• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

THE PAC 12 THREAD v.3

Status
Not open for further replies.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,305.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love it when people bring up academics. I am positive this is the reason why you are fans of a particular school. I know I am. I picked up the US News magazine and told myself, what middle of the road institution should I pledge my allegiance to? How about the 108th ranked school in the US? Yep, Oregon.

A large percentage of you dont even have your degree! I love it when you trash another school's academics ( i.e Boise State)

Then the rest of you, the ones who brag about your school's academics, didnt graduate in the field that makes your school stand out. So next time you brag about how great your school is, make sure you cover up that part of your degree that says "General Studies Major". News flash- the reason your school is so great academically, is because international students flood your campus, get straight A's, graduate, then take your jobs.

If you want to talk about sports, lets leave academics out. If you want to talk about great schools for your kids to go to, then Stanford is the champ. Harvard a close second.
I realize it's pointless to try and reason with you, so this is more toward people reading this that might have a clue.

Who said we agree with those standards? This conference is as much or more about the academics of the member institutions as it is athletic standards. That's just a fact. Who was bragging about what? UW is a decent school overall in that area, but the cali schools all blow them away for the most part. And really it doesn't matter. All I did was put out there why BSU won't make it in the conference, at least until they expand their academics to the point where the conference feels they are legit.

Would I care if BSU made it into the conference with their existing academics? No, why would I?

Is it a requirement that all duck fans make more out of what people say than what they actually do?

Get a fucking clue.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,305.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What else would a football fan think about if not the academics of the institution they are playing? What I think of when I hear that is how a top ranked religion-affiliated school reinstated a QB who was caught cheating academically. GPA for admittance? How about bankroll required to afford some schools. If low rated schools are taboo, how do they turn out graduates like Uncle Phil and Boone. I would want to know what they learned there. And if Stanford and Cal are so picky, why did they ever let ASU and U of A in? I'm sure neither of those schools ranked/rank them much if any above Boise, so that argument is hollow. Schools exist for the academics of course, their reason for being, but football is a business. I said it earlier and I'll say it again, regardless of what is talked about before or after the fact, is that $ value may not be discussed, but will be the number one factor in expansion if and when it occurs IMO.
You don't know that much about the history of the conference do you?

The cali schools are ALL about who they share company with. It's far more important to them than how much money they help generate on the field. It's been that way since long before there was a Pac. UW had to fight like hell to get the other NW schools into the Pac after it formed in the ashes of the PCC because several of the California schools (mostly Cal and UCLA) wanted no part of them. They were pissed at Oregon over parts of the breakup of the PCC, but it was their smaller school status that had them trying to block it. UW wanted them all in desperately to cut down on travel for games and of course to help WSU with their monetary status.

Yes, there was some bitching about the zona schools before they joined the Pac, but their academics weren't that bad.

I really don't think most of the non california schools would attempt to block other members purely on academic reasons, but the fact is the cali schools carry a lot more weight than the rest of the conference, they know it, and use it well.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why, is it a secret??

Not that I'm aware of. Just wondering what it has to do with anything since no one has been discussing whether or not they've ever played. They were mentioned as a possible add to the PAC-12 if Colorado were axed.

USC and Boise have never played each other. I expect that if Boise were to join the PAC, that would change. But again, what does that have to do with anything that's been discussed here?

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not that I'm aware of. Just wondering what it has to do with anything since no one has been discussing whether or not they've ever played. They were mentioned as a possible add to the PAC-12 if Colorado were axed.

USC and Boise have never played each other. I expect that if Boise were to join the PAC, that would change. But again, what does that have to do with anything that's been discussed here?
They did have the home and home with Oregon. The blount punch. But I'm not sure what it has to do with Boise potentially joining the PAC either :noidea:

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They did have the home and home with Oregon. The blount punch. But I'm not sure what it has to do with Boise potentially joining the PAC either :noidea:

Yeah, pretty sure they've never played ASU either. Not that it's relevant.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, pretty sure they've never played ASU either. Not that it's relevant.
Personally i would love to see Boise in the PAC but i was also all for oklahoma and texas when those rumors were flying around years ago. I don't see relevance in who played who in the past or academic standards for that matter.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,305.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Personally i would love to see Boise in the PAC but i was also all for oklahoma and texas when those rumors were flying around years ago. I don't see relevance in who played who in the past or academic standards for that matter.
Tell that to Cal and Stanford. They seem to care a great deal about those standards.

