• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

THE PAC 12 THREAD v.3

Status
Not open for further replies.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn, you know that poor dog in the movie is going to get taken out by the zombie beavers. Why do the dogs always have to die in movies and books???? It's just not right.

Is that a Great Dane in your avi?

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"In the rear with the gear..."...maybe 1 pickup in this thing going on over at NikeWorld...where's Mamba when ya need him?

Finally off of reduced schollies and Sark and his staff aren't wasting time. Already have a couple of 5 star, 6 or 7 4 star and a couple of 3 star commits.

GeekSportsFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is that a Great Dane in your avi?

Yep, she's a dane. A fine dog....looks evil and mean from a distance, but as soon as you step in the house, she becomes a big old lap dog.

Last edited by a moderator:

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ranking classes right now is pretty pointless. Some schools build early and already have 10+ commits. Others take their time like Petersen likes too. He expects recruits to shutdown their recruiting once they commit to the school and not take other visits. Most of his commits will happen during the fall and usually the class is near complete by early Jan. Washington won't be taking a big class this year so expect it's ranking to start ballparking in December.

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ranking classes right now is pretty pointless. Some schools build early and already have 10+ commits. Others take their time like Petersen likes too. He expects recruits to shutdown their recruiting once they commit to the school and not take other visits. Most of his commits will happen during the fall and usually the class is near complete by early Jan. Washington won't be taking a big class this year so expect it's ranking to start ballparking in December.
True. It is . But as an Oregon fan that usually gets recruits verbaled late this is a change that is both fresh and encouraging.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, she's a dane. A fine dog....looks evil and mean from a distance, but as soon as you step in the house, she becomes a big old lap dog.

I love Danes. I used to have a Brindle female who followed me everywhere I went. She would even jump in the car in the morning to try to go to work with me.

I got her from a rescue. I showed up just as they were letting them all out to run around. She saw me and ran over a laid at my feet. I said, "Well, I guess I know which one I'm getting."

GeekSportsFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL.....The one in my avatar we just got before Christmas and we've had three others--one of which is still with us. They are fabulous dogs, extremely mellow. They don't eat as much as people think, but their vet bills are deadly. It's quite a site to see when someone comes to the door and they see two black danes run up to the door. We've had a couple of UPS guys drop their deliveries as they tried to back up and get off the porch.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL.....The one in my avatar we just got before Christmas and we've had three others--one of which is still with us. They are fabulous dogs, extremely mellow. They don't eat as much as people think, but their vet bills are deadly. It's quite a site to see when someone comes to the door and they see two black danes run up to the door. We've had a couple of UPS guys drop their deliveries as they tried to back up and get off the porch.

Yeah, it's funny how people react when they first see them. Then, when they realize how mellow they actually are, they tend to fall in love with them. One of my favorite traits is the way they will lean against their owners when they are standing next to them. The rescue I got mine from said it's called the Great Dane lean. Seems to be unique to the breed.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
3* CB Camryn Bynum to Cal
3* OG Francisco Perez to Cal

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Whats not pointless is what average rating ( star average)the class has if you have at least 10 players committed right now. If your'e USC , bama , Ohio State, Auburn, Florida State you can expect your last 5 players to be at least 4*. If you're not the type of program that gets the cream of the crop at the end then once you get 10-15 players you can pretty much figure out where you're going to end up. So far Washington has a good crop but they can go either way since its a small group still.

Last edited:

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know its early I was just posting because there have been lots of commits lately.
I would guess Washington will finish between 40th and 30th with an outside chance at the top 25. I feel like thats been a fair average for them for a while. they have either been just in or just out.

mrwallace2ku

Treehugger
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Finally off of reduced schollies and Sark and his staff aren't wasting time. Already have a couple of 5 star, 6 or 7 4 star and a couple of 3 star commits.

RELEASE THE HOUNDS @ USC!

Hell has returned to the PAC12, was only a matter of time TF. GL with your "allstar" team from here on out. I'll be praying for your team to return to CornValley on any given Thursday night ranked #1 in the country good sir.

