• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

THE PAC 12 THREAD v.5

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gardenhire refused to take a UA.
Well that I can see. Just really seemed like odd timing this late in the season for a player that is out on the field every game as it is.

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well that I can see. Just really seemed like odd timing this late in the season for a player that is out on the field every game as it is.
I can't believe the idiot smoked weed during the season. That's like Oregon Duck stupid. He was falling back on the depth chart since he lost his starting position. On a good note it opens up room for another schollie not to mention Washington is loaded at the DB position.

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
***** PAC-12 Recruiting update *****

3d7885229c.jpg

Great Dayne

I was right even if you believe I was wrong
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
11 4 stars?? I'm happy with like 3 or maybe 4 a year.

Out recruiting USC isn't supposed to happen but I guess the new coach is getting the blue chippers to buy into the program. Did you guys get any transfers?

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Out recruiting USC isn't supposed to happen but I guess the new coach is getting the blue chippers to buy into the program. Did you guys get any transfers?
I don't know how many USC is taking this class, but quite a few of the blue chip players wait to declare until near LOI day so their class could still jump way up with a late hit or two. UW probably doesn't have a lot of surprises left unless Foster Sarell signs with them.

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

One transfer ... an Australian punter dude who was playing for a JUCO team in California. He doesn't have any stars ... he's kind of new to American football but he can kick the shit out of a ball for sure.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At least theres a chance. Im hoping the fact that Utah has played more meaningful games in the past two seasons will give them an edge.

Colorado counters that with having such a veteran team playing right now. Part of why in some of these close games they have been able to really show up big at the end. Obviously chance they lose playing a ranked team but with this being a home game I really like the chances of Colorado finishing off Utah.

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know how many USC is taking this class, but quite a few of the blue chip players wait to declare until near LOI day so their class could still jump way up with a late hit or two. UW probably doesn't have a lot of surprises left unless Foster Sarell signs with them.
Deonte Johnson posted in our FB group a few days ago that he was going to flip to Washington but Petersen told him to take his remaining two visits to Bama and some other school before he declares. He's still listed as a hard commit to Miami.

D.J. Johnson, Luther Burbank, Weak-Side Defensive End

And Foster is supposed to declare December 4th if he's staying home to play for Washington or if he's going to Stanford. I have a hunch he's going to stay home and play for the Huskies.

Foster Sarell, Graham-Kapowsin, Offensive Tackle

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Colorado counters that with having such a veteran team playing right now. Part of why in some of these close games they have been able to really show up big at the end. Obviously chance they lose playing a ranked team but with this being a home game I really like the chances of Colorado finishing off Utah.
I'm pulling for the Buffs this weekend. If they win and UW wins it would mean two top 10 teams in the PACCG that haven't played each other this season.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm pulling for the Buffs this weekend. If they win and UW wins it would mean two top 10 teams in the PACCG that haven't played each other this season.

I would love that match up! Explosive offense against a top-15 defense in the Buffs. Winner with a possibility of going to the final-4 playoffs. I'm guessing the Buffs if they would win would still be on the outside looking in but they would have a legitimate argument at that point beating 3 straight teams ranked in the top-25 to close out the season. I'm guessing UW would still win that match up though which hey they would definitely deserve having won the Pac-12 and as a Buffs fan I can live with us having lost only 3 games to teams ranked in the top-12 for the season.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
whoa, cdumler on the college boards? :noidea: That's kind of new.

All 3 of the teams at the top in WSU, UW, and Colorado are pleased as can be with reaching where they are now. None have recent success of this level. No idea how any of them are going to handle the extra pressure of these next two games. Each week it gets more and more pressured.

JonBlaze

KFFL Alum
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No pressure when no one expected you to be there :) But seriously, there's a lot on the line vs Utah. None of these kids have played in such a meaningful game in their college careers yet. I don't think the moment will be too big for them. They know Utah, they've battled them each year. If they weren't shellshocked at Michigan, they'll be fine IMO. I'm more worried about having too much emotion if that's such a thing? Lots of senior leadership on the squad so they should be OK I hope. Won't have that elevation edge vs Utah :D

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

" but with this being a home game I really like the chances ".Not always a sure thing lol.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No pressure when no one expected you to be there :) But seriously, there's a lot on the line vs Utah. None of these kids have played in such a meaningful game in their college careers yet. I don't think the moment will be too big for them. They know Utah, they've battled them each year. If they weren't shellshocked at Michigan, they'll be fine IMO. I'm more worried about having too much emotion if that's such a thing? Lots of senior leadership on the squad so they should be OK I hope. Won't have that elevation edge vs Utah :D

I think the fact that Utah has nothing to lose will be a big factor. They can go for things that you wouldn't normally do. Thats a scary thing.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
whoa, cdumler on the college boards? :noidea: That's kind of new.

All 3 of the teams at the top in WSU, UW, and Colorado are pleased as can be with reaching where they are now. None have recent success of this level. No idea how any of them are going to handle the extra pressure of these next two games. Each week it gets more and more pressured.

Haha well Buffs fans haven't exactly had a lot to talk about lately other than when is our coach getting fired. So it is good to finally have a team worth cheering for again. Didn't think it would happen this soon.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haha well Buffs fans haven't exactly had a lot to talk about lately other than when is our coach getting fired. So it is good to finally have a team worth cheering for again. Didn't think it would happen this soon.

Prior to this season.Colorado had only two conference wins since joining the PAC. Quite a turn around.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
" but with this being a home game I really like the chances ".Not always a sure thing lol.

True but would you rather have a big game like this at home or on the road? Right now the Buffs are undefeated at home for the season. The two losses happened in Michigan and in LA for the Buffs. So far margin of victory at home has been almost 30 points. Now given yes that includes a game against Idaho State but even beyond that easy game they have done their best work at home this season.

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Colorado had only two conference wins since joining the PAC. Quite a turn around.

It really is. For a while it was about trying to count moral victories where we didn't lose by 40 points. Again though hard to want to watch that week in and week out. The Buffs though have done a great job of rebuilding this program and realizing what it takes these days to compete. They rebuilt their training facility to now match their conference opponents, have worked hard to recruit in some different areas and are now starting to land some of those 4-star type guys, and have a coaching staff that just seems to work well together.