• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

THE PAC 12 THREAD v.5

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
new to the Pac-12 thread so don't really know the way each poster here communicates.

Just assume we're all drunk/stoned assholes and you'll be fine. Especially if you're a drunk/stoned asshole yourself. lol

mrwallace2ku

Treehugger
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,048.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
RE: Clemson's schedule. I still go back to that "win" over NC State where their kicker missed a ~30 yard FG at the end of regulation which would have been a bad loss to an unranked team. No one can brag about that win.
The argument is great teams just find ways to win and all that counts is you did win. Sure, a failed punt was the difference there. UW also needed overtime to beat the worst team in the entire conference this year. And a timely punt return for a TD was the difference against Utah.

This CFB is going to be fully consumed by the drama of who belongs in the top 4 and if everyone at the top wins out it's going to be high drama for sure. Someone is going to be left out.

It's simple at the end. Go undefeated in a P5 and you are in. It's that easy. Lose ANYTHING and you are subject to the carnage.

Ohio State won't even play for their own conference title. One loss to a division foe killed their chances to represent their conference. That should have consequences. Clemson had a bad loss and several unimpressive wins. Michigan lost to Iowa which should have dropped them down as it was, but I don't care if it was a controversial double overtime loss to OSU on top of it, it's a second lost. They should be OUT. Wisconsin/PSU/Colorado, all with 2 losses as well and even as conference champs shouldn't jump past one loss teams.

It's a cluster fuck and which ever team gets left out can only look back at whatever loss(s) they had and blame themselves. If UW finds a way to win against Colorado and it's still them left out they get the Rose Bowl and that's that.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,048.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
UW opened 6.5pt favorites on the big boards this morning and early betting has moved it to 7.

Conference Championship week is here.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The committee doesn't seem to frown on close wins vs bad teams. If they did then OSU would've dropped on 2 different occasions. They will have one (maybe 2) top 25 win in their conference and one top 25 win out of conference. They will have a bad loss in Pitt at home. Huskies will has 1 win vs a top 25 team in conference but no top 25 wins OOC. I think what gives them a big advantage with the OOCSOS is better than the Huskies (128th). If the Huskies win the CCG I think it will be a little closer though.

I decided to discuss the committee instead of ESPN because the committee actually matters and ESPN can take their opinions and stick it up their candy asses. I stopped watching them almost a decade ago when it turned int MSNBC with some football. I just want to watch highlights and not listen to boring politics. :doh:

The whole problem, is. ESPN has a huge say in the CFP. Noone on that committee watches every game. Maybe they watch a ton of highlights but to me that hurts UW. The main Utah-UW highlight from every ESPN television or radio personality was the "uncalled block in the backs" on the PR. While teams like Clemson get the it's their destiny when they squeak by bad teams. It's just annoying as noone at ESPN seems to have watched one SC game since Alabama as it is always mentioned SC got smoked by Bama yet never mention that was with Browne not Darnold. It's understandable from a business perspective as they make more money on the SEC and B1G cause of viewership but a network shouldn't be able to be lobbyists.

TheDayMan

Day Butt Ass the sadgaydayboy
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol. Yeah I know. I'm just wondering where that line is and where would Mamba and others be if I'm that much of an ass.
What's the next step after gaping? Leaking?

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's the next step after gaping? Leaking?

Black hole asshole I assume.
I don't know if I'm living up to that though. I didn't go over to the ND board and talk shit like a rival should after an ass kicking. I did go to the game thread when I got home after the game and say how much of a thug that #99 on ND is. He should be suspended for a couple games next season.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
PAC 12 closing the regular season skrong. The only conference to run with the B1G at the top.The play off rankings could be interesting this week :suds:

gx7V9Ny.png

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,048.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol. Yeah I know. I'm just wondering where that line is and where would Mamba and others be if I'm that much of an ass.
The reason Mamba isn't really here anymore is he didn't like who he was up here and what the drama did to him. We have ALL (ok, maybe not oly lolz) gone over the line and taken things too far at times. What separates the real assholes from those that just act that way at times is knowing when to let it go. If you can't take someone telling you it's time to ratchet it down a notch and accept it, you just might be a real asshole. It's entirely different from friendly rivalry or friendly taunting.

Mamba's not really an asshole. He just let things get to him to some degree here. Despite what a few people here think, we still talk frequently and he's in a much much better place these days than last year when he took a step back from here. Lost a ton of weight, got back into running, and has his life on a much happier track overall.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,048.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Buffs 9
SC 10
Stanford 17
Utah and WSU dropped out and are apx 27th/28th respectively going by also received votes.

So just 4 in the top 25 now, but 3 in the top 10. The SEC has just one in the top 10 and their second is all the way back at 15. And the B1G has 4 in the top 10.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting.

Helfrich says he will meet with the AD later this week to discuss things. The coaching staff haven't been informed they will be fired and will hit the road today on scheduled recruiting trips. Reports are saying the Nike brass aren't liking how much the buyout amount will total, including over 11 mil just to Helfrich, if they clear house. Some felt that with the Utah win, Helfrich had bought himself another year, but then the Ore St. loss put his ass somewhat back in the fire.

Reports saying Oregon brass had initiated a search for a replacement which means they have been contacting coaches agents, but that doesn't mean any advanced agreement has been reached yet.

Two names now rumored to be in the search mix are Western Michigans P.J. Fleck and Boise State's Bryan Harsin.