• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

THE PAC 12 THREAD v.5

Not Neutral

Cross Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's been a long time since I was more ready for a season to be over. I just want to know which position coaches get fired. A whole bunch of them need to go.

Also, if anyone knows a bunch of 6'7", 330 lbs. men with college eligibility left that want want to transfer, please send them to ASU.
I know some of those Wablty but they play for USC. With the injuries setting back the rebuilding at least a year, look two-three years down the road for a team that's not playing like the three stooges, hopefully.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Figures. Just double down on being a complete dick. That seems to be ALL you bring to this board anymore.
Double down on being a sensative little you know what. Fuck dude. You said its for all the marbles. I just said its not. you dont agree . Fine but thats not being a dick . Its just saying my opinion. I didn't write You're fucking wrong you asshole. But in your head thats what you read. Fuck man I spent years in the Marines dealing with men in grown up situations and I'm just amazed at how sensitive you are about this shit.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wiz-"There is no way USC comes into Husky stadium and stops that offense. If it was on the road that's a different story, but not at home."

Did I call you a dick or did I just give you my reasons why I thought you were wrong?

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
week 12 power rankings are out. Alaskaguy you're slipping.lol
Oregon ahead of UCLA .lol. If hef should be fired what about Mora?
Two south teams at the top for the first time this season (I still think the PAC winner comes from the north)

1. Colorado (9-2, 7-1, No. 2 last week): Business is taken care of. It has been a while since the Folsom faithful have enjoyed a good field-storming, but they did after beating Washington State 38-24. Next week's game might be epic, as the Buffaloes could lock up the South against Utah. With a win, they are in the Pac-12 title game (against Washington? Washington State?). If they lose, that head-to-head against USC will come back to bite them.

2. USC (8-3, 7-2, No. 5 last week): Make it seven straight wins for the Trojans, who cruised by UCLA 36-14 and won their second consecutive game against the Bruins. The Trojans' conference schedule is closed, and they'll finish next week against Notre Dame. All they can do at this point is cheer for the Utes next week against Colorado.

3. Washington (10-1, 7-1, No. 3 last week): After a sluggish start, the Huskies got back on the winning track with a 44-18 rout of Arizona State. The stage is set for what could be the biggest Apple Cup in series history, with the Pac-12 North title on the line. Plus, the Huskies are still in the playoff mix.

4. Washington State (8-3, 7-1, No. 1 last week): Don't feel too bad, Cougars. No one has made it through the conference undefeated since the Pac-10 became the Pac-12. With Washington coming to town, there probably isn't too much worry about a hangover. It's a winner-take-North scenario in Pullman.

5. Stanford (8-3, 6-3, No. 6 last week): The Cardinal wrap their conference slate with a 45-31 victory over California, a 6-3 conference record, a chance to reach nine wins next week against Rice and a shot at a 10th win in a bowl game. As far as "down" years go, this one was pretty tame.

6. Utah (8-3, 5-3, No. 4 last week): It was a bad, bad 30-28 loss to Oregon. Utah has shown the past couple seasons that it has all the tools to make a run at a division title. The Utes have the athletes, the facilities and the fan base. But the lack of consistency down the stretch is becoming an all-too-familiar trend.

7. Arizona State (5-6, 2-6, No. 7 last week): The Sun Devils have dropped five straight following a blowout loss to Washington. It's the worst skid of the Todd Graham era and makes their 5-1 start feel like ages ago. A win in the Territorial Cup next week in Tucson is required if ASU wants to go bowling. For the defensive-minded Graham (and team physicians), this season must feel like a nightmare.

8. Oregon (4-7, 2-6, No. 10 last week): That sort of defensive effort against Utah was a long time coming. It was too late to save the season, but it provides a nice confidence boost heading into the Civil War. Plus, a win over a top-15 team on the road might cool Mark Helfrich's seat a bit.

9. UCLA (4-7, 2-6, No. 8 last week): With UCLA's loss to USC, the Bruins are officially eliminated from the postseason for the first time under Jim Mora and the first time since 2010. Yes, injuries took their toll, but there were signs earlier in the season that the offense was having efficiency issues. Once the defense started to crack, well, this is the result.

i
10. California (4-7, 2-6, No. 9 last week): If I told you before the season that California would beat Texas, Utah and Oregon but not go bowling, you probably would've laughed. But alas, the Golden Bears have been sitting on four wins since Oct. 21 after losing for the seventh straight time to Stanford in the Big Game.

i
11. Oregon State (3-8, 2-6, No. 11 last week): There were some pretty impressive numbers from quarterback Marcus McMaryion (16-of-19, 265 yards, five touchdowns), running back Ryan Nall (124 yards, one touchdown) and a defense that kept Arizona mostly in check in a 42-17 win. There has already been significant progress in Year 2. Can this team keep that momentum rolling for one more week in the Civil War?

