• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

THE PAC 12 THREAD v.3

Status
Not open for further replies.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No one has the same standards for football players as they do the regular student body (except maybe the Ivy League). There are players who can't get into Stanford who can get in to USC and players who can't get into USC but can get into ......( you know the schools). But for the most part all the schools have offered the same kids. I just think the majority who pick Stanford care about education more than the ones who pick other schools. I can admit that and it makes me pull for Stanford when not playing USC.

Agree 100% and it gives me a soft spot for the smart guys too.

mrwallace2ku

Treehugger
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hard to figure out how this kid ever made it out of the WA. schools radar lists.

Tyson Penn, 3-star WR, commits to Oregon State Beavers | OregonLive.com

"Oregon State landed plenty of that Saturday, as towering 6-foot-4, 195-pound receiver Tyson Penn, out of Bellevue High School (Washington), committed to the Beavers"

He's a 2 star on rivals with the only other offer from a PAC school being Wash St. I'm guessing other than height he hasn't impressed and he's at that wierd in between height where if he grows an inch more he's not usefull as a WR other than at the goal line and he's not heavy enough to convert to a TE and not fast enough to keep at WR if he's 6'5. You never know. He could be a gem down the road or not.

WhiteMamba

Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like he will work out at D1 just fine.

Super physical

WhiteMamba

Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No break away speed but he seems to be able to get open. Ball is in his zip code he is coming down with it. Dude is under valued.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The fact that he is from a school that every team in the conference has scouts visit and yet wasn't offered by any major program says something. What exactly it says I don't know, but there is something more going on here. Grades? Off field issues?

There is zero chance he's clean and solid in the classroom and not had an offer from the usual suspects.

mrwallace2ku

Treehugger
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's a 2 star on rivals with the only other offer from a PAC school being Wash St. I'm guessing other than height he hasn't impressed and he's at that wierd in between height where if he grows an inch more he's not usefull as a WR other than at the goal line and he's not heavy enough to convert to a TE and not fast enough to keep at WR if he's 6'5. You never know. He could be a gem down the road or not.

Pretty good analysis...let's just get him into the campus and put some more weight on him first. Baby steps.

mrwallace2ku

Treehugger
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is zero chance he's clean and solid in the classroom and not had an offer from the usual suspects.

OR maybe he likes the small school coaching atmosphere style Whiz? I grasping for recruits down here and understand the Stanford, UCLA, USC and Oregon type recruiting. Not everyone is a "sharp tool" in the shed, I'm willing to take alot of chances and develop talent with my coaching staff these days. Same thing with Riley when he was here. So just maybe...a gem slipped under the radar here. Time will tell.

Don't try and POP my enthusiasm bubble today Whiz...ya bastard.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just watched his highlight tape. Not bad . He's pretty athletic for being 6'4" or 6' 5". He did the triple and long jump on the track team. Worth a shot. Kinda similar to david robinsons kid at Notre Dame.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
sometimes other schools dont offer because that player doesnt fit a need or style of play

WhiteMamba

Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That 5 * Tate Martell has a little Johnny Football in him.

Going to give some PAC teams headaches.

Wonder where he will go? Is this the guy that can get UW to 10 wins?

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OR maybe he likes the small school coaching atmosphere style Whiz? I grasping for recruits down here and understand the Stanford, UCLA, USC and Oregon type recruiting. Not everyone is a "sharp tool" in the shed, I'm willing to take alot of chances and develop talent with my coaching staff these days. Same thing with Riley when he was here. So just maybe...a gem slipped under the radar here. Time will tell.

Not trying to take anything away from mr sensitive.

I didn't look into this kid so I was just going off what you guys posted. If he's from Bellevue HS and only got offers from WSU and OSU in the conference AND he's as good as Mamba wants to portray him as there has to be baggage. There's no other explanation. Slipped under the radar? If he was from one of the second tier HS up here maybe, but no chance from BHS. Scouts from major schools across the country are on that campus every year. They have been in the top 10 in various national HS poll/rankings. Can't sneak a kid out of that program.

If he's passed over because of off the field stuff then maybe you end up getting lucky and he stays clean and has a great career there. Who knows.

I love college football, but have never been caught up in the recruiting game. Far more interested in what the kids you have now do.

mrwallace2ku

Treehugger
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not trying to take anything away from mr sensitive.

I didn't look into this kid so I was just going off what you guys posted. If he's from Bellevue HS and only got offers from WSU and OSU in the conference AND he's as good as Mamba wants to portray him as there has to be baggage. There's no other explanation. Slipped under the radar? If he was from one of the second tier HS up here maybe, but no chance from BHS. Scouts from major schools across the country are on that campus every year. They have been in the top 10 in various national HS poll/rankings. Can't sneak a kid out of that program.

If he's passed over because of off the field stuff then maybe you end up getting lucky and he stays clean and has a great career there. Who knows.

I love college football, but have never been caught up in the recruiting game. Far more interested in what the kids you have now do.

What can you do for me now? I like that and agree, but calling me "sensitive" in my time of need?

I would expect something like..."MrGivemesomehope" as more in line.

Yeah the 16' recruit stuff is to far out there me too Whiz...BTW, your not a bastard.

Not Neutral

Cross Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

mrwallace, whats just as important or even more so is how the coaches develop their players and you just got a new one that can do just that and he's gathering himself a good crew I hear. Lots of the low stars can do well if the coaching is good because they are all just high school kids at the start and some will have the potential not shown before. If that wasn't true most of us would be spinning our wheeles. And the Beavs can say one thing that the others can't: There's no where to go but up.

Status
Not open for further replies.