• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

THE PAC 12 THREAD v.3

Status
Not open for further replies.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,000.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMO you'll need to beat both to get to 9-4 because you won't get by USC.

You're right, we won't get by USC....

Because we don't play them this season. :whistle:

Not Neutral

Cross Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do find it curious when duck fans question (appropriately to some degree BTW) if Petersen can transition to this level, but all of their fans find no chance each of their OC's that have taken over can do any wrong.

Why is it more of a wait and see for Petersen than it was for Helfrich when one at least has been a HC in a high profile program?

Mamba, this isn't an angry question, just idle curiosity. ;-)

IMO I would think any coach taking over Oregon last year would have higher expectations than any coach taking over Washington this year.

mrwallace2ku

Treehugger
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This place is way to civil right now. I like it when there's conflict and no resolution to such. Can't we all just be a lil' more pizzed off at each other with the new season right around the corner?

Not Neutral

Cross Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is a PAC thread Wiz. Talking about why you believe your team shouldn't worry about their rival THiS YEAR is a normal course of action for a PAC thread discussion about season predictions ya?

You were over sensitive. I have been very polite to you doogs and given your team a fair shake in future years.

As even pointed out in the post that you quoted and took the time to write one of your diatribes.

Wiz v. Mamba, Ducks v. Dogs, Not Neutral with foot in mouth. Butt slapping and back patting over with. It's football season!

Last edited by a moderator:

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do find it curious when duck fans question (appropriately to some degree BTW) if Petersen can transition to this level, but all of their fans find no chance each of their OC's that have taken over can do any wrong.

Why is it more of a wait and see for Petersen than it was for Helfrich when one at least has been a HC in a high profile program?

He shutdown the "can he recruit at a PAC level?" argument less than two months on the job.

Can Petersen coach at this level has already been answered by his victories against Bigboy conf teams like Okla, Georgia, and Oregon. And he did it without a bunch of 4 and 5 star players and at neutral and away field locations. Give him a team with PAC level talent players and imagine what he can do in the longterm. Sky's the limit.

Go Dawgs!!!

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He shutdown the "can he recruit at a PAC level?" argument less than two months on the job.

Can Petersen coach at this level has already been answered by his victories against Bigboy conf teams like Okla, Georgia, and Oregon. And he did it without a bunch of 4 and 5 star players and at neutral and away field locations. Give him a team with PAC level talent players and imagine what he can do in the longterm. Sky's the limit.

Go Dawgs!!!

:spit:

Ya that 67th ranked recruiting class so far has just "slammed the door" on can he recruit at a PAC level debate...

Only Utah, Colorado, and OSU are worse.

:burt:

WhiteMamba

Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
43 Washington State
67 Washington
68 FIU
69 Houston
70 Toledo

Yep, coach Pete certainly shut that door down convincingly.

Optimism is fine. But let's keep things in reality here.

WhiteMamba

Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A bunch of 4 and 5 star?

Fusky, you have 1 - 4 star.

Boise State current avg star rating 2.88 with Harsin

Washington current avg star rating 3.0 with Pete

Washington State 3.15 avg star rating with Leach

WhiteMamba

Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or was it the OMG!!! 2014 class with their 2.81 avg star rating class that "shut the door"

:pound:

WhiteMamba

Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am sorry, this is just too much fun!!

Pete "shut the door" on recruiting debates.

Sark 2013 Huskies 3.32 avg star rating / 18th nationally

Pete 2014 Huskies 2.81 avg stR rating / 45th nationally

Pete 2015 Huskies 3.0 avg star rating / 67th nationally

:shocked:

"DOOR SHUT"

:behindsofa:

:spit:

Not Neutral

Cross Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Go Dawgs!!!