Look, UW would stand to gain quite a bit with a BSU addition to the conference. Another short trip rival. I'm sure our president would vote for them to join tomorrow if he could.

The only thing that probably gives pause to the other schools outside of academics is BSU doesn't have the most fertile recruiting grounds to go after and doesn't add much in TV expansion.

BeaverShaver

Blocked, Ignored, and Hated in equal parts (12)
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I realize it's pointless to try and reason with you, so this is more toward people reading this that might have a clue.

Who said we agree with those standards? This conference is as much or more about the academics of the member institutions as it is athletic standards. That's just a fact. Who was bragging about what? UW is a decent school overall in that area, but the cali schools all blow them away for the most part. And really it doesn't matter. All I did was put out there why BSU won't make it in the conference, at least until they expand their academics to the point where the conference feels they are legit.

Would I care if BSU made it into the conference with their existing academics? No, why would I?

Is it a requirement that all duck fans make more out of what people say than what they actually do?

Get a fucking clue.

you are such a little bitch wiz. get off my nutz. I liked you better when you called me a racist then ran away like a little pussy and hid behind your ignore button. you make yourself look more and more like a flapping vagina everytime you comment on my posts. for entertainment value, feel free to proceed.

now, back to my point. I find it funny when people bring up academics when talking about ncaa football. ncaa football has nothing to do with academics and everything to do with money. my comments have nothing to do with other duck fans.

you exist only to try to devalue duck fans opinions, and to chase our coattails with your lame attempts at witty banter and hot takes. find another gig, this one ain't working.

BeaverShaver

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
someone start the fucking season already.....

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,305.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Says the fucking clown that only exists to beat up a fan base he then says isn't worth his time. Talk about an act that is old, tired, and never worked to begin with. Follow your own words and find a different hobby. This one isn't working for you.

BeaverShaver

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Says the fucking clown that only exists to beat up a fan base he then says isn't worth his time. Talk about an act that is old, tired, and never worked to begin with. Follow your own words and find a different hobby. This one isn't working for you.
soon as you are done cleaning up my taint, please put me back on ignore.

nddulac

Doh! mer
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,787.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A large percentage of you dont even have your degree!
No DI program can survive economically without a fanbase that includes large numbers of people who have no academic connection to the school for whom they root.

But if you are going to call people out for talking about academics when their connections to the strong academic programs are questionable . . shouldn't you also call people out for rooting for athletics programs for which they never played?

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,305.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
soon as you are done cleaning up my taint, please put me back on ignore.
And this too is entirely laughable coming from you. You say I'm all over your ass? :wtf: Really? :lol:

I agreed to ignore you for the betterment of the board and said not one word to you for at least 8 or 9 months. Not a word. Didn't say a THING about you or any of your posts. YOU can't keep from saying something to literally everything I post here. Pretty clear who has the obsession. You are so far up my ass you can easily tell me what I had for lunch yesterday.

I'd love to see anyone come to your defense on being a pussy ass little bitch that attacks people who you know have you on ignore when it was agreed that it should be that way for whats best for the board.

You admit that your only reason for being on this site is to attack anyone that flies the purple and gold. Doesn't matter what kind of people we are, you only know hate and only because of what school we went to and/or root for. How is that not just fucking pathetic?

Last edited:

nddulac

Doh! mer
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,787.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be fair I think ASU clobbered BSU in the late 80's or early 90's though.
Wasn't Boise State playing at the DII level then?

Looks like ASU beat BSU 56-7 in 1996. That would be the Broncos' first year in Division IA. Before that, the competed in the Big Sky Conference.

So - I would be wrong in thinking they were DII. I must have their history confused with that of Nevada. And even in that my memory is flawed, since the Wolfpack moved up from DII in 1978.

Getting old sucks.

Status
Not open for further replies.