• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

THE PAC 12 THREAD v.3

Status
Not open for further replies.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kid had a mountain of offers and he's a whooping 6'7" with basketball skills/TE. Big get for the Trojans. A total terror in the redzone for defensive coordinators.

Maybe they will start throwing to the TE now. Most USC fans have been frustrated with the lack of inclusion of the TEs in the passing game.

GeekSportsFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe we can dump the bubble screen next year?

Not Neutral

Cross Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oregon didnt lose that much talent at other spots though.
Oly, how can you put off losing the Heisman winner with the remark "didn't lose much talent at other spots."? Any other QB is a big step down. We are all waiting to see how big a step.

Not Neutral

Cross Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
USC gets a commitment from Pennsylvania 2016 TE Cary Angeline \He's a 3* ( just checked , he's a 4* on a few sites) but with offers from Bama, Michigan, Michigan State, Oregon, Florida,Arizona State , Auburn, Notre dame, Ohio State and about 25 more I'm guessing he's pretty good.
Offers from Bama, Michigan State, Notre Dame, Oregon, Ohio State and he's a 3*? Yeah, right! USC recruiting again like old times. Watch out PAC!

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oly, how can you put off losing the Heisman winner with the remark "didn't lose much talent at other spots."? Any other QB is a big step down. We are all waiting to see how big a step.

^^^THIS^^^

It is unlikely that there will be zero dropoff from Mariota to whomever wins the job. It doesn't mean that whoever replaces Mariota won't be a great player or even that he won't eventually be better than Mariota. But for anyone to think he's just going waltz in and have a seamless transition is a bit of a reach.

If nothing else, there will be adjustments that have to be made re: his cadence, the things he does well vs. what Mariota did well, timing and adjusting to game speed. For a player like Adams (if he wins the job), it will also require adjusting to the level of talent he will be playing against at Oregon compared to what he saw at Eastern Washington.

BoiseMike19

10 inch Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 450.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who's asking him to make a bigger splash? the team is bigger than one person. its about mainting where Oregon has risen to and yes get that 1 more win but it isnt all on the QB.
God love this thought. At least this year hoping it is less of a factor than it typically is in our case.

Not Neutral

Cross Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^^^THIS^^^

It is unlikely that there will be zero dropoff from Mariota to whomever wins the job. It doesn't mean that whoever replaces Mariota won't be a great player or even that he won't eventually be better than Mariota. But for anyone to think he's just going waltz in and have a seamless transition is a bit of a reach.

If nothing else, there will be adjustments that have to be made re: his cadence, the things he does well vs. what Mariota did well, timing and adjusting to game speed. For a player like Adams (if he wins the job), it will also require adjusting to the level of talent he will be playing against at Oregon compared to what he saw at Eastern Washington.
To speak about Adams winning the job or even in the mix to win the job tells us the truth about the loss of Mariota and the season oncoming. If he in fact wins the job, the Ducks will fall to two years in their adjustment to the loss IMO.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
4-star DT Keyshon Camp (Lakeland,FL) has committed to USC.

CCF151

Low flying fruit bat!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To speak about Adams winning the job or even in the mix to win the job tells us the truth about the loss of Mariota and the season oncoming. If he in fact wins the job, the Ducks will fall to two years in their adjustment to the loss IMO.
I don't think anyone believes there will be no drop off with a Heisman QB gone, but I think my fellow Oregon fans and I believe with Freeman, Tyner, and the other talent they have on offense will be able to step up and minimize that drop off. You have to remember the Ducks MOST experienced WR coming into last season had 40 career receptions and 6 TDs in 2 years. This year they should have a MUCH more experienced receiving corps. Put that together with Freeman not being a freshman, I think we have reason to have confidence in the team.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think anyone believes there will be no drop off with a Heisman QB gone, but I think my fellow Oregon fans and I believe with Freeman, Tyner, and the other talent they have on offense will be able to step up and minimize that drop off. You have to remember the Ducks MOST experienced WR coming into last season had 40 career receptions and 6 TDs in 2 years. This year they should have a MUCH more experienced receiving corps. Put that together with Freeman not being a freshman, I think we have reason to have confidence in the team.

