• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

THE PAC 12 THREAD v.3

Status
Not open for further replies.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Read somewhere that Vegas has the over and under for the Huskies win total at 4.5.

Going to put a few grand on the Huskies going over, that way I can be extra depressed when this season goes down the drain. Or be a few grand wealthier when we finish in mediocrity.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
3-star C/G Nate Herbig (Honolulu, HI) has committed to Stanford.

2-star WR Josiah Westbrook (Bellingham, WA) has committed to WSU.

CCF151

Low flying fruit bat!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wow your delusions are strong. Oregon has pretty much led the conference in rushing for how many years now? and between Lockie and Adams Oregon will be fine rushing or throwing the ball.
Shhhh, Oly, let him dream, this is the only time of year he gets to pretend his team is good.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wow your delusions are strong. Oregon has pretty much led the conference in rushing for how many years now? and between Lockie and Adams Oregon will be fine rushing or throwing the ball.

I don't know. There's rushing because Maritota was at QB and teams had to respect everything so space to run was there and now you have a QB who teams will now game plan for who even Oregon wont know what he can do . Could be much different.

BeaverShaver

Blocked, Ignored, and Hated in equal parts (12)
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know. There's rushing because Maritota was at QB and teams had to respect everything so space to run was there and now you have a QB who teams will now game plan for who even Oregon wont know what he can do . Could be much different.

Good point. After all, Jeremiah Masoli's and Darren Thomas's Duck teams were terrible rushing teams.

It has only been Mariota, he was everything. And now he's gone......

Do you ever listen to yourself?

:doh:

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good point. After all, Jeremiah Masoli's and Darren Thomas's Duck teams were terrible rushing teams.

?

you forgot about Dennis Dixon with Jonathan Stewart. Remember how bad at running the ball those guys were

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oregon rushing
2014 10 National 1 Pac
2013 9 National 1 Pac
2012 4 National 1 Pac
2011 1 National 1 Pac
2010 5 National 1 Pac
2009 7 National 1 Pac
2008 3 National 1 Pac
2007 7 National 1 Pac
2006 14 National 1 Pac

But Oregons rushing success was based on Mariota and his 9 year carreer.

BeaverShaver

Blocked, Ignored, and Hated in equal parts (12)
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have a new theory, its all Uncle Phil's fault.....

Husky fan likes this post in 3....2.....1......

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oregon rushing
2014 10 National 1 Pac
2013 9 National 1 Pac
2012 4 National 1 Pac
2011 1 National 1 Pac
2010 5 National 1 Pac
2009 7 National 1 Pac
2008 3 National 1 Pac
2007 7 National 1 Pac
2006 14 National 1 Pac

But Oregons rushing success was based on Mariota and his 9 year carreer.
Now that I look at it, it appears Oregon's rushing got worse with Mariota at QB from where it was

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It's a new year a new QB .You guys act like you plug one in and they all are the same. What if you're running more because he can't pass as well? Dixon had 12 TDS and 14 INts his third year at oregon so you had to run more . It wasn't till his fourth year there that he was a threat passing and running,Masoli had 15 TDs and 6 INTS with 58% completion percentage his last year at Oregon. Thats not Mariota last year not even close . I'm just saying it's whoever's first year running the Oregon offense with Oregon players against PAC teams who have more talent that what they are used to week end and week out ( if Adams gets the nod) I realize Adams is a transfer with experience but a whole year under center for Oregon will be new for him with a higher level of competition every week. Not saying it can't work either just saying it's possible it wont.
You mention that Oregon's rushing got worse with Mariota but your level of play was higher.

