• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

THE PAC 12 THREAD v.5

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True but would you rather have a big game like this at home or on the road? Right now the Buffs are undefeated at home for the season. The two losses happened in Michigan and in LA for the Buffs. So far margin of victory at home has been almost 30 points. Now given yes that includes a game against Idaho State but even beyond that easy game they have done their best work at home this season.

Of course youd rather it be at home. But if they start to trail early and the crowd gets down it worse to be at home. I think Utah will be pumped because this is their bowl game. I don't think either team is much better than the other so I think it will be a close game.

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course youd rather it be at home. But if they start to trail early and the crowd gets down it worse to be at home. I think Utah will be pumped because this is their bowl game. I don't think either team is much better than the other so I think it will be a close game.
Utah is 12 pt. underdogs in this game and if they play anything like they did last week then you can expect Colorado to pump them like a cheap prom date.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I would think Utah's Bowl Game will be Utah's Bowl Game. Yes this is a big game and I'm sure they will come to play. I have never said this will be an easy win or a given win. I expect it to be close. I just like Colorado's chances in this one. I was actually more worried about last Saturday's game than this one to be honest. I think the Buffs defense is set up nicely to slow down that Utah offense and Colorado is one of I think only 3 teams with top-20 ranked defense and offense so I think the offense should have a good game against a very mediocre Utah defense. Utah will make some plays for sure and maybe they do pull out a win but Colorado just seems to be clicking well on both sides of the ball.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Utah is 12 pt. underdogs in this game and if they play anything like they did last week then you can expect Colorado to pump them like a cheap prom date.

You mean like Washington pumped USC? lol.

To soon? lol

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would think Utah's Bowl Game will be Utah's Bowl Game. Yes this is a big game and I'm sure they will come to play. I have never said this will be an easy win or a given win. I expect it to be close. I just like Colorado's chances in this one. I was actually more worried about last Saturday's game than this one to be honest. I think the Buffs defense is set up nicely to slow down that Utah offense and Colorado is one of I think only 3 teams with top-20 ranked defense and offense so I think the offense should have a good game against a very mediocre Utah defense. Utah will make some plays for sure and maybe they do pull out a win but Colorado just seems to be clicking well on both sides of the ball.

You should feel good about the game. But i just hate playing teams who have nothing to lose. They do some crazy things and if they are close after the half then everything goes out the window.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You should feel good about the game. But i just hate playing teams who have nothing to lose. They do some crazy things and if they are close after the half then everything goes out the window.

I wouldn't say they have nothing to lose though. They have plenty to lose. Big difference of what Bowl Games you get invited to when you only have 3 losses compared to 4. yes it wouldn't shock me though if they try to pull out some crazy things during the game as they are a high risk/reward type offense at times. This is again where having such a veteran team though comes into play for the Buffs.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't say they have nothing to lose though. They have plenty to lose. Big difference of what Bowl Games you get invited to when you only have 3 losses compared to 4. yes it wouldn't shock me though if they try to pull out some crazy things during the game as they are a high risk/reward type offense at times. This is again where having such a veteran team though comes into play for the Buffs.

You keep saying veteran team . They are in new territory. No one on the team has been in a game this big.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You keep saying veteran team . They are in new territory. No one on the team has been in a game this big.

Good point. What I mean by that is that these guys have been around for quite some time and have seen a lot of what teams try to throw at them on both sides of the ball. I guess we will just have to see how it plays out. I know you are hoping for a loss and it is understandable. Honestly right now I don't think there is a team playing better in the Pac-12 than the Trojans. But with college football every game counts even the early ones so those losses hurt big time.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good point. What I mean by that is that these guys have been around for quite some time and have seen a lot of what teams try to throw at them on both sides of the ball. I guess we will just have to see how it plays out. I know you are hoping for a loss and it is understandable. Honestly right now I don't think there is a team playing better in the Pac-12 than the Trojans. But with college football every game counts even the early ones so those losses hurt big time.

I'm not getting my hopes up and you're right, the Trojans put themselves in this situation. I am happy how the season went overall. They have their QB now and hes just a freshman and he's awesome. I think USc has had everything fall in place for weeks so odds are something will go the other way now. I'm glad Colorado is playig this well. I was so tired of fans from other conferences talking smack about the PAC and using Colorado as an excuse why they shouldnt be put down for playing teams like Towsend or Chattanooga saying "well you get to play Colorado , thats the same thing". Now that Colorado is showing it can play big time football it exposes their conference. When the last time Vandy or Kentucky or Minn or Purdue were close to winning their conferences.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not getting my hopes up and you're right, the Trojans put themselves in this situation. I am happy how the season went overall. They have their QB now and hes just a freshman and he's awesome. I think USc has had everything fall in place for weeks so odds are something will go the other way now. I'm glad Colorado is playig this well. I was so tired of fans from other conferences talking smack about the PAC and using Colorado as an excuse why they shouldnt be put down for playing teams like Towsend or Chattanooga saying "well you get to play Colorado , thats the same thing". Now that Colorado is showing it can play big time football it exposes their conference. When the last time Vandy or Kentucky or Minn or Purdue were close to winning their conferences.

