• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

THE PAC 12 THREAD v.5

963BUSC

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually. When's the last time a team won out of the South? All I can remember is a lot of stanford and Oregon in recent years...

I don't think a southern team has ever won the Pac 12 title. I Could be wrong, but I can't name one off the top of my head.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you want to get technical then either 'all the marbles' can ONLY mean the national championship, or it can mean anything contextually you want it to. Saying it can't be used for a division title, but it's ok for a conference title is frankly dumb. There is one ultimate prize in college football and no team from the Pac is going to get that this year. Outside of that there are many goals. Every team in the Pac first has the goal of winning their division so they can have a shot at winning the conference. It is the thing all 12 teams first aspire to do. The AC this week is that chance for both teams from this state. Winning this game has a lot on the line and in fact has the most on the line that this rivalry has had in 70 years.

Not Neutral

Cross Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think one single fan of WSU wants him fired. Although, he might take another job if offered since he has made the school president look like doorknob
Or more likely he may be offered a better job after making a winner out of WSU. Then you can go back to being a happy loser. Obviously winning doesn't agree with you.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Leach isn't going anywhere.

He walks to work every day. Rain, shine, snow, walks every day. He loves the small town lifestyle and he's horrible with the media. I mean it's kind of obvious how odd he is in general. He's meant for a small town in a big conference. If big time programs actually came calling on him I don't think he takes it unless there is some spat with the higher ups we don't know about. He needs Pullman and they need him.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you want to get technical then either 'all the marbles' can ONLY mean the national championship, or it can mean anything contextually you want it to. Saying it can't be used for a division title, but it's ok for a conference title is frankly dumb. There is one ultimate prize in college football and no team from the Pac is going to get that this year. Outside of that there are many goals. Every team in the Pac first has the goal of winning their division so they can have a shot at winning the conference. It is the thing all 12 teams first aspire to do. The AC this week is that chance for both teams from this state. Winning this game has a lot on the line and in fact has the most on the line that this rivalry has had in 70 years.

Its cool to Win the PAC. For years going to the Rose Bowl was what everyone was playing for. Obviously if you're good enough to be in the NC hunt then thats great and on another level . Saying you won the south doesn't mean much to me when you lose the PAC championship game IMO.
I get the rivalry aspect of the AC game. If the USC UCLA game was to win the south it would be cool but then losing in the CCG I dont think I'd be pimping winning the south. Winning the PAC as a whole is the prize. Just my opinion.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So whats the chance Utah beats Colorado? Sucks to leave it in another teams hands but thats what you get when you lose early conference games.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's that this game has way more on it than it ever has in our lifetime that was the point, not the specific terminology. UW has had great years and the cougs have had a couple here and there, but never at the same time as UW.

If Utah had done it's job and dispatched the hapless ducks, both of those games would have been insane.

As for how good it is to win the division, we don't have a lot of history there so of course it has had less meaning. And since no south division winner has ever won the CCG of course it has meant less to those teams that came out of the south.

Either way, you can't win the CCG until you win your division. No way I'm looking past the Apple Cup.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's that this game has way more on it than it ever has in our lifetime that was the point, not the specific terminology. UW has had great years and the cougs have had a couple here and there, but never at the same time as UW.

If Utah had done it's job and dispatched the hapless ducks, both of those games would have been insane.

As for how good it is to win the division, we don't have a lot of history there so of course it has had less meaning. And since no south division winner has ever won the CCG of course it has meant less to those teams that came out of the south.

Either way, you can't win the CCG until you win your division. No way I'm looking past the Apple Cup.

maybe you should say its for all the apples. lol
As a college football fan I love these type of games. I'm going to be watching . I really don't know enough about the Cougs to say who I'd rather play in the CCG ( if the Trojans get lucky enough to play). Beating a team twice whos just as good as you or a little better is hard the second time.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
UW/WSU opened at UW -4.5 and has moved to UW -6
Colorado/Utah opened at the buffs -12 and has moved to buffs -10

As solid as Colorado was against WSU and how bad Utah's QB play still is it's hard to favor Utah, but I'd put the odds at maybe 65% chance Colorado wins?

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
UW/WSU opened at UW -4.5 and has moved to UW -6
Colorado/Utah opened at the buffs -12 and has moved to buffs -10

As solid as Colorado was against WSU and how bad Utah's QB play still is it's hard to favor Utah, but I'd put the odds at maybe 65% chance Colorado wins?