Yeah but you need someone to run that offense , make the reads , throw to the right guy . Marcus was pretty special and probably the perfect guy to run that offense . Marcus never had an undefeated regular season and in 2013 Oregon lost twice during the regular season so even a slight drop off is minimum two loss regular season with three loss season regular season a possibility.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,305.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look, all duck fans have the 'natty on a platter' thing. You just aren't going to make any of them change their stance and why would they?

Sure, everyone else is going to think they take a step back and for sound reasons. They weren't that close to being a championship caliber team last year given the convincing thumping they took in that title game and yet they are losing the best player their program has ever had. Makes a lot of sense they would regress even farther away from being a title contending team. But outside of Yeo who seems to be a bit pessimistic as a ducks fan, you probably aren't going to find any others that will see it that way. Arguing with them isn't going to be very productive. Fun maybe, but not productive.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look, all duck fans have the 'natty on a platter' thing. You just aren't going to make any of them change their stance and why would they?

Because their "natty platter" remains empty? :noidea:

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,305.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because their "natty platter" remains empty? :noidea:
Has that ever stopped them before? :noidea:

Ducks believe that every replacement for HC and skill positions are always better than the last and there is no ceiling. Just ask them. Lose Mariota? Yeah, well they will replace that productivity because they did that when the lost (insert name of some player nowhere near Mariota's level years ago) and still did great after them.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Has that ever stopped them before? :noidea:

Ducks believe that every replacement for HC and skill positions are always better than the last and there is no ceiling. Just ask them. Lose Mariota? Yeah, well they will replace that productivity because they did that when the lost (insert name of some player nowhere near Mariota's level years ago) and still did great after them.

You'd think a ceiling would at least be in sight for them by now. I mean, the way they talk about how much better every player and coach is than the one they replaced, they should have 85 future NFL Hall of Famers on their roster. All coached by a staff of Vince Lombardi, Bear Bryant and John McKay. :lol:

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Sure, everyone else is going to think they take a step back and for sound reasons. They weren't that close to being a championship caliber team last year given the convincing thumping they took in that title game and yet they are losing the best player their program has ever had. Makes a lot of sense they would regress even farther away from being a title contending team. But outside of Yeo who seems to be a bit pessimistic as a ducks fan, you probably aren't going to find any others that will see it that way. Arguing with them isn't going to be very productive. Fun maybe, but not productive.

They keep wishing for Natty on a platter but always end up with their Nads on a platter

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The statement was about the rest of the team, not the QB.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah but you need someone to run that offense , make the reads , throw to the right guy . Marcus was pretty special and probably the perfect guy to run that offense . Marcus never had an undefeated regular season and in 2013 Oregon lost twice during the regular season so even a slight drop off is minimum two loss regular season with three loss season regular season a possibility.
but even if the drop off takes it back to where thomas was, which was not as good as mariota but good enough to get to the NCG. or to where Dixon was, not as good as Mariota but on track for a heisman and appearance in the NCG. its maintaining where Oregon has risen to even if this one player isnt as good as the last guy.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Have never said natty on a platter. mostly because I dont believe it is ever just on a platter and 2 I dont use the term natty.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
but even if the drop off takes it back to where thomas was, which was not as good as mariota but good enough to get to the NCG. or to where Dixon was, not as good as Mariota but on track for a heisman and appearance in the NCG. its maintaining where Oregon has risen to even if this one player isnt as good as the last guy.

Well because this isn't 5 years ago when no one had a clue what you guys were doing. Marriota was your star and the main reason you got to the NCG this past year. Your offence without him would have gone no where and your defense wasn't all that great.

Status
Not open for further replies.