Actually the questions have been raised, not answered. The question is can he do all those things when he has more than one "Bigboy" game a season, when he doesn't have weeks to get ready for that game, without the luxury of plenty of practice time for his "gadget" plays, when other teams on the schedule are frequently favored over his, when he is not the "Alabama" in his conference, etc. These are the questions we all asked while he was still at Boise State before his post-Moore letdown. CP is not the first successful Boise coach to leave for "Bigboy" conferences. Remember Colorado.

WhiteMamba

Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually the questions have been raised, not answered. The question is can he do all those things when he has more than one "Bigboy" game a season, when he doesn't have weeks to get ready for that game, without the luxury of plenty of practice time for his "gadget" plays, when other teams on the schedule are frequently favored over his, when he is not the "Alabama" in his conference, etc. These are the questions we all asked while he was still at Boise State before his post-Moore letdown. CP is not the first successful Boise coach to leave for "Bigboy" conferences. Remember Colorado.

He know has to face players with NFL guys every week, not once a month run Into an NFL guy in conference.

Attrition. He never has had to deal with it. I think he can have his team ready for it.

But the jury is out. He hasn't one a game as a PAC coach, but " the sky is the limit" because he "shutdown" recruit debates since he has been so brilliant in recruiting.

Let's just see his record after one year in PAC.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's still 5 freaking months to LOI. We haven't even filled half our class yet. Let's talk about how Petersen can't recruit next Feb. Especially since he will of had a year to build this class and thus can be judged.

WhiteMamba

Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's still 5 freaking months to LOI. We haven't even filled half our class yet. Let's talk about how Petersen can't recruit next Feb. Especially since he will of had a year to build this class and thus can be judged.
Your words, not mine, he "shutdown" can he recruit after two months. So relevant to your ridiculous statement, I showed why I disagree using data. February or not, you brought it up.

Sark was a far better recruiter at UW than Pete as of today, and I would bet that won't change on LOI 2015. But I have a good memory and will be sure to bring it up, since I don't believe he has "shutdown " that topic re: UW recruiting.

and we will also "re" evaluate coach Pete after October 18th as far as his success vs Oregon goes. Kellen Moore ain't walking through that door..... as well as after his final game of season to see where that record in a real conference stands.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Go Dawgs!!!

did it answer those questions? 2007 lost to UW, lost to Michigan State in 12 and UW and Oregon State in 13. not to mention the TCU and East Carolina, Nevada, SDSU, BYU, Fresno losses.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Helfrich is totally wait and see, you have half the fan base calling for his head because Oregon didnt go to a BCS bowl last year, but at the same time taking over when he did with what was there and kelly taking very little of the staff and Helfrich finding little reason to replace anyone gave Oregon fans more optimism than Petersen taking over when he did with what was coming back and leaving, and how much of the staff is new to the players puts the microscope a little more on him.

nddulac

Doh! mer
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,787.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you can thank Dan Hawkins and Dirk Koetter for the wait-and-see attitude. Personally, I think Peterson will do fine at Washington.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only reason i say to be careful with singing high praise on Petersen just yet (and I do think he is a good coach and good hire) is because of Dan hawkins and Dirk Koetter. Both did pretty well at Boise and moved on to programs that were sitting in the middle, making bowls but not winning the conference and neither transitioned well. of the three I think Petersen will do the best but just the same Pac is a different animal than WAC and MW as Utah has seen.

Imo, the difference, at least between Petersen at UW and Utah coming in, is that Petersen is taking over a team that has PAC-12 talent. Utah came in with a team that has mid-major talent.

While there will likely be a bit of a learning curve for Petersen in adjusting to PAC level coaching and opponents, at least he has PAC level talent to help make the transition easier.

WhiteMamba

Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
PAC coaches asked to describe team in one word.

Here were responses

RichRod: Hungry
Graham: Character
MacIntyre: More Confident ( derp, one work MAC! )
Helfrich: Redemption
Riley: Leadership
Shaw: Underappreciated
Mora: Determined
Sark: Tough
Willingham: Warriors
Pete: Unkown
Leach: Improving

Status
Not open for further replies.