At least theres a chance. Im hoping the fact that Utah has played more meaningful games in the past two seasons will give them an edge.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Leach isn't going anywhere.

He walks to work every day. Rain, shine, snow, walks every day. He loves the small town lifestyle and he's horrible with the media. I mean it's kind of obvious how odd he is in general. He's meant for a small town in a big conference. If big time programs actually came calling on him I don't think he takes it unless there is some spat with the higher ups we don't know about. He needs Pullman and they need him.

Even if there is some sort of issue, the only way Leach is leaving is on his own accord. He has a pretty gravy job, no media pressure, and a fan base that has shown to completely forgive his dickness.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wouldn't normally put something like this here as it's a UW specific thing, but found this odd enough to share with everyone else.

UW CB Darren Gardenhire announced on social media today that he is leaving the team/school.

He's a junior and was a starter in '15 but lost his starting role this year. Yet he played in every game this season. I guess he wasn't happy as a nickle corner/relief corner?

Both of our current CB's are probably going to be playing on Sunday's next year as one is a senior and the other is a very high draft pick if he goes out this year. So he had a near guaranteed starting role back for his senior season.

Really
fucking
stupid

There has to be something more going on that we don't know about. Some issue with the coaching staff or other problems. To quit the team THIS week, just before the apple cup, just before their chance at a real historic run seems really fucky.

UW cornerback Darren Gardenhire announces he's leaving team

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wouldn't normally put something like this here as it's a UW specific thing, but found this odd enough to share with everyone else.

UW CB Darren Gardenhire announced on social media today that he is leaving the team/school.

He's a junior and was a starter in '15 but lost his starting role this year. Yet he played in every game this season. I guess he wasn't happy as a nickle corner/relief corner?

Both of our current CB's are probably going to be playing on Sunday's next year as one is a senior and the other is a very high draft pick if he goes out this year. So he had a near guaranteed starting role back for his senior season.

Really
fucking
stupid

There has to be something more going on that we don't know about. Some issue with the coaching staff or other problems. To quit the team THIS week, just before the apple cup, just before their chance at a real historic run seems really fucky.

Kids do stupid things at the worst times. Heck adults do too.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Odd timing with the Gardenhire thing. i guess he was looking at the depth chart for 2017 and looking like he wouldnt get the start on either of the outside positions.

Guess he wants to try transferring to another conf and be starter. Weird. But happens...

Off to the island tomorrow morning and will be here alot less till the AC.

Happy Holidays all!!!!

mrwallace2ku

Treehugger
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1266dd277a.jpg

weak sauce of an effort UWUB…I got bit by the "hooker" on Sat nite by .5 of a point. PICK IT UP BOYZ!

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Odd timing with the Gardenhire thing. i guess he was looking at the depth chart for 2017 and looking like he wouldnt get the start on either of the outside positions.

Guess he wants to try transferring to another conf and be starter. Weird. But happens...

Off to the island tomorrow morning and will be here alot less till the AC.

Happy Holidays all!!!!
Ok, maybe he cares about that last chance to reach the outside starter, but doing it NOW? I mean you wait until the season is over ffs. He will have to sit out a full year anyway so it's not like he was desperate to get his name out there this week.

Given that he was the starting nickle it would seem unlikely he wouldn't have a starting slot next year with BOTH corners leaving for the NFL. Throw Baker in there and they need all of the veteran help they can get in the secondary so he had to have a fast track to taking that spot.

Something else has to be going on. Grades? Crazy ex girlfriend he's desperate to get the fuck away from? Coaches busting his ass for not playing hard enough? Who knows. Something ain't right.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok, maybe he cares about that last chance to reach the outside starter, but doing it NOW? I mean you wait until the season is over ffs. He will have to sit out a full year anyway so it's not like he was desperate to get his name out there this week.

Given that he was the starting nickle it would seem unlikely he wouldn't have a starting slot next year with BOTH corners leaving for the NFL. Throw Baker in there and they need all of the veteran help they can get in the secondary so he had to have a fast track to taking that spot.

Something else has to be going on. Grades? Crazy ex girlfriend he's desperate to get the fuck away from? Coaches busting his ass for not playing hard enough? Who knows. Something ain't right.

Could be some differences with the coaches factoring in.
But one thing I've been hearing through the pipeline is that redshirt CB Byron Murphy is an absolute freak in practices. Expect to see a lot of him next season in the backfield. He's already playing like he's been at the college level for years.

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Really
fucking
stupid

Gardenhire refused to take a UA.