Last edited:

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,305.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Vernon Adams isn't your typical QB transfer. He torched the shit out of UW with a hell of a lot less talent around him. Probably a better passer than Mariota was and he has legit running ability, although likely not at Mariota's level. Go look at his game film. Dude can throw to all parts of the field. He will have running lanes because teams are going to have to stay back on those routes.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Vernon Adams isn't your typical QB transfer. He torched the shit out of UW with a hell of a lot less talent around him. Probably a better passer than Mariota was and he has legit running ability, although likely not at Mariota's level. Go look at his game film. Dude can throw to all parts of the field. He will have running lanes because teams are going to have to stay back on those routes.

I know what he's done I did see the highlights but its still a jump to play the Arizonas the Stanfords the USCs.. Not saying he can't but like I wrote if you look at some of these Oregon QBs the passing really isn't there till they run the team for a few Years. You say he torched Washington. The next week he threw 2 TDs and 2 INts against Montana State and rushed for 17 yards. The next week 2TDS and rushed for 28 yards against UC Davis. Last game of his season 3 TDS 2 INTs and rushed for -8 yards against Illinois State. So he is human.

Last edited:

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a new year a new QB .You guys act like you plug one in and they all are the same. What if you're running more because he can't pass as well? Dixon had 12 TDS and 14 INts his third year at oregon so you had to run more . It wasn't till his fourth year there that he was a threat passing and running,Masoli had 15 TDs and 6 INTS with 58% completion percentage his last year at Oregon. Thats not Mariota last year not even close . I'm just saying it's whoever's first year running the Oregon offense with Oregon players against PAC teams who have more talent that what they are used to week end and week out ( if Adams gets the nod) I realize Adams is a transfer with experience but a whole year under center for Oregon will be new for him with a higher level of competition every week. Not saying it can't work either just saying it's possible it wont.
You mention that Oregon's rushing got worse with Mariota but your level of play was higher.

We act like it's plug and play because it has been for a while now. But yes we know at some point there could be a trip up. Until that happens why should we act like the its all going to come crashing down? We believe in who Oregon has in place to take over.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We act like it's plug and play because it has been for a while now. But yes we know at some point there could be a trip up. Until that happens why should we act like the its all going to come crashing down? We believe in who Oregon has in place to take over.

So Dixon having 12 TDS and 14 INTs is plug and play? Masoli having 15 TDs and 6 INTS with 58% completion is plug and play? I think what you got from Mariota was something special. You've had some good QBs but they weren't all Mariota. Putting up big numbers and scoring hasn't been the problem it's been getting over the hump. You didn't even get over with Mariota. So now you think you're gonna get farther with Adams? The one who put up 7 TDS against Washington or the one who put up 5 TDS and 4 INTS against Montana State and Illinois State?

Last edited:

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,305.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know what he's done I did see the highlights but its still a jump to play the Arizonas the Stanfords the USCs.. Not saying he can't but like I wrote if you look at some of these Oregon QBs the passing really isn't there till they run the team for a few Years. You say he torched Washington. The next week he threw 2 TDs and 2 INts against Montana State and rushed for 17 yards. The next week 2TDS and rushed for 28 yards against UC Davis. Last game of his season 3 TDS 2 INTs and rushed for -8 yards against Illinois State. So he is human.
And all of those games, including against UW, was with lower talent around him.

If he CAN throw great against a so-so D1 team with shitty players around him, what can he do with Oregon talent?

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And all of those games, including against UW, was with lower talent around him.

If he CAN throw great against a so-so D1 team with shitty players around him, what can he do with Oregon talent?

True but there's still a lot that has to click. He has to learn his new teammates he will have to adjust to a higher level of play overall with the defenses he will go against. Again not saying he can't but it's still going to be different than whats he's used to and he has just this year. Oregon has high expectations with going to the Championship game last year. I just think it's asking a lot for this kid to make a bigger splash than Mariota. Gonna be interesting to see.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,305.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Same can be said for many positions around the field every year in college.

UW is starting a lot of kids with no starting exp and people have entirely written them off already because of it.

Some kids rise and break out while others you expected to shine fall. That's college football. But Adams isn't a juco. It's a step up, but he's got talent.

Status
Not open for further replies.