Oh I agree. Believe me it was embarrassing to be considered a part of a power conference with the way the team was playing. So at least now looking like they belong and very excited about the future of the Buffs as well. I do expect some fall back next year with losing a decent number of Seniors as the team transitions a bit but they have had a couple of really nice recruiting classes here that I think will help them stay competitive for a while.

And yeah I don't think the SEC is quite the powerhouse that it continues to be perceived as. Yes Alabama is the top team in the Country by far. After them though I just haven't been impressed at all. I really do think USC, Colorado, and Washington would rank the next 3 spots in the SEC ahead of teams like Florida and Auburn. Thankfully the rest of the college football world is starting to catch up a bit of how overrated they are. Just took them a few years.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh I agree. Believe me it was embarrassing to be considered a part of a power conference with the way the team was playing. So at least now looking like they belong and very excited about the future of the Buffs as well. I do expect some fall back next year with losing a decent number of Seniors as the team transitions a bit but they have had a couple of really nice recruiting classes here that I think will help them stay competitive for a while.

And yeah I don't think the SEC is quite the powerhouse that it continues to be perceived as. Yes Alabama is the top team in the Country by far. After them though I just haven't been impressed at all. I really do think USC, Colorado, and Washington would rank the next 3 spots in the SEC ahead of teams like Florida and Auburn. Thankfully the rest of the college football world is starting to catch up a bit of how overrated they are. Just took them a few years.

The SEC gets so many breaks. Florida jumped up 8 spots last week for beating LSU which isn;t even ranked in the coaches poll anymore.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The SEC gets so many breaks. Florida jumped up 8 spots last week for beating LSU which isn;t even ranked in the coaches poll anymore.

Well when you are still perceived as the best conference in college football every conference win is a quality win in the eyes of the voters. It really is ridiculous the treatment they get and honestly Alabama is such a huge player in that. What people remember is National Champions and with Alabama having dominated that title quite a bit lately every one just assumes those conference games are crazy. If a team even keeps a game interesting against Alabama they get a huge boost. Oh well just have to rise above it and hope one of our teams can get into that final-4 list and show what the Pack-12 has to offer. Might surprise some people around the country.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well when you are still perceived as the best conference in college football every conference win is a quality win in the eyes of the voters. It really is ridiculous the treatment they get and honestly Alabama is such a huge player in that. What people remember is National Champions and with Alabama having dominated that title quite a bit lately every one just assumes those conference games are crazy. If a team even keeps a game interesting against Alabama they get a huge boost. Oh well just have to rise above it and hope one of our teams can get into that final-4 list and show what the Pack-12 has to offer. Might surprise some people around the country.

It's just nuts. Imagine a PAC team this late in the season going from #22 to #13 for beating a team that gets knocked out of the rankings because of that loss. lol. USC jumped 7 spots for beating the #4 team. More impressive to beat a 6-3 team than a 10-0 team?

Not Neutral

Cross Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Both the Huskies and Buffs, former national champs, have worked hard, long and effectively in returning to their winning ways. I don't think there is a team in CFB that could beat either this weekend.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's just nuts. Imagine a PAC team this late in the season going from #22 to #13 for beating a team that gets knocked out of the rankings because of that loss. lol. USC jumped 7 spots for beating the #4 team. More impressive to beat a 6-3 team than a 10-0 team?

Haha I'm with you. I don't know how to fix the system. I'm glad they finally at least put a playoff system in. I wouldn't mind if they extended it out as some great teams are just about to be left out. But then again you extend it out and that next group of teams would complain they were being left out.

Also the Pac-12 gets hurt so much by the fact that they are on the the West Coast. A great example is that last year McCaffrey should have won the Hesiman. I mean no player in the country made a bigger impact for his team than him. He was their offense. Yet because most voters don't want to stay up until midnight to watch those games he gets overlooked for an Alabama RB. I think it is the same for the voting on rankings in most of the people making these types of decisions probably haven't hardly watched Washington, USC, or Colorado play this year.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you paid for your prom date?

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Both the Huskies and Buffs, former national champs, have worked hard, long and effectively in returning to their winning ways. I don't think there is a team in CFB that could beat either this weekend.

Oh I wouldnt say that.lol. One team has beaten both.

RoyUte

Hoopla Cash
$ 71,368.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

#1 in INT's, top 5 in sacks & top 30 in efficiency. Very mediocre indeed. I'll agree that they give up too much yardage. I think it'll be a good close game, just hoping the Utes can give some payback to the Buffs 5 years later by knocking them out of the PAC-12 title game.