963BUSC

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I can see his point once you have committed then that's it both ways. But if I had a big time recruit as a kid I'd still tell him to go on a couple recruiting visits, you always have to have a back up plan - what happens if you commit in August and by the end of the bowl season Petersen decides to move on?

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know its early I was just posting because there have been lots of commits lately.
I would guess Washington will finish between 40th and 30th with an outside chance at the top 25. I feel like thats been a fair average for them for a while. they have either been just in or just out.

Washington is tough to figure out for me right now. Will Peterson try and run the same offense as he did at Boise so he will want to bring in lower star but guys he can coach up and use the original trickeration plays that made it hard for bigger schools to play with Boise in Bowls .

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Washington and Oregon will be taking relatively smaller classes for the 2016. The behavior of how your class gets built can change each year depending on needs and what talent is available. It's very thin at QB talent on the west coast this year so most PAC teams are concentrating on other positions. It's a deep class for ATH, WR, + DB and LB on the D side with the west coast this year. Some nice Oline prospects as well.

If you got needs in those areas, it's great pickings and schools are attacking there.

As for UW, I'm expecting things to pickup in the fall, but it's definitely going to be a quality over quantity class and should still make the top 25.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Washington is tough to figure out for me right now. Will Peterson try and run the same offense as he did at Boise so he will want to bring in lower star but guys he can coach up and use the original trickeration plays that made it hard for bigger schools to play with Boise in Bowls .

We are tough at times to figure out, for sure. He's running similar schemes on O (Spread with some pro-style looks) and defense that he ran at BSU. The transition on D has been pretty easy as Justin Wilcox built the Husky defense up based on the same system he learned as an assistant for Petersen. But Sark and Petersen run very different offenses and that's where the transition has been harder. From UW, I'm expecting a drop off on the D, as we lost a lot of talent to the draft , but a noticeable positive increase on offense this year. Run game will be improved which will help a lot. But on the flip side, we're going to have another new starter at QB this fall and our schedule is absolutely brutal.

But he's definitely taking advantage of the PAC recruiting pool and UWs facilities to land the type of 4+ star talent he couldn't at BSU. He's doing all the right things recruiting wise with few whiffs. But I'd like to see him start cracking the top 20 for classes because there is still a big difference in building classes that can compete in the conf, vs landing the players that can get you to the top tier bowls and playoffs. UWs academic standards also makes that a challenge. We can't take in athletically gifted special ED kids like many others around the NCAA and a couple of the PAC schools who don't care as much about academics can.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We are tough at times to figure out, for sure. He's running similar schemes on O (Spread with some pro-style looks) and defense that he ran at BSU. The transition on D has been pretty easy as Justin Wilcox built the Husky defense up based on the same system he learned as an assistant for Petersen. But Sark and Petersen run very different offenses and that's where the transition has been harder. From UW, I'm expecting a drop off on the D, as we lost a lot of talent to the draft , but a noticeable positive increase on offense this year. Run game will be improved which will help a lot. But on the flip side, we're going to have another new starter at QB this fall and our schedule is absolutely brutal.

But he's definitely taking advantage of the PAC recruiting pool and UWs facilities to land the type of 4+ star talent he couldn't at BSU. He's doing all the right things recruiting wise with few whiffs. But I'd like to see him start cracking the top 20 for classes because there is still a big difference in building classes that can compete in the conf, vs landing the players that can get you to the top tier bowls and playoffs. UWs academic standards also makes that a challenge. We can't take in athletically gifted special ED kids like many others around the NCAA and a couple of the PAC schools who don't care as much about academics can.

USC, Oregon maybe UCLA should be the only schools ahead of Washington in recruiting.

WhiteMamba

Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
USC, Oregon maybe UCLA should be the only schools ahead of Washington in recruiting.
I would say the only team that should out recruit UCLA in PAC is SC.

No other team should be able to.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would say the only team that should out recruit UCLA in PAC is SC.

No other team should be able to.

With UCLA it depends on how much they care at that moment. They dont always care about football as much as they do about basketball. Right now they do. When Neuheisel and Dorrell were there they didn't care as much.

WhiteMamba

Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. But given a choice of Pasadena or Eugene at the age of 18......

Status
Not open for further replies.