i
12. Arizona (2-9, 0-8, No. 12 last week): This week, the Wildcats will look to avoid becoming the third team in as many seasons to go winless in league play (Colorado 2014, Oregon State 2015). A win over ASU won't wash away the bad taste of this season, but it would be a good starting point.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know it's still cynical but after the performance against Colorado, I truly feel we should hand the AC to Washington. Colorado deserved to win the game but our offense looked like dog shit without Cracraft and I can't imagine Marks doing any better against a better secondary. Unless either Thompson, Lewis or Sweet play out of their ass like Edelman Super Bowl level then I can't see a way we win, especially if we get down and abandon the run like Colorado. Our defense stacks up well against UW's offense but Browning, Ross and Gaskins are the best 1,2,3 combo we have faced. If we had Cracraft I wouldn't doubtful at all but without him I feel another beating. Not quite as bad as last year but I can't see a victory unless somehow we punch UW so hard in the mouth like $C did, but $C has a tiny bit of an athletic edge over us.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know it's still cynical but after the performance against Colorado, I truly feel we should hand the AC to Washington. Colorado deserved to win the game but our offense looked like dog shit without Cracraft and I can't imagine Marks doing any better against a better secondary. Unless either Thompson, Lewis or Sweet play out of their ass like Edelman Super Bowl level then I can't see a way we win, especially if we get down and abandon the run like Colorado. Our defense stacks up well against UW's offense but Browning, Ross and Gaskins are the best 1,2,3 combo we have faced. If we had Cracraft I wouldn't doubtful at all but without him I feel another beating. Not quite as bad as last year but I can't see a victory unless somehow we punch UW so hard in the mouth like $C did, but $C has a tiny bit of an athletic edge over us.
It's ok to let yourself enjoy the ride your team is on. Worst case they finish #2 in the north and still make the best bowl they have been to in quite a while. At best you might take out your rival, dash their hopes of reaching the playoffs, and be one step away from the Rose Bowl. It's a great time to be a fan of either team right now either way.

Aren't we supposed to be insulting each other and banging our chests on rivalry week?

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That's the spirit!!!

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And that would be half the marbles. Winning your half of the conference doesnt mean shit. I mean if you wanna be Oregon go ahead and throw a parade . Very Clippers of you.
well I mean every time Oregon won the North they also won the conference. just sayin.

TheDayMan

Day Butt Ass the sadgaydayboy
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well I mean every time Oregon won the North they also won the conference. just sayin.
Actually. When's the last time a team won out of the South? All I can remember is a lot of stanford and Oregon in recent years...

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course we can still talk shit, but two weeks ago I'd be dancing and going OD on you guys. Now, it'd be going all OD from this season. I still think it will be a good game, I'm just skeptical of doing the annual bets with my buddies like normal. Plus this bullshit time we do I have to work during it again..I fucking hate this moving it to the day after when the Pac 12 has a prime time game Saturday available. Larry Scott isn't the God send commissioner he was made out to be.

Great Dayne

I was right even if you believe I was wrong
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Go USC/Utah/WSU make my prediction come true.

Will WSU fire Leachy if he chokes this game away?

TheDayMan

Day Butt Ass the sadgaydayboy
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Go USC/Utah/WSU make my prediction come true.

Will WSU fire Leachy if he chokes this game away?
They're 4.5 point underdogs at home, losing wouldn't be a choke... they're going to go the best bowl game they've been to since Price regardless of the outcome. I think he'll be safe for now...

Shouldn't you be off choking on a dick somewhere?

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True. But For Washington winning the PAC would be the whole marbles. They have already exceeded most peoples expectations. Winning the PAC would be quite the accomplishment. Oregon was the number one (sometimes 2) team for a few years and everyone knew it. So for Oregon winning the PAC was a stepping stone to hopefully winning the NCG.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually. When's the last time a team won out of the South? All I can remember is a lot of stanford and Oregon in recent years...

Its been a long time. The North has been the power for a while.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ummmmm - Since the PAC has been split into divisions the South has NEVER won the PAC!!!!!!

Don't be a dick.lol. But that's true. The norths been kicking the souths ass for a long time. Now finally Oregon and Stanford have down years and we get Washinton and the Cougs to take their place. Can't catch a break lol.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think one single fan of WSU wants him fired. Although, he might take another job if offered since he has made the school president look like doorknob

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't be a dick.lol. But that's true. The norths been kicking the souths ass for a long time. Now finally Oregon and Stanford have down years and we get Washinton and the Cougs to take their place. Can't catch a break lol.
and Oregon also won the last 2 Pac 10 title as it was. so we are looking back to 2008 since a school from down there won it