening to Colorado Sports radio where they would talk about them along side the Broncos. I've grown to respect the history of the team listening to past players talk all the time about their days during the glory days of Colorado football and have cheered for them for a while now. Not much to cheer for before this season though. Glad to see them having success but yes I'm probably not as big a fan of them as you are of Stanford football. There are different levels of fandom and Colorado is climbing on mine but I have cheered for the Broncos, Cardinals, and Rockies much longer. I went to Rockies games the first year they were a team in the MLB and have been to more Cardinals games than I can remember. And of course my top team the Broncos I cannot remember a time where I wasn't cheering for them.

jeesh... just yankin' your chain late saturday... ftr i'm a big mike mac fan... i'll be sportin' 'rado colors in levi friday

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
jeesh... just yankin' your chain late saturday... ftr i'm a big mike mac fan... i'll be sportin' 'rado colors in levi friday

Sorry sarcasm doesn't come across and new to the Pac-12 thread so don't really know the way each poster here communicates. I just know some of those who are college fans are pretty darn crazy and get after anybody that doesn't match their intensity. Didn't know if you were one of those people.

Like I said just started following the Buffs more over the past 3-4 years. Just never had a college team. Went to K-State but couldn't stand some of their players since I actually knew them personally and they were jerks so actually cheered against them pretty openly. Had a girl I dated for a while that was a huge Nebraska Huskers fan and so started watching the games with her family every Saturday but my actual care for how they did died with the relationship. So just never have had that college team I have loved through thick and thin like I have the Broncos. Now that I listen to a lot of Colorado Buffs talk though just really love listening to the stories of past teams and now with this team this year. Great to see a historical program that has had a lot of down years show some life again.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry sarcasm doesn't come across and new to the Pac-12 thread so don't really know the way each poster here communicates. I just know some of those who are college fans are pretty darn crazy and get after anybody that doesn't match their intensity. Didn't know if you were one of those people.

Like I said just started following the Buffs more over the past 3-4 years. Just never had a college team. Went to K-State but couldn't stand some of their players since I actually knew them personally and they were jerks so actually cheered against them pretty openly. Had a girl I dated for a while that was a huge Nebraska Huskers fan and so started watching the games with her family every Saturday but my actual care for how they did died with the relationship. So just never have had that college team I have loved through thick and thin like I have the Broncos. Now that I listen to a lot of Colorado Buffs talk though just really love listening to the stories of past teams and now with this team this year. Great to see a historical program that has had a lot of down years show some life again.

if mac sticks around, you guys will be relevant for his tenure... good to see some shake up in the pac. if, gog willing, we get a couple of our juniors (looking at you mccaffrey and solomon thomas) to return, we'll be in the pac north mix next year...

g/l in the ccg game this week....

Great Dayne

I was right even if you believe I was wrong
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Someone needs to slap Joey Galloway. To say Ohio State belongs in the playoffs over a 12 win huskies claiming "resume" is one thing. To say Clemson is in under the same standards? This B1G hype and PAC hate has to go. Clemson resume is not better than Washington's imo. And I think OSU is getting too much credit.
BkZSId0.png

7GMDhOX.png

OMG Clemson playing an un-ranked scrub in their conference championship.

7988a9547b9d1a8c716d51c889f28f50.gif

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if mac sticks around, you guys will be relevant for his tenure... good to see some shake up in the pac. if, gog willing, we get a couple of our juniors (looking at you mccaffrey and solomon thomas) to return, we'll be in the pac north mix next year...

g/l in the ccg game this week....

Thanks! Been a big fan of the McCaffrey family and have been following all of Ed's sons careers for quite some time. I am still baffled by the lack of respect to the season McCaffrey had last season when it came to the Heisman. I'm kind of doubting he stays though as the shelf life of RB's is so short just seems we see a lot of them leave early for the NFL. Also not sure what more he has to prove at the college level. We all know he is a top-3 RB in college football and one of the most versatile and explosive weapons maybe college football has ever seen.

And yeah good to see some new names (or old names however you want to look at it) showing up in college football. Unfortunately for Colorado I'm not seeing a scenario where they can make the Playoffs even if they beat Washington. Sad to see the possibility that one of the most competitive conferences in college football wouldn't get a representative in the playoff series.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OMG Clemson playing an un-ranked scrub in their conference championship.

7988a9547b9d1a8c716d51c889f28f50.gif
:nod: Quite the resume isn't it? Their loss is to an unranked Pitt and this team barely beat Troy. This is why i hate ESPN. They need to stop being so greedy and share that shit theyre smoking

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And yeah I do know the talk in Colorado right now is how long Mac sticks around. His stock has never been higher and these top programs that are looking to rebuild will look and see a resume that now includes 2 of the worst teams at the time when he came HC all of a sudden becoming huge in college football. I would love to see him stick around for a long time and make Colorado once again one of the premier places for college football players. Just not sure that happens.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks! Been a big fan of the McCaffrey family and have been following all of Ed's sons careers for quite some time. I am still baffled by the lack of respect to the season McCaffrey had last season when it came to the Heisman. I'm kind of doubting he stays though as the shelf life of RB's is so short just seems we see a lot of them leave early for the NFL. Also not sure what more he has to prove at the college level. We all know he is a top-3 RB in college football and one of the most versatile and explosive weapons maybe college football has ever seen.

And yeah good to see some new names (or old names however you want to look at it) showing up in college football. Unfortunately for Colorado I'm not seeing a scenario where they can make the Playoffs even if they beat Washington. Sad to see the possibility that one of the most competitive conferences in college football wouldn't get a representative in the playoff series.

1st order of business, beat washington

2nd order of business, kick the crap out of who ever the big10 sends to the rose bowl

all you can control and believe me, winning the rose feeeeeeelllllllllssssss goooooodddddddd