• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

THE PAC 12 THREAD v.3

Status
Not open for further replies.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Been a crazy week starting a new job and surviving the most brutal HR vetting I've ever had to endure, but everything worked out, and things looking good going into the weekend. Over the past couple days.....

4-star WR Dymond Lee (West Hills, CA) has committed to UCLA

3-star CB Isiah Hayes (Calabasas, CA) has committed to Arizona

2-star RB Thomas McDonald (Grossmont College) has committed to Utah

2-star WDE Joah Robinett (San Marcos, CA) has committed to Oregon St.

3-star RB Tre Turner (New Orleans, LA) has committed to ASU

4-star DB Marquel Dismuke has de-committed from Cal. That's the 2nd high ranked DB to de-commit from Cal's 2016 class. Something weird going on there.

4-star WR/ATH Michael Pittman has de-committed from UCLA. It's being mentioned that he really wants to play defense and UCLA wasn't interested in him for that role, so this may be why he decided to re-open things at this point.

WABLTY

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Been a crazy week starting a new job and surviving the most brutal HR vetting I've ever had to endure, but everything worked out, and things looking good going into the weekend. Over the past couple days.....

4-star WR Dymond Lee (West Hills, CA) has committed to UCLA

3-star CB Isiah Hayes (Calabasas, CA) has committed to Arizona

2-star RB Thomas McDonald (Grossmont College) has committed to Utah

2-star WDE Joah Robinett (San Marcos, CA) has committed to Oregon St.

3-star RB Tre Turner (New Orleans, LA) has committed to ASU

4-star DB Marquel Dismuke has de-committed from Cal. That's the 2nd high ranked DB to de-commit from Cal's 2016 class. Something weird going on there.

4-star WR/ATH Michael Pittman has de-committed from UCLA. It's being mentioned that he really wants to play defense and UCLA wasn't interested in him for that role, so this may be why he decided to re-open things at this point.

Opinions on Turner seem to vary wildly. He's 3 star according to 247, but Rivals has him as the #6 RB in the country.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pac 12 is the most up and down conference there is. Even before Colorado joined WSU was just 8 years removed from conference title. 20 years ago who would believe Oregon would be in contention for NC every year and UW would be recovering from a horrible coaching choice and a 0-12 season.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pac 12 is the most up and down conference there is. Even before Colorado joined WSU was just 8 years removed from conference title. 20 years ago who would believe Oregon would be in contention for NC every year and UW would be recovering from a horrible coaching choice and a 0-12 season.

I think Notre Dame fans could have predicted Ty stinking it up at Washington.

Not Neutral

Cross Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then maybe that's the norm, the way it is, Oly. I think it is. 20 years from now maybe people will say "who can believe that Oregon was once in contention for the NC every year"? or "can't believe the Ducks couldn't win an NC in their glory years". Even Bama had some down years. Colorado suffered from the same thing that sent the Huskies in a spin but they'll both be back. Is there any doubt that USC is on the way back to the top? No doubt in my mind. Certainly, things won't be the same.
[

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
but I also mean look at the other conferences. there have been a few changes with Duke and Baylor moving up but when was the last time Indiana won Big 10?
Has Iowa State ever won Big XII?
Vandy or Kentucky won the SEC?
And while Duke has been doing well thy still havent won the ACC.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,305.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be fair, it was a woman who destroyed UW football, not Ty. He simply drove the final nail in the coffin.

nddulac

Doh! mer
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,787.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And then there is Cal . . .

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cal football looking like they are on their way back up after going from 1-11 to 5-7 under coach Dykes in his first 2 years. of those 7 losses 4 were by 1 possession or less.
Cal less than 10 years since cal finished in a tie for 1st in the conference.
Cal fits the up and down of the conference.

Not Neutral

Cross Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
but I also mean look at the other conferences. there have been a few changes with Duke and Baylor moving up but when was the last time Indiana won Big 10?
Has Iowa State ever won Big XII?
Vandy or Kentucky won the SEC?
And while Duke has been doing well thy still havent won the ACC.

Indiana, Kentucky, Duke - you're talking basketball schools that scare football players away. I don't know if either has ever won the conference in football or ever will.

nddulac

Doh! mer
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,787.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Notre Dame fans could have predicted Ty stinking it up at Washington.
I think they did...
I didn't. Given the success he had at Stanford, I figured he would be successful at Washington. Obviously, I was completely wrong on that one.

Before Washington, the question was "Why wasn't he successful at Notre Dame?" And after Washington, the question became, "How was he successful at Stanford?"

Just goes to show you.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oregon Men Track national champions for a second year in a row.

TheDayMan

Day Butt Ass the sadgaydayboy
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't. Given the success he had at Stanford, I figured he would be successful at Washington. Obviously, I was completely wrong on that one.

Before Washington, the question was "Why wasn't he successful at Notre Dame?" And after Washington, the question became, "How was he successful at Stanford?"

Just goes to show you.
Yeah, he wasn't a clear failure from the start, but I do remember lurking around the CBS forums (before I went all in with this message board thing) and seeing plenty Notre Dame fans who were thrilled to move on.

Status
Not open for further replies.